Versus Battle Gaimou Versus Man’U

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Gaimou could send Shin flying like nobody else, but that kinda lost the hype once Shin could exchange blow for blow with him and make him struggle right after that...so he doesn't looked as impressive as some other top generals.

While Manu had insane hype and his showcase against Moubu was very impressive.
Moubu is a completely different tier than Shin when he fought Gaimou and should still be above him.

Because of that i go with Manu.

-Wei Great General (Fire Dragon)

VERSUS

-Former Great General of Beki
-Chu General and Former Lord of Juuko

Scenario: 1v1 Fight to the Death. Who wins and why?

@Owl Ki
@Patryipe
@Blackbeard
@Bullet
@Shanks
@Dark Admiral
@Guan Yu
@dizzy2341
@PuckTheGreat
@RayanOO
@Ninjashadow0209
@Arara
@Hiragaro
@Yo Tan Wa
@FaradaySloth
@ranady
@Dragomir
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Fiji
@Xione
@Jailer
@Bepo
@Desolate Smaug
Gaimou has to accumulate more feats before scaling him to Manu or even Kanmei. Chiyoyou Shin was giving him a decent fight while Manu was pushing current Moubu to his limits and unlike his Kanmei fight where he was holding back, Moubu was genuinely getting his ass overpowered by one armed Manu despite using his full strength holding his mace with both arms. Definitely going with Manu.

For me both have the similar potrayal.
1. Both are incredibly strong. One overpowered Moubou and other one sent Shin flying (the same Shin who had clashed against the mighty Houken in Sai previously).
2. Both relies on other for battle strategies. (Man'U put his faith on JukkoU and Gaimou had his guy)
3. Both have no real purpose except for their desire to keep fighting.
So, the battle between these two will be very close and the winner gets extreme diff victory over the other. I can't say for one battle, but if they are to clash for 3 times I believe Gaimou will be victorious on 2 of them.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I am the only one who have low respect for Gaimou ?

I know he is strong but i can't really take him seriously. I would favor a lot of brutes over him.

I know he is strong but i can't really take him seriously. I would favor a lot of brutes over him.
Lol yeah it's hard to take him seriosuly but upon further review in terms of strength he is no joke on par with Renpa. Same in terms of ecperience also S rank. Strength is all that matters to him and this is a vs match up for the raging Bull. Maybe this match upight go either way afterall or with Manu barely winning, still favor more Manu.

This is a hard fight. Really close one.
If I remember correctly Gaimou got a strength stat of 97. Meanwhile Mou Bu has stat of 99 or 100 which means Man U could be at 98-100 too. This is a fight that would be decided weight of a general. Man U's void thing seems to ignore that weight thing so he could have an advantage here especially since Gaimou himself was stated to lack that weight meaning he won't have any boosts mid fight.

If I remember correctly Gaimou got a strength stat of 97. Meanwhile Mou Bu has stat of 99 or 100 which means Man U could be at 98-100 too. This is a fight that would be decided weight of a general. Man U's void thing seems to ignore that weight thing so he could have an advantage here especially since Gaimou himself was stated to lack that weight meaning he won't have any boosts mid fight.
Yeah Gaimou is 97 at strength. Manu overpowering Moubu with one arm his strength might well be at 100. Good point.

Manu definitely is winning this then.

Gaimou does have Weight.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Gaimou has to accumulate more feats before scaling him to Manu or even Kanmei.
Are you implying that Man’U is stronger than Kanmei? Because he isn’t, Man’U himself claimed he was weaker than Kanmei.

I don’t know why lol. Well, I do know why but we’ll get into that in a second.

Gaimou is a very unique Great General, he is someone who rose to the rank by virtue of seemingly absolutely nothing except for his combat prowess and literally nothing else. Even Moubu has some measure of tactical/leadership skill. Ouki and Renpa were tactical masterminds as well as being great warriors, but Gaimou is someone who literally only has one claim to fame on the battlefield: his overwhelming martial strength.

And it’s not like Gaimou has tactical prowess that we just haven’t seen yet. His own subordinate describes him as a simple minded brute who only knows how to do battle. The fact that he rose to the rank of Great General based on this and this alone, is just as hype as the fact that Rinshoujou and Koshou rose to the rank by virtue of only their tactics. Gaimou is one of the absolute strongest in this manga, make no mistake.

I can only think of two possible reasons to downplay him. The first is this one:

Gaimou seems to have weight but Ouki and Renpa clearly disrespected him

And I think this has become one of my least favorite arguments in Kingdom lol. The idea that Ouki would have actively chosen not to slay an enemy Great General because Ouki didn’t respect his ambition, is one of the more ridiculous claims I’ve seen from people. Because this is what you have to believe if you take this argument seriously, that Ouki was Gaimou’s enemy, and that he could have slain Gaimou which would’ve been a huge blow to an enemy state, but he simply let him live because he wanted Gaimou to find a dream for himself? Or that he let Gaimou live because he didn’t think Gaimou was strong enough?

By that logic, Ouki must have thought Shoumou was stronger than Gaimou since Ouki held no qualms about fighting him. Ouki also must’ve thought Zhao Kou (I think that was his Chinese name, the GG who took over Chouhei) was stronger than Gaimou as well, even though Ouki specifically admitted that Zhao Kou ruined Chouhei and Ouki himself was very disappointed in Zhao as a whole.

It’s honestly one of the more ridiculous arguments people push. The idea that Ouki would not slay an enemy Great General given the opportunity, because he wanted that enemy Great General to find an ambition for himself, which would make him an even larger threat to the state of Qin? Please. Ouki is going to do the optimal thing in war, there is zero way Ouki would’ve chosen to let Gaimou live if he could’ve slain him easily.

The far more rational explanation is just that Ouki knew that Gaimou would’ve been extremely dangerous to fight, and like Jun Sou said, Ouki chose to engage Gaimou tactically where Gaimou had a clear weakness rather than risk a possible death at Gaimou’s hands.

The fact is that Ouki viewed Gaimou as someone who could actually kill him. Sure Ouki meant what he said about finding a reason to fight and all, but there’s no way Ouki would’ve deliberately spared Gaimou’s life just because he didn’t have an ambition. That is nonsensical.

The only other reason I can think to downplay Gaimou is that Shin got some good licks in on him. To do this is to severely underrate Shin. Shin survived two raged blows from Renpa when he was only effectively a 300 man commander, and could’ve possibly (probably) survived more. Shin overpowered a one armed Houken when he was a 1,000 man commander, and had defeated multiple high-ranking martial commanders from other states over his career. Did people really expect 4,000 man commander Shin to get fodderized by Gaimou? Going back and re-analyzing their fight, Gaimou was clearly stronger than Shin, but Shin himself was just no longer at a point where he was going to be helpless against Gaimou, and was able to get some good licks in. This is not a good reason to downplay Gaimou.

Okay so anyway, my actual take:
So Gaimou is one of the strongest in the manga, like I said above. In fact I think he is a uniquely strong warrior as he rose to Great General by sheer virtue of his strength and nothing else. Shin directly compared his blows to both Renpa and Gyou’Un, and directly stated that Gaimou had the same weight behind his blows that Renpa did.

Now I don’t want to get into the Weight argument, that is my actual least favorite argument I see from people but it is at least a factor to Gaimou’s strength as a warrior.

Now Man’U is a favorite of mine, specifically because his existence utterly debunks the Weight arguments. There is no other way to view Man’U’s words here:

Other than the fact that he is someone who has entirely evolved beyond the concept of characters who have Weight. So Gaimou’s weight becomes irrelevant in this matchup and we can disregard it entirely.

Now I think this fight can go either way, but the obvious choice for a winner imo is Man’U. He didn’t just overpower Moubu, he did it with one arm and later proved it was not just a fluke by fighting completely on par with Moubu for an extended period of time. Now controversial opinion, I think Gaimou can probably put up a similar fight to Moubu that Man’U did, I disregard the strength stats alltogether for all the times they’ve been proven to be complete nonsense, my favorite example being when Shouheikun utterly annihilated the Duke of Juuteki who had the exact same strength stat as him. The stats are clear bullshit and should be disregarded most of the time imho.

So I do think if Gaimou and Man’U fought, it would be a fight that can go either way, but I favor Man’U for his gross feat of overpowering Moubu lol.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
And yet, he struggled with Shin lol

Gaimou got alot of hype, but his fight with Shin showed us the complete opposite of what was said about him. And i value feats and showings more, than what people say.
Yeah you definitely didn’t read my post lol.

4,000 Man Commander Shin could thrash any character in Kingdom the same way he did to Gaimou. Shin said Gaimou’s weight was exactly the same as Renpa’s before thrashing him:

Are you implying that Man’U is stronger than Kanmei? Because he isn’t, Man’U himself claimed he was weaker than Kanmei.

I don’t know why lol. Well, I do know why but we’ll get into that in a second.

Gaimou is a very unique Great General, he is someone who rose to the rank by virtue of seemingly absolutely nothing except for his combat prowess and literally nothing else. Even Moubu has some measure of tactical/leadership skill. Ouki and Renpa were tactical masterminds as well as being great warriors, but Gaimou is someone who literally only has one claim to fame on the battlefield: his overwhelming martial strength.

And it’s not like Gaimou has tactical prowess that we just haven’t seen yet. His own subordinate describes him as a simple minded brute who only knows how to do battle. The fact that he rose to the rank of Great General based on this and nothing alone, is just as hype as the fact that Rinshoujou and Koshou rose to the rank by virtue of only their tactics. Gaimou is one of the absolute strongest in this manga, make no mistake.

I can only think of two possible reasons to downplay him. The first is this one:

And I think this has become one of my least favorite arguments in Kingdom lol. The idea that Ouki would have actively chosen not to slay an enemy Great General because Ouki didn’t respect his ambition, is one of the more ridiculous claims I’ve seen from people. Because this is what you have to believe if you take this argument seriously, that Ouki was Gaimou’s enemy, and that he could have slain Gaimou which would’ve been a huge blow to an enemy state, but he simply let him live because he wanted Gaimou to find a dream for himself? Or that he let Gaimou live because he didn’t think Gaimou was strong enough?

By that logic, Ouki must have thought Shoumou was stronger than Gaimou since Ouki held no qualms about fighting him. Ouki almost must’ve thought Zhao Kou (I think that was his Chinese name, the GG who took over Chouhei) was stronger than Gaimou as well, even though Ouki specifically admitted that Zhao Kou ruined Chouhei and Ouki himself was very disappointed in Zhao as a whole.

It’s honestly one of the more ridiculous arguments people push. The idea that Ouki would not slay an enemy Great General given the opportunity, because he wanted that enemy Great General to find an ambition for himself, which would make him an even larger threat to the state of Qin? Please. Ouki is going to do the optimal thing in war, there is zero way Ouki would’ve chosen to let Gaimou live if he could’ve slain him easily.

The far more rational explanation is just that Ouki knew that Gaimou would’ve been extremely dangerous to fight, and like Jun Sou said, Ouki chose to engage Gaimou tactically where Gaimou had a clear weakness rather than risk a possible death at Gaimou’s hands.

The fact is that Ouki viewed Gaimou as someone who could actually kill him. Sure Ouki meant what he said about finding a reason to fight and all, but there’s no way Ouki would’ve deliberately spared Gaimou’s life just because he didn’t have an ambition. That is nonsensical.

The only other reason I can think to downplay Gaimou is that Shin got some good licks in on him. To do this is to severely underrate Shin. Shin survived two raged blows from Renpa when he was only effectively a 300 man commander, and could’ve possibly (probably) survived more. Shin overpowered a one armed Houken when he was a 1,000 man commander, and had defeated multiple high-ranking martial commanders from other states over his career. Did people really expect 4,000 man commander Shin to get fodderized by Gaimou? Going back and re-analyzing their fight, Gaimou was clearly stronger than Shin, but Shin himself was just no longer at a point where he was going to be helpless against Gaimou, and was able to get some good licks in. This is not a good reason to downplay Gaimou.

Okay so anyway, my actual take:
So Gaimou is one of the strongest in the manga, like I said above. In fact I think he is a uniquely strong warrior as he rose to Great General by sheer virtue of his strength and nothing else. Shin directly compared his blows to both Renpa and Gyou’Un, and directly stated that Gaimou had the same weight behind his blows that Renpa did.

Now I don’t want to get into the Weight argument, that is my actual least favorite argument I see from people but it is at least a factory to Gaimou’s strength as a warrior.

Now Man’U is a favorite of mine, specifically because his existence utterly debunks the Weight arguments. There is no other way to view Man’U’s words here:

Other than the fact that he is someone who has entirely evolved beyond the concept of characters who have Weight. So Gaimou’s weight becomes irrelevant in this matchup and we can disregard it entirely.

Now I think this fight can go either way, but the obvious choice for a winner imo is Man’U. He didn’t just overpower Moubu, he did it with one arm and later proved it was not just a fluke by fighting completely on par with Moubu for an extended period of time. Now controversial opinion, I think Gaimou can probably put up a similar fight to Moubu that Man’U did, I disregard the strength stats alltogether for all the times they’ve been proven to be complete nonsense, my favorite example being when Shouheikun utterly annihilated the Duke of Juuteki who had the exact same strength stat as him. The stats are clear bullshit and should be disregarded most of the time imho.

So I do think if Gaimou and Man’U fought, it would be a fight that can go either way, but I favor Man’U for his gross feat of overpowering Moubu lol.
Can we really take Manu's word for granted lol? Because Manu himself never confronted Kanmei:

I think he's being sarcastic since Kanmei, the strongest in China's defeat by Moubu spread to all states and the soldiers mentioned how he's just provoking Moubu to go all out. The panel before that even shows how the Qin soldiers were shocked that Moubu was knocked off his horse when not even Kanmei could do that.

I won't push for Manu > Kanmei as a fact though until we see more Manumal feats lol.