Gin / Tosen runs a gauntlet against Espadas

Two of Aizen's shinigami allies, Gin Ichimaru and Kaname Tosen, each runs a gauntlet against the top ranked and most powerful Arrancars, the Espadas.

Round 1: The 10th Espada, Yammy Rialgo
Round 2: The 9th Espada, Aaroniero Arruruerie
Round 3: The 8th Espada, Szayel Aporro Granz
Round 4: The 7th Espada, Zommari Leroux
Round 5: The 6th Espada, Grimmjhow Jaegerjaquez
Round 6: The 5th Espada, Nnoitra Jiruga
Round 7: The 4th Espada, Ulquiorra Cifer
Round 8: The 3rd Espada, Tia Harribel
Round 9: The 2nd Espada, Barragan Luisenbarn
Round 10: The 1st Espada, Coyote Starrk
Final Round: The 0 Espada, Yammy Rialgo (released)

Scenario 1: Soul Society arc Tosen
Scenario 2: Fake Karakura Town arc Tosen
Scenario 3: Gin Ichimaru

Rules:
- 100% heal and rest every round. So basically, who is the strongest Espada that Gin and Tosen can take out respectively?
- no restrictions

My thoughts:
Scenario 1: Shinigami Tosen is pretty weak. He and Komamura tag teamed Soul Society arc Kenpachi, both used their bankais, yet the duo still ended up defeated. Tosen suffered an injury. He will stop early, at Zommari Leroux at best.
Scenario 2: Fake Karakura Town arc Tosen is still pretty weak. Combined work of bottom tier captain Komamura and Vice Captain Hisagi defeated him. He will still stop early.
Scenario 3: Gin, unlike Tosen, is a strong and intellectual combatant. If Aizen didn't fuse with the Hogyoku, Gin actually would be managed to kill Aizen. Seeing that feat alone, imo Gin has a chance to clear the gauntlet.

some tags:
@Jo_Ndule @TheAncientCenturion @Jiihad @Haoshoku @playa4321 @Sentinel @ZenZu @RayanOO @Edward Teach etc.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
I’m a lil fuzzy on Tousens shut, but from what I remember. He wasn’t too impressive, but his bankai should get him a couple wins. I think he’d stop around Grimmjow

Gin is a different story.....he was Aizens right hand man. And almost killed Hogyoku Aizen(tho it was a sneak attack) I could see him clearing this

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Scenario 1 — Tosen stops at either Zommari or Grimmjow. Zommari in resurreccion has the chance to fuck up his bankai with all those eyes or randomly shoot them out and hope he gets lucky and grabs Tosen. I don't think Zommari has a better chance to win than SS Tosen, but his ability is a good one. As for Grimmjow, he's gran ray cero'ing that Bankai and breaking it the second he's stuck in it lmao.

Scenario 2 — He stops as Ulquiorra, not forcing him to use his Segunta Etapa. resurreccion Tosen had some pretty broken regen, hollow tier shit, and was able to casually defeat another captain's bankai. Sure, one of the weaker captain's, but this was a two shot IIRC. His biggest downside is that his cockiness and newfound vision blunts his warrior's battle senses, making him susceptible to falling for traps. I see Ulquiorra exploiting this, but I don't think it's an easy fight for him.

Scenario 3 — Gin stops at Starrk. He can likely find away around Barragan's respira, either outlasting it or defeating Barragan before he has a chance to enter resurreccion. He's one of the top captains Pre—Time Skip, I think his shikai alone probably kills Espada's 9 — 7. I think Starrk wins solely due to being one of the fastest Espada with the firepower to manuver around Gin's zanpakuto. His wolves should be able to bring Gin down to a similar level as Rose/Love when they were attacked, and they seem to be immortal up until their self—destruction.

H

Haoshoku

Tosen has been shown to be pretty lethal in his attacks and he doesn’t hold back from what I remember:
Was able to cut Grimmjow’s arm off even though I think Grimmjow was off guard here.

He also put a gash on Shinji’s head during Fake Karakura, I think he has a chance to clear, but since he meets the strongest Espada imo in Round 7, he probably stops there.

Not sure about Gin but I think he has higher chances.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
@Haoshoku What makes you rank Tosen so highly? He got a decent sneak attack in on Shinji but apart from that his most memorable moments are being beaten by Zaraki and cutting off an off-guard Grimmjow's arm. IMO, Grimmjow's ressureccion is about his limit. Can't see him beating Ulquiorra even without Segunta.
I think he has a chance to clear, but since he meets the strongest Espada imo in Round 7, he probably stops there.

H

Haoshoku

@Haoshoku What makes you rank Tosen so highly? He got a decent sneak attack in on Shinji but apart from that his most memorable moments are being beaten by Zaraki and cutting off an off-guard Grimmjow's arm. IMO, Grimmjow's ressureccion is about his limit. Can't see him beating Ulquiorra even without Segunta.

I will admit I could be wrong on Tosen, I just remember him getting very lethal hits in against dudes like Shinji and Grimmjow. But if both were surprise attacks then yeah :kayneshrug:he probably stops at Grimmjow. Scenario 1 doesn’t make it very far though, I was talking him with his hollow powers

Ulquiorra is the strongest espada, him and Yammy (could be below Starkk and Barragan tho cuz the way he fights sucks) , I think there’s enough evidence to suggest this, Ulquiorra R2 should be above Stark, Barragan and definitely Halibel, create a Rank The Espada thread if you want me to go in depth :wellwell:

Ulquiorra is the strongest espada, him and Yammy (could be below Starkk and Barragan tho cuz the way he fights sucks) , I think there’s enough evidence to suggest this, Ulquiorra R2 should be above Stark, Barragan and definitely Halibel, create a Rank The Espada thread if you want me to go in depth :wellwell:
Rofl
Ulquiorra is not strongest Espada. Iirc fighting in Hueco Mondo gives Espada stat boost compared to them fighting outside Hueco Mondo.
That means, trio Starrk / Barragan / Harribel were more nerfed during Fake Karakura Town arc than Ulquiorra, Nnoitra, Grimmjhow etc in Hueco Mondo.

Yet even in his turf, Ulquiorra 2nd form was beaten. If he went to Fake Karakura Town, he would be even weaker than his Hueco Mondo self.

Imo, strongest Espada (not counting Prime Szayel) is Barragan. He is too hax. @Haoshoku @TheAncientCenturion

Tosen cut off Grimmjow's arm pretty easy. The Kenpachi he and Komamura fought was closer to the one that fought Nnoitra than the one that fought Ichigo. Szayel's hax might be to much for Tosen to handle without his Hollowification. With hollowification he makes it to Nnoitra, maybe past but loses to Ulquiorra. Gin doesn't have a lot of feats, but going off of performance against Ichigo, he can make it to Barragan although I don't think he can beat him.