Anime & Manga Girls I Want to Step on Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
There are certain women that just make me want to bark.

Below is a non-exhaustive list:
  • Maschenny Zahard: Tower of God
  • Makima: Chainsaw Man
  • Lady Velika Vekuavak: Delve
  • Elizabeth Atanaxia Evatriae Von Habsburg: Dungeon Defence
  • Elda: Aire

Here's a thread explaining why:
Introduction
Moreso than the plot or concept, the stories I enjoy the most are the ones where the characters "hook" me. There's a certain kind of character that I absolutely adore.

The character doesn't have to be the protagonist. All that matters is that they are prominent in the story. I've started stories because the antagonist was someone that I expected to enjoy greatly.

At this point in time, I prefer reading about female characters more than male characters.

That said, the characteristics of the kind of character I'm looking for:

Primary Characteristics
These are the core traits of the characters I'm looking for. All of them are traits I want, but they're not all equally important. In terms of importance:

1 > #4 > #2 >= #3
1 and #4 complement each other very well, and likewise #2 and #3.
  1. Exceptional competence in combat
    • Bonus points if they actively love combat and delight/thrill in battle
    • Exceptional competence in another field of relevance that's not combat can work as well. E.g:
      • Yumeko Jabami from Kakegurui
      • Kirari Momobami from Kakegurui
      • Moreso than combat, competence in the primary domain(s) of conflict is what I'm most interested in.
    • They don't have to be "overpowered", if they're incredibly skilled/prodigiously talented at what they do it'll work as well.
  2. Very strong-willed and driven
    • Sheer determination to achieve their goals and an unyielding resolve to make it possible.
    • I like ambitious people. I like grand ambitions even more.
    • Moreso than the scale of the ambition, it's the determination and resolve that hooks me.
  3. A strong internal locus of control.
    • I want someone in charge of their life.
    • Someone that will forge their own path.
    • With their own hands, they'll carve out their destiny.
    • This shines best for me when they actively reject the machinations and will of the powers that be. They wouldn't bend to the whims of fate.
    • This is a strong philosophical alignment.
  4. Arrogant
    • I dislike people who are arrogant without the ability to back up their arrogance.
    • I absolutely love justified arrogance. I love it when someone excels in a particular domain of conflict, is aware that they excel in it and is fucking proud of it.
    • I want someone who revels in their competence.
    • Pride is a very underrated virtue.
    • Akashi Seijuro from Kuroko no Basuke was by far my favourite character in the series, and this is a major reason why.
    • This is very important.

Secondary Characteristics
These are nice to haves, they'll make me enjoy the character more, but they aren't mandatory. I'll take a character that doesn't meet either of this.
  1. A mean streak.
    • I've enjoyed characters that are sadistic, cruel to some degree.
    • I've enjoyed characters that are scheming and very manipulative.
    • I guess I just don't like reading about kind and selfless characters that much.
    • I enjoy reading about "villains" more than "heroes", so I think this is an off shoot of that.
  2. Elevated pedigree or otherwise high social status.
    • I'd appreciate it if they were born into high nobility, or otherwise have a similar pedigree.
    • I love competent aristocrats.

Examples
Some characters I loved who meet some or all of the above traits:
  • Makima from Chainsaw Man
  • Khun Maschenny Zahard from Tower of God
  • Imperial Princess Elizabeth Evatrie Atanaxia von Habsburg from Dungeon Defence
  • Elda from Aire
  • Lady Velika Vekuavak from Delve
  • Kirari Momobami from Kakegurui
  • Akashi Seijuro from Kuroko no Basuke

Conclusions
On further reflection, most of the above are just: "traits I like about fictional characters".

Many of my favourite male characters meet these criteria.

The specific request for female characters is because I've enjoyed female characters that meet the above criteria more (that may just be recency bias though. I saw Kuroko no Basuke ~5 - 6 years ago, but read Tower of God, Chainsaw Man and Delve all within the last year).

Recommendations are welcome.

I'll add a poll (including the recommendations) later.

Status
Not open for further replies.