Powers & Abilities Golem Pica's height is no more than 360m

There is a debate going on in the comment section, where some argue Pica has a height of over 1km, to approximately 1,5km. Calculations that are trying to prove that Zoro's ISDS is in the Megaton or Gigaton range or whatever. Thus, I represent why Pica's height is no more than 360m. Doing it in a Thread because the text is way too long.

This is the height of the Colosseum:

The plaza Pica stands right before, has exactly twice the height:

And that plaza makes up half of Pica's height. Now tell me do you think that 2 Colosseums stacked on top of each other have the height of Burj Khalifa (800m)?

Let's go a step further. In the background of the pica image you see the walls of Dressrosa, which I marked in green and which have at least half the height of pica.

How tall are these walls? We can tell exactly. We know that a marineship has a length of ~60m since Oars Jr.'s official height is 60m and his height was = marine ships length.

Here we see a marine battleship right next to the walls:

Stacked on top of each other, the walls have a height of 2,5 battleships. Let's be generous and say 3 battleships, since a small part of the wall to the left of the picture is cut off, which ought to be small given that we see the full height of the wall as we go to the right side of the wall in the picture. That makes them 3*60m=180m tall. And since the walls are no less then half of Pica's height, it makes Pica no more than 360m tall.

@Cinera @Finalbeta @Admiral Lee Hung @Sentinel @critical mindset @Dark Hound @Mr. Anderson

Oda is mad inconsistent with on panel height tbh so idk
That's true. But what's a better way of measuring Pica's height? Comparing his size to the Dressrosa walls and the Colosseum and Plaza he stands right before, while knowing the official height of the walls (derived from Oars Jr.'s height), or trying to calculate the size of the whole Dressrosa pixel by pixel to conclude Pica's height?

There is a debate going on in the comment section, where some argue Pica has a height of over 1km, to approximately 1,5km. Calculations that are trying to prove that Zoro's ISDS is in the Megaton or Gigaton range or whatever. Thus, I represent why Pica's height is no more than 360m. Doing it in a Thread because the text is way too long.

This is the height of the Colosseum:

The plaza Pica stands right before, has exactly twice the height:

And that plaza makes up half of Pica's height. Now tell me do you think that 2 Colosseums stacked on top of each other have the height of Burj Khalifa (800m)?

Let's go a step further. In the background of the pica image you see the walls of Dressrosa, which I marked in green and which have at least half the height of pica.

How tall are these walls? We can tell exactly. We know that a marineship has a length of ~60m since Oars Jr.'s official height is 60m and his height was = marine ships length.

Here we see a marine battleship right next to the walls:

Stacked on top of each other, the walls have a height of 2,5 battleships. Let's be generous and say 3 battleships, since a small part of the wall to the left of the picture is cut off, which ought to be small given that we see the full height of the wall as we go to the right side of the wall in the picture. That makes them 3*60m=180m tall. And since the walls are no less then half of Pica's height, it makes Pica no more than 360m tall.

@Cinera @Finalbeta @Admiral Lee Hung @Sentinel @critical mindset @Dark Hound @Mr. Anderson
Good job.

This picture also makes clear, that the walls of Dressrosa have much more height externally than from within Dressrosa, since from the outside, the walls go much deeper into the ocean.

And we can definitely tell that Pica's lower part is smaller than the walls of Dressrosa (which from the exterior are no more than 180m).

So Pica's height might as well be a bit lower than 360m. Maybe as little as 300m.

Note how in the first picture, from another perspective, the marine battleships seem even larger as compared to the walls, when staying right next to them. You might say that the walls are no more than twice as large compared to a marine battleship, which would make them around 120m.

Not trying to be precise here but just to tell you that Pica being 1-2km in height is far off the charts.

C

critical mindset

Here's the official magazine proportions of Dressrosa

The red sections marks Zoro's ISDS cut vs Don Sai (though the red line marking the second plateau should be cut down to almost half or so depending on where Sai started from). Difference is Zoro lifted Pica from the torso some distance, so a greater feat regardless. I'm ont gonna have a Sai vs Zoro discussion here though, we already did in the Sanji vs Zoro thread

Here it is

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@comrade I appreciate the effort, I really do, but you are just flat out wrong. I don't really have the time (or the intention) to go back and forth on this. However, using your own pic you used to scale Pica, we can see that he's clearly a few kilometres tall. I added the explanation text to the image:

This picture shows that Pica's golem was comparable to Flower Hill in height:

Anyway, Pixel scaling is a lot more robust than these guesstimates we are doing. I'm not on board with non rigorous attempts to estimate the golem's size, but your result is clearly and obviously wrong. Pica's calves alone are much taller than 300m (let alone his entire golem).

I may not reply further to this thread. I do not endorse guesstimate scaling, and arguing which of the two of us is more accurate is uninteresting. Rigorous scaling attempts (my multiple people and which have been reviewed) place the golem at 2.7 km tall. Their attempts may be incorrect, but they are much more likely to produce an accurate answer than mere guesstimates. The fact that multiple attempts arrive at the same figure backs it up.

Last edited:
C

critical mindset

@comrade I appreciate the effort, I really do, but you are just flat out wrong. I don't really have the time (or the intention) to go back and forth on this. However, using your own pic you used to scale Pica, we can see that he's clearly a few kilometres tall. I added the explanation text to the image:

Anyway, Pixel scaling is a lot more robust than these guesstimates we are doing. I'm not on board with non rigorous attempts to estimate the golem's size, but your result is clearly and obviously wrong. Pica's calves alone are much taller than 300m (let alone his entire golem).

I may not reply further to this thread. I do not endorse guesstimate scaling, and arguing which of the two of us is more accurate is uninteresting. Rigorous scaling attempts (my multiple people and which have been reviewed) place the golem at 2.7 km tall. Their attempts may be incorrect, but they are much more likely to produce an accurate answer than mere guesstimates. The fact that multiple attempts arrive at the same figure backs it up.

From the perspective we cannot tell how much those "multi-storied" buildings stick out, we can't even estimate from that how tall they are to begin with

Btw, if Pica stands at 2700m then that takes away shitloads of Kaido's hype as Burgess jumped from the top of the plateau down to the city level. I provided the official magazine proportions, lol Jesus fucking Burgess jumped from a height soldidly over 3000m and laughed his ass about it. I'm gonna wank Burgess now
Post automatically merged:

The colosseum would be around 50-60m. Now scale that to Pica. Case closed @Chaves

Last edited by a moderator:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
From the perspective we cannot tell how much those "multi-storied" buildings stick out, we can't even estimate from that how tall they are to begin with

Btw, if Pica stands at 2700m then that takes away shitlot of Kaido's hype as Burgess jumped from the top of the plateau down to the city level. I provided the official ,agazine proportions, lol Jesus fucking Burgess jumped from a height well soldidly over 3000m and laughed his ass about it. I'm gonna wank Burgess now
Post automatically merged:

The colosseum would be around 50-60m. Now scale that to Pica. Case closed
Lmfao nonsense as usual.
Gedatsu fell from a sky island and survived. Did that take away from kaidos hype.

We have Oars official height which is 60m and which is equal to the length of the marine battleships, which were parking right at the walls of Dressrosa. Which means the walls are anywhere between 120-180 meters depending on the perspective (Oda just isn't precise).

We also know, that the walls viewed from within of Dressrosa are smaller than viewed from the outside due to the walls going down into the sea.

We also saw from several perspectives, that the lower part of Pica's body is definitely smaller then the walls, which are below 200m.

The size of the buildings however is headcanon. We can't even see them properly on Pica's body. They don't even look multistore to me.