Great Generals Tournament, Losers R3 - Round 1

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
One more Round, Three more Battles to go before the Semi-Finals! These next three matchups are going to be very hard and are going to result in some painful eliminations lol.

Let's do this!

Loser(s) of this round are eliminated

Rules:
-Some of the Generals featured in this tournament have only hype and no feats, so just vote based on who you think would win based on whatever reasoning you feel!
-You MUST vote in the poll for your vote to count!
-Discussion is of course always welcome but keep it civil. Feel free to try and persuade each other why the General you feel is stronger overall would win.

Round 1 - Losers Round 3

Duke Hyou

-Has a Qin Army of 120,000 including his Personal Cavalry
-Duke Hyou will also pick up the 8,000 men of the Hi Shin Unit, lead by 5,000 Man Commander Shin and 3,000 Man Commander Kyou Kai
(Duke Hyou will not have the men of the Hi Hyou Unit who went to the HSU, but will still have the men killed before that)

VERSUS

Kan Ki

-Kan Ki has a bigger version of the Bandit Army that he brought into Koku You Hills, 100,000 Bandits
Subordinate Commanders:
Rin Gyoku
Koku'Ou
Ma Ron
Rai Do
Zen Ou
Saki

Scenario: War to slay the opposing commander or force them to surrender by any means necessary. Literally any strategy or lack-there-of is allowed. If you think one of the Generals would permanently retreat, count that as a loss for that General.

Who Wins and Why?

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Patryipe @Bullet @Dark Admiral @Guan Yu @Dovahkiin @Greenbeard @DizzyBrows @PuckTheGreat @MarineHQ62 @NeutralWatcher @RayanOO @Ninjashadow0209 @Arara @Hiragaro @Yo Tan Wa @Xione @FaradaySloth @ranady

Duke hyou wins
Duke Hyou > Kanki
I think his feats and portrayal are above Kanki and also i don't see him being tricked with Kanki's tactics
Duke has a 20k advantage and his soldiers just like the hi shin unit are superior to normal soldiers so better manpower
Shin, Duke hyou and Kyoukai are the strongest here so martial might also goes to them
And lastly Duke will spark Shin's instincts as well

Last edited:
At this point having commanders that are decent generals like Raido and such is something we can expect from all major generals & great generals in the series, especially in Qin. Tou has his, Moubi has his, Ousen has his, Yotanwa has hers, so on. So the Duke's own army should possess individuals that are similar to Kanki's commanders.

Which would result in a wash, more than likely they're going to be superior to Kanki's commanders due to the massive experience they'd have for being under the Duke.

So the Duke's army on his own should be superior to Kanki's bandit army in sheer combat. HOWEVER, the issue becomes the terrain, if this were a face to face confrontation then I'd say the Duke comes out on top, but since it's in an area with forests and such, where Kanki can utilize his army's bandit skills to the max.. More than likely Kanki would win such an engagement.

But... you also added in the HSU under the Duke.. and this is what gives the Duke a definite W.

Top 5 commanders through strategy or instinct:
1. Duke
2. Kanki
3. Ten
4. Kyoukai
5. Shin

Top 5 Combatants:

1. Shin
2. Kyoukai
3. Duke
4. Naki/Kanki
5. Kanki/Naki

Though I suppose we should start being specific which 8-000 man HSU this specifically is. There are 3 arcs that the 8000 man unit goes through, with progress coming with each, not to mention at the start of those arcs at the end of those arcs. This last arc being even more important as at end of the war 8000 man unit is awakened. My answer is relating to this version of the HSU:

Is Naki really that impresive to be above Zeno?
Zenou so far as only shown to be a brute in physical prowess, from how I see it atleast.

Hi Shin Unit also has a physical beast like that, who's even superior to Shin by a good amount when it comes to physicality:

Sheer beast. (on that note, bit disappointed that Hara didn't show this guy beasting in the Shukai Plains).

With Zenou, I don't think he's superior to even Raidou when it comes to actual fighting. Naki is said to even more scarier than Raido when he's angry.

Duke Hyou, I don't really think any General can deal with Duke unless if they're god tier (Hakuki, Gakuki, etc.) we know Riboku should be above Kanki due to the mysterious "Kanki weakness" and by another reason that I can't exactly say for spoiler reasons. But we do know that Duke Hyou nearly defeated Riboku's strategies. It'll be a tough match but the sealing deal will be the subordinates.
Shin would kill Raido in a fight without much difficulty
Kokuou can't do shit to Kyoukai as we seen before
That leaves Ringyoku which is a forgettable character, so if he has any feats then I'm interested.
Maron is a smart strategist but not superior to a person like Chougaryuu or Keisha, both of which the HSU eventually took their heads.
That leaves Zenou, who is a physical monster but I don't think Zenou will carry the Kanki army, since he didn't as shown at Kokuyou Hills. Because of this I see Kanki losing, putting up a respectable fight but in the end I see the Duke barrelling his way through Kanki's army looking for a duel.

I don’t wanna compare their military might here cause it may vary from person to person. I’m just gonna highlight on the advantages and the disadvantages they’re gonna have in this battle and why the Kanki army walks out victorious.

First for Duke army,
Advantage:
1. They have HSU (Shin and Kyoukai will be a tough one to deal with for Kanki)
2. Duke have better warfare experience

Disadvantage:
1. It’s not an open field where both HSU and Duke are far more efficient.
2. They’re facing an opponent who’s not like the one they’re faced before.

Kanki Army,
Advantage:
1. The battlefield is more advantageous for them to play all their tricks.
2. Both the opposing Generals will be charging head on which will give them opportunities to create more traps them.

Disadvantage:
1. HSU (Shin and Kyoukai are their opponents)
2. Any strategy they might implement will be outmanoeuvred by experienced Duke.

Now, the battle will begin and Duke and Shin will lead a full scale charge against the Kanki Army. We all have seen both of them like to act first and think afterwards. Kanki will suffer initial loss in few fields but he will keep his calm. Unlike Duke and Shin he is not gonna charge head on and will save majority of his army in reserve and will have multiple traps/ ambushes set up for enemy army in places. Just like he did with Kaishibou where he sent him on the wild chase and managed to slay Genpo.
Only this time he needs to slay the Generals who will be on hot pursuit to slay him. Obviously he will realise no common strategy will work against them which is why he will be using his other strategy. Like the ones he performed on Zhao armies. The Saki clan will be put on use after he captures enemy soldiers and will have all their secrets spilled and then proceeds to make human gate and forest to welcome Duke and Shin. Knowing Shin he will be furious and charge head on against Kanki base only to find himself ambushed in multiple occasions. There is no way he can survive them all and same goes for Duke too. They’re both emotional fool. Even Kyoukai looses her temper in such occasions.
The continuous ambushes, traps and assaults will tire them out which will be the perfect time for the final blow from Kanki.

And if we’re arguing on why would Duke and Shin go after him, they won’t. But we have Kanki here. The man who sat calmly on his camp for an entire day even though the odds were heavily favourable for him. He will have no trouble hiding and avoiding the direct confrontation. He is an ex bandit after all. But Duke and Shin aren’t that passive. Ultimately they will be leading charge to their downfall.

The only way for Duke to be victorious is if he manages to slay Kanki before he sets up his plans in motion which is near impossible. The odds of Kanki being defeated in this scenario will be 20:80. Duke has an experience but not against the General who was an ex bandit and still acts like one..!! :cheers:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
It’s very difficult to compare these two here, especially when both are fairly atypical among generals lol.

I will say, I’ve been very vocal about how legendary of a General Duke Hyou is, and I think his instincts will allow him to win the vital clashes against Kanki, and there won’t be much Kanki will be able to do against him outside of Zenou, which..I’ll just say the Duke should be able to slay him but who knows really..lol

But especially since the Duke has the support of the Hi Shin Unit here, I don’t see him losing this one.