Great Generals Tournament, Pools - Round 6

Who Wins

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Lips-Sama makes his majestic entrance @Owl Ki
:akaman:

Rules:
-Some of the Generals featured in this tournament have only hype and no feats, so just vote based on who you think would win based on whatever reasoning you feel!
-You MUST vote in the poll for your vote to count!
-Discussion is of course always welcome but keep it civil. Feel free to try and persuade each other why the General you feel is stronger overall would win.

Round 6 - Pools

Ou Ki

-Ouki has a Qin Army of 90,000 men
-Subordinate Generals: Tou, Roku Omi, Kan Ou, Rin Bou, Dou Kin, Ryuu Koku, etc etc

VERSUS

Go Kei

-Go Kei has a Wei Army of 100,000 men including the same amount of Wei Armored Chariots that he had against Duke Hyou
-Subordinate Generals: Haku Ki Sai, Kyuu Gen, Shu Ki, Ma Ki

A large flatland featuring 2 Central hills (Disregard the 3rd hill for fairness sake)
Spoiler

Scenario: War to slay the opposing commander or force them to surrender by any means necessary. Literally any strategy or lack-there-of is allowed. If you think one of the Generals would permanently retreat, count that as a loss for that General.

The Winner of this match proceeds on in Winners, the Loser heads to the losers bracket.

Who Wins and Why?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Mobility in warfare is crucial in outmaneuvering an opponent, claiming strategic holds (any decent incline) and harassing routed forces after the battle—historically where the lions share of casualties comes from.

Go Kei has an inherent advantage thanks to the aforementioned cavalry/chariots that grants him this increased capabilities, alongside numerical advantages as well. To be perfectly clear, Go Kei can win without directly confronting his enemies. Cavalry [chariots] alongside his greater numbers will make encircling or hindering the supply chain an enormously easy task. Starvation and disease will take Ou Ki’s forces. The Wei army merely needs to be ready to unleash a final blow on weary troops.

Mobility in warfare is crucial in outmaneuvering an opponent, claiming strategic holds (any decent incline) and harassing routed forces after the battle—historically where the lions share of casualties comes from.

Go Kei has an inherent advantage thanks to the aforementioned cavalry/chariots that grants him this increased capabilities, alongside numerical advantages as well. To be perfectly clear, Go Kei can win without directly confronting his enemies. Cavalry [chariots] alongside his greater numbers will make encircling or hindering the supply chain an enormously easy task. Starvation and disease will take Ou Ki’s forces. The Wei army merely needs to be ready to unleash a final blow on weary troops.
This would be enough to handle all chariots or cavalry or numerical advantage or tactics :

Gokei's head flying high in the sky. FaruFaruFaru.......
:akaman:

Ouki might just stand back and handle the strategy part while his Vassals like Rokumi and Co. along with the Goat Tou finish off the actual battle. Ouki along his full company is too much for Go Kei. Also the number of soldiers are already out in table which means no hidden army..!! :cheers:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Still unsure whether or not @TheAncientCenturion reads Kingdom or not lol. His knowledge of Kingdom is simultaneously both very high and also very low lol.

As for this battle, Gokei is a superior tactician/strategist to both Ouki and Tou, I've said in the past that I consider Gokei to be a stronger tactician/strategist than Karin, and Karin is a superior strategist to Tou, and I rank Tou and Ouki pretty similar in strategy, though Ouki might have a slight edge but it's not enough to make up the gap.

Still though, I don't think Ouki would fall for some of Gokei's maneuvers the same way that Duke Hyou did, Gokei definitely isn't obliterating Ouki's entire army in an afternoon as Ouki would see through most of the baits/tactics that Gokei would attempt to pull off and would at least be able to partially counter them.

Those Wei Armored Chariots are seriously dangerous though, they would pose a massive threat to Ouki's foot soldiers and Ouki would probably realize this and try to focus on capturing the hills in order to avoid this threat as much as possible. Once Ouki took the two central hills (and he would, the Gokei army does not have anyone capable of stopping Ouki himself).

Here's where things get kind of tricky though, because the only reason that Gokei lost to Duke Hyou is because he refused to retreat despite the fact that Gokei stated that by the time Duke Hyou reached him, he had already thought of 50 different retreat methods, but refused to retreat from an Invader of Wei.

Would Gokei retreat against Ouki and fight a war of attrition rather than trying to outright fight him like he did against the Duke? Permanent retreat in this tournament results in a loss, but temporary retreat to re-rally your forces and such is totally permitted. Could Gokei just stall out Ouki but repeatedly falling back/fighting the defensive battle rather than trying to fight Ouki outright?

Maybe, I guess it just depends on Gokei's decision making in battle, which is much higher than my own so I won't think too hard on this option lol.

I am inclined to give this win to Ouki though, as the Gokei army does not have anyone capable of stopping Ouki or even Tou. Rather than betting on Gokei repeatedly withdrawing/fighting a war of attrition and going down that rabbit-hole, I will vote for Ouki as both he and Tou would defeat Gokei in 1v1 and as I've said, Gokei likely wouldn't be able to stop either of these two.

I'll vote for Ouki, extreme diff.