Great Generals Tournament, Pools - Round 7

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
This may be the closest round for me yet. I'm going to make a better effort from here on out to make the matchups more balanced so that the discussions are more lively lol.

Rules:
-Some of the Generals featured in this tournament have only hype and no feats, so just vote based on who you think would win based on whatever reasoning you feel!
-You MUST vote in the poll for your vote to count!
-Discussion is of course always welcome but keep it civil. Feel free to try and persuade each other why the General you feel is stronger overall would win.

Round 7 - Pools

Ko Shou

-Ko Shou has a Qin Army of 100,000 men
-Subordinates: Shou Hei Kun, Kai Oku, Mou Ki (since we don't really know what Prime Shouheikun looks like, Ko Shou has Shouheikun as he appeared during the battle of Kanyou). Shouheikun also has access to his Black Cavalry Corps (1,000) lead by Hyou Shiga as well as General Kou Ryuu.

VERSUS

Ka Rin

-Ka Rin has a Chu Army of 120,000 (Including her Elephant Battalion that she used during the Battle for Kankoku Pass)
-Subordinates: Kou Yoku, Haku Rai, Ka En

A large flatland featuring 2 Central hills (Disregard the 3rd hill for fairness sake)

Scenario: War to slay the opposing commander or force them to surrender by any means necessary. Literally any strategy or lack-there-of is allowed. If you think one of the Generals would permanently retreat, count that as a loss for that General.

The Winner of this match proceeds on in Winners, the Loser heads to the losers bracket.

Who Wins and Why?

Last edited:
Isn't Ko Shou the GG of Qin's six..?? Also we have the Shou Hei Kun who was compared by the Sai Taku himself as someone stronger than Mou bu. Considering we have the Prime Shou Hei Kun, we can say a mid-high diff win by Ko Shou.
Don't forget that Kou Yoku actually fought equally with Tou for quite some time, and Haku Rai is equally as talented as him lol.
I have no disrespect for Karin and her tactics but since we have GG of Qin and another Beast by his side. Without Shou Hei Kun, Karin can take this with high-extreme diff.:cheers:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'll do a quick break down, just a small one, on why Ka Rin wins this.

Ko Shou's greatest attribute in this battle will be one of the most brilliant men in Asia, Shou Hei Kun. Said man who was responsible for the Sanyou campaign's successes and generally appears to be beyond the scope of normal combatant thinkers. His ability to twist a situation, after thoroughly understanding it, is remarkable. Which one would expect from the student of Ko Shou himself.

My only issue here is the fact that the master of this army shares the same skill as his most competent commander. Sure, it's good, but that also determines that they will be of the same mind, and of the same plan. What Ka Rin needs to do is merely discover what she would do, then do something else. She doesn't need to out maneuver her opponents with trickery so blatantly, but to be someone else. The Strategic masterminds will adapt quickly, I'm sure, but one a wing begins to fail under the legendary 5,000 beneath Ka Rin's beck and call, I don't see anything but an organized route possible for the Strategists. Which, to their credit, is better than what 90% of commanders could expect.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Ko Shou's greatest attribute in this battle will be one of the most brilliant men in Asia, Shou Hei Kun. Said man who was responsible for the Sanyou campaign's successes and generally appears to be beyond the scope of normal combatant thinkers. His ability to twist a situation, after thoroughly understanding it, is remarkable. Which one would expect from the student of Ko Shou himself.

My only issue here is the fact that the master of this army shares the same skill as his most competent commander. Sure, it's good, but that also determines that they will be of the same mind, and of the same plan. What Ka Rin needs to do is merely discover what she would do, then do something else. She doesn't need to out maneuver her opponents with trickery so blatantly, but to be someone else. The Strategic masterminds will adapt quickly, I'm sure, but one a wing begins to fail under the legendary 5,000 beneath Ka Rin's beck and call, I don't see anything but an organized route possible for the Strategists. Which, to their credit, is better than what 90% of commanders could expect.
Still unsure whether or not you read a Kingdom or are just trying to start a debate lol, but I sure appreciate you sharing a different opinion lol. I shall respond to it and give my thoughts on this matchup here.

So I do agree with Shouheikun and Koshou being of the same mindset in a battle, but I wouldn’t say this is a disadvantage because these two pretty much know everything there is to know about warfare. I don’t think Karin will be able to outplay either of them, even if she attempts to use her elephant brigade as a distraction like she did at Kankoku, Shouheikun and Koshou will both see through any pointless maneuvers that serve only as diversions.

In my opinion, both Shouheikun and Koshou are > Karin as tacticians/strategists though the gap is very small. From there, Karin would need to rely on her additional 20K and her subordinates to win this, and I just don’t see that as being viable.

For one, Karin has no one capable of slaying Shouheikun. While his full strength is very much unknown, this man has been placed on the same level as Moubu martially (not to be confused with being in the same brute strength tier as him @Patryipe ) and he won’t have too too much difficulty slaying all of Karin’s subordinates and Karin herself when it came down to it.

So strategy and tactics: Koshou and Shouheikun have a slight advantage

Martially: Shouheikun himself is just not stoppable to this particular army.

The Koshou army wins here.

Last edited:

Since when did you read Kingdom? :king: