Theory Greenbull has a zoan time fruit

I like the idea of a Mythical Zoan Tree Ent or a Wood Logia/special Paramecia

But time is cool too. I can't imagine Oda adding it into the story unless it's significantly nerfed. Though aspects of time have already been incorporated into several devil fruits, so I doubt Oda would do more time as it seems less creative

Noro Noro no Mi - slows down the time of an object
Juku Juku no Mi - Ages inanimate objects
Bonney's fruit - changes the age of living things
Toki Toki no Mi - skips forwards in time - this literally translates to time time fruit

Now, I could see a time based fruit if it were used to pause time or the perception thereof (for short periods of time or it's hax af) for objects or people, but the fruit would literally have to be limited to that; otherwise it'll break the verse
Post automatically merged:

Also

Chronos does not have a bulls head - no Admiral ever has actual aspects of the animal incorporated into their design.

This is Chronos

Just to clear that up

Though i do like the details regarding faith, I hadn't picked up on that before

Last edited:
Very very difficult. Time control is a matter serious writers should leave aside if it is not managed extremely well. Oda indeed introduced a single time df user and that was very limited luckily (otherwise it would have screwed the time line and will of D theme very easily) and also cinsidering this, that we already have a time df user, I hightly doubt Green bull will have a time df. It could be something a little exotic like Fujitora's gravity or BB's darkness but not time, too mich and we have already seen something similair a short time ago.

I posted one on OJ that got over 40 likes right when i joined in 2014 - I cant be arsed to re-write it though

Tree Ent mythical zoan
The problem with the Tree ent is basically this:

Eastern dragon - Hou-ou-like phoenix - Daibutsu - Kyuubi - Yamata-no-Orochi - Tree ent?

Such fruit feels completely out of place among so many Eastern creatures.

The problem with the Tree ent is basically this:

Eastern dragon - Hou-ou-like phoenix - Daibutsu - Kyuubi - Yamata-no-Orochi - Tree ent?

Such fruit feels completely out of place among so many Eastern creatures.
Phoenix is Greek - Ho-Oh is based on the Fenghuang (Chinese/Mongol) and the Simurgh (Iranian) not the Phoenix - if it wasn't for this I would agree with you

If not an Ent then certainly Dryad is possible

The logic behind it is the following

Green fits a plant-like theme
Oda likes his Admiral patterns - 3 logia pre skip, so why not a Zoan to go with the Paramecia and Logia?
There were several other things, like green had demonic connotations and Ents/Dryads are often hostile to humans

Little things like that, there were a lot more details

I'm also against time because of previously mentioned reasons; time's already been done in 4 different ways - for what's left for time (pausing and relativity), that would be far too simple a power. The Admirals' fruits have a lot of underlying complexities e.g. Kizaru can only travel in straight lines - there's a LOT of diversity in how their powers are used and time doesn't allow for that opportunity unless Oda manages it perfectly (I'm not confident that he could)

But imagine a fruit that allows for assimilation like Pica's into not only stone/ground but also plantlife of any kind
Free and nigh limitless manipulation of plantlife like Binz from Z
Intangibility (debatably) due to plant-like body
Also healing is a high likelihood as well as use of poisons etc.

It still fits the space theme technically too. Light - Gravity - Life/Light - Gravity - Time (plants ageing etc. - it still works)

1)
Last admiral trio was all logia.
Current admiral trio will represent all 3 types of Devil Fruit (Logia, Paramecia, Zoan)

2)
We already have Light and Gravity for admirals so next one seems pretty obvious to be Time, since Oda is probably trying to reference
Einstein's Theory of General Relativity

Having plant power with admirals who have light and gravity powers would be so random

3)
Time is represented by color green and Ryokugyu's color is green.
That would match current admiral scheme:

Kizaru- Light
Fujitora - Gravity
Ryokugyu - Time

4)
I predict his motto will be - "Divine Justice"
His powers will reference God
Green color sometimes is associated with faith

And this might also explain why he hasn't eaten 3 years. Ryokugyu is just fasting.
Religious people are often fasting (few days to few weeks) and Ryokugyu is just taking that to the extreme (3 years), probably with the help of his powers.

Kizaru- Indecisive Justice
Fujitora- Blind Justice
Ryokugyu- Divine Justice

5)
His fruit will probably be:
Mythical zoan- Human Human fruit Model: Chronos

Basically a God that can control time. It could be any time God but I only remember Chronos, and he has bull's head.

TL;DR
Kizaru- Logia - Light
Fujitora - Paramecia - Gravity
Ryokugyu - Mythical Zoan - Time

If Ryoukugyu has me as his DF hes most defintely replacing Aokiji for me. Sorry Kuzan:josad:

Phoenix is Greek - Ho-Oh is based on the Fenghuang (Chinese/Mongol) and the Simurgh (Iranian) not the Phoenix - if it wasn't for this I would agree with you
This could have been a valid point decades ago, but not today. Nowadays Japanese pop culture has virtually merged those two creatures into one and you have many examples of Hou-ous which gained attributes of the Greek phoenix, like Marco himself. Basically, the phoenix is the most globalized monster (to the point of losing its original identity) and, therefore, a very bad example to support your position. Oda has just followed this tendency and so has stressed the fiery and regenerative properties, but at the end of the day Marco clearly retains distinctive traits from the Hou-ou and it fits the pattern among mythical zoans.

Time (plants ageing etc. - it still works)
Here I agree. Hence why I mentioned Genbu as a candidate to devil fruit if the admiral has a zoan, because it symbolizes time in every possible way.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
1)
Last admiral trio was all logia.
Current admiral trio will represent all 3 types of Devil Fruit (Logia, Paramecia, Zoan)

2)
We already have Light and Gravity for admirals so next one seems pretty obvious to be Time, since Oda is probably trying to reference
Einstein's Theory of General Relativity

Having plant power with admirals who have light and gravity powers would be so random

3)
Time is represented by color green and Ryokugyu's color is green.
That would match current admiral scheme:

Kizaru- Light
Fujitora - Gravity
Ryokugyu - Time

4)
I predict his motto will be - "Divine Justice"
His powers will reference God
Green color sometimes is associated with faith

And this might also explain why he hasn't eaten 3 years. Ryokugyu is just fasting.
Religious people are often fasting (few days to few weeks) and Ryokugyu is just taking that to the extreme (3 years), probably with the help of his powers.

Kizaru- Indecisive Justice
Fujitora- Blind Justice
Ryokugyu- Divine Justice

5)
His fruit will probably be:
Mythical zoan- Human Human fruit Model: Chronos

Basically a God that can control time. It could be any time God but I only remember Chronos, and he has bull's head.

TL;DR
Kizaru- Logia - Light
Fujitora - Paramecia - Gravity
Ryokugyu - Mythical Zoan - Time
Yes, my thought exactly. Because i use Doctor Strange as reference. And green most likely symbolize time

The admiral's name symbolize his power and his personalities. Like Akainu (Red Dog) = Red (Magma), Dog (aggressive, easier to get angry) and so on.

This case Green bull is Green (Time) and Bull (Aggresive, etc). And this case i think "Bull" might symbolize how his fighting style would be rushing like bull.

And i found this interesting because Oden has fighting style which is rushing to their enemy like Bull *or its because he is swordsman

This is just my theory, because Oda keep hiding Greenbull's face. So it might be greenbull is someone we know. But, i hope its whole new character. Because keeping Oden's dead will making plot better. *he in the flashback, so he better be dead

Last edited:
I dont think oda would learn physics that deep, but it would be sick if green bull could control time. If you guys watch DBS, you must know a character named Hit. He could control time called time-skip. He literally freezes time and he is the only one who can move (eventho only 0.1 seconds iirc). For top tiers even 0.1 seconds is enough to make differences so green bull would be OP af if he has that kind of ability in OPverse.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
@MarineHQ62 @Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @silverfire @King7

If Greenbull truly has time powers, I expect him to have something similar like Julius from Black Clover:
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/a6ra6x
Btw. Future Sight is already an existing power-up in OP and thus, it's a given that Greenbull has FS as well (if he has time powers), maybe even massively dwarfing Luffy's and Katakuri's.
Ngl, he'd be the GOAT. Top 2 immediately baby. :steef:

This could have been a valid point decades ago, but not today. Nowadays Japanese pop culture has virtually merged those two creatures into one and you have many examples of Hou-ous which gained attributes of the Greek phoenix, like Marco himself. Basically, the phoenix is the most globalized monster (to the point of losing its original identity) and, therefore, a very bad example to support your position. Oda has just followed this tendency and so has stressed the fiery and regenerative properties, but at the end of the day Marco clearly retains distinctive traits from the Hou-ou and it fits the pattern among mythical zoans.

Here I agree. Hence why I mentioned Genbu as a candidate to devil fruit if the admiral has a zoan, because it symbolizes time in every possible way.
Genbu is an excellent shout in fairness especially due to its ties to the story Journey To The West, for which Oda based the Admiral code names AND story introduction order

As for Phoenix - its origin is Greek. A lot of people confuse Phoenix with other fire birds which are a very common explanation for fire/the sun etc. in mythology globally. There is only one phoenix. There are no words without Greco-Roman origin that describe the animal.

That being said i can see why you think it is globalised because there's lots of similar animals in mythology. Namely Fenghuang, Simurgh, Liver Bird, Zhuque, Bennu, Blbul Hzaran, Zhar-Ptitsa etc. - Phoenix is never mentioned in scripture outside the Greco-Roman world until the Biblical texts were widely distributed into the middle-east - which was around the 5th century when the Roman Empire started experiencing significant territorial shrinkage. It doesn't even reach east asia until the British started trading with China in the mid 1700s.

It is a very popular image, but one which is often confused.

@MarineHQ62 @Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @silverfire @King7

If Greenbull truly has time powers, I expect him to have something similar like Julius from Black Clover:
https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/a6ra6x
Btw. Future Sight is already an existing power-up in OP and thus, it's a given that Greenbull has FS as well (if he has time powers), maybe even massively dwarfing Luffy's and Katakuri's.
I don't know why i couldn't open Reddit . it's like that sometimes , but at least i skimmed his OBD/VSBattles pages

i'd like Ryokugyu to have a Time DF , but the 4 previous Admirals have been really associated with large scale destructive attacks , and attacks from a Time DF wouldn't be destructive .... right ( tho , it can be argued that Aokiji isn't really destructive )

i feel like it's more likely Ryokugyu has a Mythical Zoan related to Plant that allowed him to transform into a tree giant , and generate a lot of woods in short time ( like Hashirama )

plant's photosynthesis also could explain to why Ryokugyu hasn't eaten for 3 years

if not that , then a Nuclear/Radiation DF Paramecia . it will be really destructive and flashy . also i once read that people who've undergo treatment with radiation have problem with eating

so that will be the explanation to why Ryokugyu hasn't eaten for 3 years , if his DF is indeed Nuclear/Radiation DF .

but that means he has 3 years Stamina and Endurance . which compleyely dwarfs Aokiji's and Akainu's 10 days feat . this isn't likely to happen imo , i don't think anyone in OP can dwarf Aokiji's and Akainu's feat like that , unless Oda gives Ryokugyu some technique to survive not eating for 3 years

So for me a Mythical Zoan Plant DF is the most likely . but i'm not ruling out the possibility that he has a Time Paramecia DF , or Nuclear/Radiation Paramecia DF

Genbu is an excellent shout in fairness especially due to its ties to the story Journey To The West, for which Oda based the Admiral code names AND story introduction order

As for Phoenix - its origin is Greek. A lot of people confuse Phoenix with other fire birds which are a very common explanation for fire/the sun etc. in mythology globally. There is only one phoenix. There are no words without Greco-Roman origin that describe the animal.

That being said i can see why you think it is globalised because there's lots of similar animals in mythology. Namely Fenghuang, Simurgh, Liver Bird, Zhuque, Bennu, Blbul Hzaran, Zhar-Ptitsa etc. - Phoenix is never mentioned in scripture outside the Greco-Roman world until the Biblical texts were widely distributed into the middle-east - which was around the 5th century when the Roman Empire started experiencing significant territorial shrinkage. It doesn't even reach east asia until the British started trading with China in the mid 1700s.

It is a very popular image, but one which is often confused.
There's only one phoenix, I agree, but I'm speaking of how Japanese pop culture has ultimately diluted the original attributes of the Hou-ou. Thinking of the two best known examples, we have Ho-Oh (Pokémon) and Hououmon (Digimon), the latter called Phoenixmon in some translations, which in spite of being clearly based on the "Japanese phoenix" as known nowadays they do share traits from the Western phoenix: they both have regenerative, coming-back-from-death properties (Ho-Oh has the ability Regenerator and Hououmon is one of the very few digimon who can digivolve from dying in Digimon World, which is, a digimon can reborn as a Hououmon after losing one life); and they both had their fire properties stressed. I'm using "stressed" here because some symbolism dictionaries do give the Fenghuang and Hou-ou life and fire-related properties, but not in the same degree as the Greek phoenix.

In a similar way, Marco's devil fruit is arguably a modern Hou-ou, which is, a Hou-ou that shares some attributes from the Western phoenix. The distinctive tail, the color scheme, its role as a rooster/pheasant in a Color Spread (which are animals related to the Hou-ou)... are some details that put him apart from the classic, Greek phoenix and follow the globalization suffered by this monster I was talking about. Which is why I think the only non-Eastern mythical creatures that could make it as a zoan would be those which have been culturally merged with their "Asian parallel", like the phoenix.

By the way, seeing that this may have been misunderstood, when I speak of globalization I don't mean that there are a lot of birds in different mythologies that could be confused as the phoenix, but the actual merging between the Greek phoenix and the Chinese Fenghuang/Japanese Hou-ou that has occurred in modern Eastern works in the last decades.

Last edited: