Versus Battle Guts vs Middle Earth (LOTR)

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Guts and Puck make a trip in middle earth and have to face numerous enemies. (MOVIE feats only)

He will have to face first : the Nazgul at Wheathertrop :

Then the Moria water guardian : (the fight begins at 1m30 )

Then the Balrog : (the second part of the fight resume at 3m50)

Sauron in physical form and in a H2H : (the fight begin at 3m20)

Smaug in the treasure room :

And the mightiest enemy of all : THE RING : Can Guts resist his power ? Can Guts be strong enough to nt succumb to the power of the one ?

Can Guts beat them all ?

Tags : @Admiral Lee Hung @Dark Admiral @PuckTheGreat @Cherry Hilk @NeutralWatcher @Haoshoku and other Berserk fans or LOTR fans

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Non-Berserker Armor Guts rampages through everyone weaker than Durin’s Bane and Smaug with relative ease.

The Nazgul outside of the films are actually pretty powerful, in the “Shadow” series for example, one Nazgul level opponent is more dangerous than even the strongest fighting Urukai (in the films these would be Saruman’s “White Hand” Urukai and Azog the Defiler). All of whom, Guts splits in two without much trouble. His 400 lbs Dragon Slayer that he wields with ease and ferocity would utterly decimate even the strongest Ologhai weaponry. Not to mention, Dragonslayer also has the ability to slay Astral Beings due to it being bathed in the blood of demons and other spirits, meaning Guts may just actually be able to slay the Nazgul permanently (though I highly doubt this).

The Watcher in the Water AKA the Moria Guardian, is straight fodder who Guts would also slay quite easily. Guys has consistently slain multiple creatures in succession that are bigger and quite frankly more dangerous than the Watcher such as the Trolls and the Elephant Monsters of the Kushan Army.

If the Nazgul and the Watcher teamed up on Guts in a 10v1 scenario, and Guts did not have the Berserker Armor, he would still one shot each and every one of them. That’s how Ill-prepared for Guts middle earth is lol.

Now.

As for Durin’s Bane and Smaug, I think we actually have reached opponents who are too much for even Berserker Armor Guts. The main problem for Guts is the Fire, both Smaug and the Balrog can incinerate him with their fire based attacks, though I think Guts is capable of contending with the Balrog in a contest of raw strength. Not Smaug though.

If Smaug and Durin’s Bane were just animals with low intelligence, I actually think Berserker Armor Guts would be able to slay them both, but unfortunately both Durin’s Bane and Smaug are thousands of years old (right?) and possess levels of intelligence above most humans.

So Guts stomps the Nazgul and the Watcher, loses mid/high diff to Durin’s Bane and Smaug.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Non-Berserker Armor Guts rampages through everyone weaker than Durin’s Bane and Smaug with relative ease.

The Nazgul outside of the films are actually pretty powerful, in the “Shadow” series for example, one Nazgul level opponent is more dangerous than even the strongest fighting Urukai (in the films these would be Saruman’s “White Hand” Urukai and Azog the Defiler). All of whom, Guts splits in two without much trouble. His 400 lbs Dragon Slayer that he wields with ease and ferocity would utterly decimate even the strongest Ologhai weaponry. Not to mention, Dragonslayer also has the ability to slay Astral Beings due to it being bathed in the blood of demons and other spirits, meaning Guts may just actually be able to slay the Nazgul permanently (though I highly doubt this).

The Watcher in the Water AKA the Moria Guardian, is straight fodder who Guts would also slay quite easily. Guys has consistently slain multiple creatures in succession that are bigger and quite frankly more dangerous than the Watcher such as the Trolls and the Elephant Monsters of the Kushan Army.

If the Nazgul and the Watcher teamed up on Guts in a 10v1 scenario, and Guts did not have the Berserker Armor, he would still one shot each and every one of them. That’s how Ill-prepared for Guts middle earth is lol.

Now.

As for Durin’s Bane and Smaug, I think we actually have reached opponents who are too much for even Berserker Armor Guts. The main problem for Guts is the Fire, both Smaug and the Balrog can incinerate him with their fire based attacks, though I think Guts is capable of contending with the Balrog in a contest of raw strength. Not Smaug though.

If Smaug and Durin’s Bane were just animals with low intelligence, I actually think Berserker Armor Guts would be able to slay them both, but unfortunately both Durin’s Bane and Smaug are thousands of years old (right?) and possess levels of intelligence above most humans.

So Guts stomps the Nazgul and the Watcher, loses mid/high diff to Durin’s Bane and Smaug.
And what do you think about physical form Sauron ? Only in CQC Sauron cannot use his other powers

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Physical form Sauron gets trolled Going by the movies lol. By the Shadow series, pretty much the same, he’s just a big slow brute without spectacular fighting ability.

Give him his magic though and Guts gets negged.
Yes the speed can be a problem but I think that if Sauron lands a hit or clash with Guts he will feel it hard.

About the ring I think Guts anger and history and rage can corrupt him. His will to kill Griffith can lead him to think that the ring will give him power.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Movie feats only? Guts probably beats most "mortal" opponents. Aragorn and Legolas in the books would probably be good adversaries, but they aren't as strong in the films. The Nazgul inspire unreal dread and fear in the hearts of men, so I'm not sure how Guts counters that. Aragorn can, because of his lineage as a Numenorean.

Movie Sarumon has shown a bit of his "voice", his ability to hypnotize anyone with his raw voice and compel them. But beyond that, he hasn't done much but is superior to Gandalf the Grey, who could beat the Balrog of Moria.

So, Gandalf, Sarumon, Sauron, Durin's Bane, and the like on those. Shelob is an inbetweener.

Durin's Bane is a maia, a being that is tied with being the oldest in creation with the likes of Sauron, Gandalf, Sarumon, all the Valar and other maia (gods of lesser and greater orders). IIRC, Tolkien Fanatics have calc'd the age of the physical world as 33,000 years old. So, Durin's Bane is quite old and intelligent. Smaug likewise is a being of the first age, putting him at least at 5,000 years old. Likely at least a couple thousand more.

Even the Balrog ?

And do you think he can resist the ring power ?
Balrog is pretty comparable to high-level Apostles like Zodd, but probably closer to guys like Irvine, Grunbeld etc. I reckon Guts pulling out all stops can defeat them, but only 1v1 and extreme diff.

If this is a gauntlet then Guts falls at this hurdle, but if not, he can do everything except defeat Sauron. The whole point of his character is he is immune to temptation (e.g. Behelits) because he knows the destruction it brings in its wake so I dont think the ring would ever be a problem - he's probably the only character I can think of in fiction (besides LOTR deitys) right now who would without doubt resist it

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I dont think the ring would ever be a problem - he's probably the only character I can think of in fiction (besides LOTR deitys) right now who would without doubt resist it
If Guts has to travel a long time with it the burden of the ring will be hard to resist. For me his hatred toward Griffith can maybe lead him to use the ring to have more power. Guts rage toward Griffith is real and intense, and the "beast" inside him can push him too far.

Like Gandalf said, if he ever used it, he would use it thinking of doing good things but he will ultimately be corrupted by it.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
He can do all of this except face physical form Sauron
The physical form of Sauron is weaker than Durin's Bane and Smaug by, a lot actually lol. Sauron's main threat level comes from the fact that he is a god tier sorcerer and can shapeshift.

Or were you factoring in Sauron's magic into the matchup? If so, I agree, it would sort of be like Guts vs a Godhand lol.

The physical form of Sauron is weaker than Durin's Bane and Smaug by, a lot actually lol. Sauron's main threat level comes from the fact that he is a god tier sorcerer and can shapeshift.

Or were you factoring in Sauron's magic into the matchup? If so, I agree, it would sort of be like Guts vs a Godhand lol.
I factored magic into the match up
The way I see it, Durins Bane appears to me as a low-mid Apostle tier fighter with Smaug being stronger than any Apostle we've seen bar Ganishka

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I factored magic into the match up
The way I see it, Durins Bane appears to me as a low-mid Apostle tier fighter with Smaug being stronger than any Apostle we've seen bar Ganishka
You think Durin’s Bane is only a week apostle? I think he’d be Grunbeld level at minimum, he fought Gandalf for 7 days straight and Gandalf died from his injuries afterward, I don’t think anyone bar the strongest apostles even stand a chance at doing that

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Durin’s Bane posed its greatest threat when casting spells against Gandalf, not physically. And Sauron of the second age / War of the Last Alliance > Morgoth of the end of the first according to Tolkien’s letters. You don’t fight and kill Gil Galad and Erendiel without extreme competence in physical combat. Well above Durin’s Bane.

Durin’s Bane > Smaug anyways too. One is a powerful maia and the other a lesser dragon.