Versus Battle Gyou'un vs Gakuhakukou

Who wins?

• Total voters
What exactly is the difference between the two Gyou'un options? Cause I don't recall Gyou'un being noted as being noticeably weaker for any reason.

Even if there is a difference, a "Prime Gyou'un" would be a purely hypothetical character since we never saw past Gyou'un actually do anything.

Anyway, my money is on Gyou'un more often than not.

Gyou’Un told Shin that the strength of his blows was half of what it was in his youth lol. Towards the end of their duel iirc.

Granted this is likely exaggeration but he did seem to consider himself weaker.
Not really. Gyou'un questioned whether his strength had halved, he did not make a statement that it had undoubtedly halved.
I think this scene is all part of Gyou'un's initial underestimation of the new generation of Qin Generals and of his habit of living in the past.

Gyou'un wins both rounds for sure. He slapped Shin around during their first fight, being better in speed, power and martial skill. Shin was on another level to Gakuhaku in term of raw power, he was just uncomfortable to fight due to mixing up his style very well.

Second round is a straight clap.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Shin was on another level to Gakuhaku in term of raw power
Where on earth are y’all getting this from lol? Gakuhaku Kou was sending dozens of horses flying through the air, and was absolutely brutalizing Shin in terms of power. Literally Gakuhaku Kou was superior to Shin in absolutely every single way as a warrior.

Gakuhaku Kou was sending Shin flying on multiple occasions, not once did Shin even make him budge. There were multiple occasions where Gyou’Un and Shin were overpowering each other in terms of raw power, but not once did Shin overpower Gakuhaku Kou.

Gakuhaku Kou was so fast that he was literally Ton Ton dancing around Shin’s Glaive. Gyou’Un and Shin were comparable in speed (though Gyou’Un was faster), Gakuhaku Kou was straight up dwarfing Shin in speed and dancing around his attacks. Even sword Shin was getting mercilessly pounded by Gakuhaku Mou’s punches and kicks which were breaking his armor and consistently flooring him.

Did we read the same fight lol? Gakuhaku Kou was majorly superior to Shin, Gyou’Un was only slightly superior to him.

Where on earth are y’all getting this from lol? Gakuhaku Kou was sending dozens of horses flying through the air, and was absolutely brutalizing Shin in terms of power. Literally Gakuhaku Kou was superior to Shin in absolutely every single way as a warrior.

Gakuhaku Kou was sending Shin flying on multiple occasions, not once did Shin even make him budge. There were multiple occasions where Gyou’Un and Shin were overpowering each other in terms of raw power, but not once did Shin overpower Gakuhaku Kou.

Gakuhaku Kou was so fast that he was literally Ton Ton dancing around Shin’s Glaive. Gyou’Un and Shin were comparable in speed (though Gyou’Un was faster), Gakuhaku Kou was straight up dwarfing Shin in speed and dancing around his attacks. Even sword Shin was getting mercilessly pounded by Gakuhaku Mou’s punches and kicks which were breaking his armor and consistently flooring him.

Did we read the same fight lol? Gakuhaku Kou was majorly superior to Shin, Gyou’Un was only slightly superior to him.
I think one thing that needs to kept in mind is that Gyou'un only ever fought while mounted on horseback while we only ever saw Gakuhaku fight on foot.

It kinda makes comparing them directly a bit weird.

In a dismounted fight, I am not really seeing how Gyou'un can deal with Haku's discount Ton Tan Dance.

Come to think of it, considering Haku can simply behead horses with ease, can Gyou'un on horseback actually do anything about dismounted Haku's dance moves?

Damn, I think I just talked myself out of thinking that a Gyou'un victory is possible. :catsweat:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I think one thing that needs to kept in mind is that Gyou'un only ever fought while mounted on horseback while we only ever saw Gakuhaku fight on foot.

It kinda makes comparing them directly a bit weird.

In a dismounted fight, I am not really seeing how Gyou'un can deal with Haku's discount Ton Tan Dance.

Come to think of it, considering Haku can simply behead horses with ease, can Gyou'un on horseback actually do anything about dismounted Haku's dance moves?

Damn, I think I just talked myself out of thinking that a Gyou'un victory is possible. :catsweat:
Gyou’Un was faster than Shin while mounted but still, mounted or dismounted Gyou’Un is not as fast as Gakuhaku Kou. Nor does he have Gakuhaku Kou’s level of raw power, nor does he have Gakuhaku Kou’s level of fighting skill.

The only argument you can make for Gyou’Un is that he has the weight of a GG and Gakuhaku Kou doesn’t seem to have that, but with every other imaginable disadvantage Gyou’Un is not beating GHK. Prime Gyou’Un might not even beat him but I don’t care to argue a version of Gyou’Un we have never seen lol.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
First if they fight on horses I pity the poor lad who will have to carry that huge man and his huge weapon.

Mobility wise I don't think GKHK can really give his best on horses. His style is a lot on dodging and dancing and mounted it will be a lot more difficult to swing and dodge especially against someone who is used to to that. And he cant really kick and punch while on horses.

So on horses I give the win to Gyou'un without too much thinking.

On foot it will be a lot closer : Gyou'un will only use a glaive, we never saw him using anything else so lets say he will keep his glaive to fight.

GKHK with his martial art can parry Shin glaive with ease and also with his mobility can land a lot of hits and send SHin back. GKHK hits are strong but Shin still managed to block them. It means they werent overwhelmingly strong either.

But 2 things : if Gyou'un keeps using his glaive, GKHK won't be able to switch with his swords. It is really ill advised for him to do that because he won't be able to block Gyou'un heavy glaive only with a sword (and we saw how it ended in the last chap if he tried to block glaive with a sword). And if GKHK keeps his huge boulder/mace he wouldn't be able to use his kicks and punchs. The boulder is likely too heavy to do both and even if some times we saw GKHK carrying the boulder with one hand, he mainly needed his two hands to hit Shin with blows or parry.

So Gyou'un will have a really hard time landing a hit on GKHK and will have to parry strong blows. But if Shin has the strength and skills to to it Gyou'un can at least do it either.

Other thing : Shin said that the glaive was too heavy to handle GKHK speed. Shin is really really strong physically. But Gyou'un was fighting with his glaive all his life, is 100% used to it, its weight etc, and I think in sheer power he can have a little edge over Shin. Gyou'un is also really skilled. So i think he can keep up a bit better than Shin against the boulder. And Gyou'un has weight. Shin against GKHK was a bit angry but wasn't enraged or really riled up. We saw Shin giving harder hits than that in the past. Gyou'un blows will be heavy.

And frankly portrayal wise Gyou'un seemed to be prime choice of vassals under a better GG and his presence and fights were more impressive than GKHK.

I give him the fight even on foot but he will sweat and will need to give his A game.