Who wins, Grindelwald or Voldemort

• Grindelwald

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Voldemort

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I imagine that here none of them have the Elder wand nor Horcruxes.

Voldy was said to be the most powerful dark wizard multiple times. And given whatever pieces we had he was. So just magic wise I think Tom has it, he went pretty far into the dark side and his natural talent was off the charts too.

But Tom has numerous shortcoming character wise : he is prompt to anger, he like to monologue, talk too much, he can also underestimate his opponents. I think Grindy has a more collected personality from what we saw and read. So maybe if he managed to pressure Voldy enough he can turn the table by making Tom mad or making Tom afraid to die.

So if Tom is collected he wins this in a very hard duel because Grindy is really not far power wise but if Voldy has a tantrum or becomes arrogant Grindy can have it.

Grindelwald took Dumbledore to extreme diff. Dumbledore even admits he was only a shy more skillful than Grindelwald.

An old Dumbledore without intent to kill beat Voldemort in a duel.

So imo Grindelwald beats him. By Dumbledore's own admission the difference between then was very small. The difference between Voldemort and Dumbledore however is depicted as bigger.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Grindelwald took Dumbledore to extreme diff. Dumbledore even admits he was only a shy more skillful than Grindelwald.

An old Dumbledore without intent to kill beat Voldemort in a duel.

So imo Grindelwald beats him. By Dumbledore's own admission the difference between then was very small. The difference between Voldemort and Dumbledore however is depicted as bigger.
You're right Dumby didn't try to kill Voldy but Dumby had the Elder wand. And if I remember well Fumseck had to eat an avada

I imagine that here none of them have the Elder wand nor Horcruxes.
The most thing with impressiv me a lot was how casually Grindelwald was using a spell who was capable to destroy Paris and how much aurors get take out by it. It take Nicolas flamel and other strong fighters to match up his spell, Nicolas flamel and many aurors would be a dangerous threat for Voldemort, overall he fear a battle with Dumbledore even though Dumble was far away from his prime power.

About Dumbledore vs Voldemort, one side has good arguments, Dumbledore didn´t try to kill him and even less then his prime he was able to pummel Voldemort who leave the battlefield because of fear. Also their is a speculation that Dumbledore couldn´t and didn´t want to kill Volde because he know about the Horcruxes. Other side has also a good point with saying Dumbledore had the Elder wand with make Dumbledore far stronger.

Overall Dumbledore was out of his prime(probably even with the Elder Wand he wasn´t strong as his prime version who take out a wizard who also had the elder wand), he protect Harry during the battle because Voldemort target Harry multipletimes and he didn´t want kill Voldemort. In that case we can agree that Voldemort would get beat down even by the older Dumbledore.

The case is that the prime Dumbledore who be said beeing far stronger by Dumbledore himself, take out the strongest wizard+elder wand with make it clear that Dumbledore in prime was a monster. His duell with Grindelwald was said to the most best battle in the history of the Wizard which take three full hours.

For now something telling me that Grindelwald would take this battle, Voldemort make too much mistakes(use always the dumb curse spell who never work against Harry rather then using a another strong spell) and his tactic as wizard wasn´t also great, everytime when we see him in a duell he was outclassed by either Harry or Dumbledore while Grindelwald is a extrem good wizard who can control his feeling and have a great skillmove, he stay always calm down while Voldemort lose complete the focus because of the anger in him. Because that I see Grindelwald little above him, however probably the next movie answer more for Grindelwald feats.

Rayan you though for the most 10 strongest wizard in Harry potter verse?

You're right Dumby didn't try to kill Voldy but Dumby had the Elder wand. And if I remember well Fumseck had to eat an avada
I don’t think the elder wand is that much of a boost. Dumbledore says he was only a shade more skillful than Grindelwald. if the boost was that big then I doubt Dumbledore would have won.

it was stated that the duel with Voldemort shook Dumbledore as his reflexes were getting slower. So we must also remember this was old Dumbledore. Yes Fawkes ate a killing curse but that’s part of Dumbledore’s tools.

F

Fallen Prince

Voldemort hands down. He was not only able to fight dumbledore toe to toe but also was skilled in his dark arts.

Grindelwald is strong but not on level as Voldy purly because his duelling skills were not on par with dumbledore and he had to resort to get r
Elders wand to dominate europe it tells you he was not feared just like Tom riddle.

Personally voldemort is way too powerful also he is great dueller .

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Grindewald and Dumbledore stomps and shits to Voldermort's mouth.

Grindewald Low diffs this amateur.

Book versions of Dumbledore and Grindewald are too OP.

Grindewald took Dumbledore ( with no Black wand yet ) to High diff.

Voldermort without Horcruxes is even more pussy than with them.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The most thing with impressiv me a lot was how casually Grindelwald was using a spell who was capable to destroy Paris and how much aurors get take out by it. It take Nicolas flamel and other strong fighters to match up his spell, Nicolas flamel and many aurors would be a dangerous threat for Voldemort, overall he fear a battle with Dumbledore even though Dumble was far away from his prime power.

About Dumbledore vs Voldemort, one side has good arguments, Dumbledore didn´t try to kill him and even less then his prime he was able to pummel Voldemort who leave the battlefield because of fear. Also their is a speculation that Dumbledore couldn´t and didn´t want to kill Volde because he know about the Horcruxes. Other side has also a good point with saying Dumbledore had the Elder wand with make Dumbledore far stronger.

Overall Dumbledore was out of his prime(probably even with the Elder Wand he wasn´t strong as his prime version who take out a wizard who also had the elder wand), he protect Harry during the battle because Voldemort target Harry multipletimes and he didn´t want kill Voldemort. In that case we can agree that Voldemort would get beat down even by the older Dumbledore.

The case is that the prime Dumbledore who be said beeing far stronger by Dumbledore himself, take out the strongest wizard+elder wand with make it clear that Dumbledore in prime was a monster. His duell with Grindelwald was said to the most best battle in the history of the Wizard which take three full hours.

For now something telling me that Grindelwald would take this battle, Voldemort make too much mistakes(use always the dumb curse spell who never work against Harry rather then using a another strong spell) and his tactic as wizard wasn´t also great, everytime when we see him in a duell he was outclassed by either Harry or Dumbledore while Grindelwald is a extrem good wizard who can control his feeling and have a great skillmove, he stay always calm down while Voldemort lose complete the focus because of the anger in him. Because that I see Grindelwald little above him, however probably the next movie answer more for Grindelwald feats.

Rayan you though for the most 10 strongest wizard in Harry potter verse?
In the end I agree that Grindy can take it because Tom personality is up and down, he can be really really smart or dumb, can be a perfect planer or be fooled, ban be collected and cunning or full rage and tantrum, is afraid of death like nobody else etc.

Grindy can use that to beat him but magic wise I have my doubt. Voldemort was always named as the strongest and he did things magic wise that nobody managed to do before him.

I really think that Tom had the best potential of all. He really ruined it.

And to be fair I also doubt that Dumby wanted to kill Grindy too during their fight. The guy was mad in love with him.

Grindy managed to cause havoc in all Europe but because Dumby didn't want to fight him directly. Voldy began with the hardest country where the big boys were : Britain. And Voldy was doomed by Harry because of some prophecy and special magic curse. Without Lily love who knows what Prime Voldy could have done.

About the 10 strongest in HP verses : I would only talk about the times we really know about so no founders or Merlin or some older goblin kings lol.

So about the 20 centuries wizards :

the top 3 is quite easy :

Dumby
Voldy
Grindy

Those three are clearly a level above everyone by head and shoulders and can tale multiple fighters at the same time after them in this top 10.

After them we have a group of very powerful guys but somewhat close to each other :

Snape/Bella/Alastor/Mcgo

Amelia Bones was also killed personally by Voldy and was not a pushover.

We also have the like of Sirius or Kingsley. James and Lily were said to be quite powerful too in their days.

Slughorn is not a weak wizard too : he fought Voldy with Mcgo and kingsley in the last book. He was beaten but this is already a good feat and even Lucius Malfoy said that Horace was a good wizard and the guy doesn't have the easy praising.

We also have Croupton Sr who was said to send powerful curses too.

There is also Flitwick who is a master duelist, clever and has a lot of knowledge.

But I think after the big three : Snape, Bella and Alastor are the best. Snape has an insane potential and was a gret duelist. Also knowledgeable in many magic fields. And he was young. Alastor is top auror and Bella managed to block one spell from Dumby, Voldy taught her some magic personally too.

After : Mcgo/Flitwick maybe Bones, maybe Sirius.

After : Slug, Croupton, Kingsley

but my rating is maybe not perfect and maybe I forgot a lot of characters.

Yes Fawkes ate a killing curse but that’s part of Dumbledore’s tools.
We can said the same about Nagini but she wasn't there.

F

Fallen Prince

Grindewald and Dumbledore stomps and shits to Voldermort's mouth.

Grindewald Low diffs this amateur.

Book versions of Dumbledore and Grindewald are too OP.

Grindewald took Dumbledore ( with no Black wand yet ) to High diff.

Voldermort without Horcruxes is even more pussy than with them.
Voldemort without horcrux took on mcgonagall , slughorn and kingsley .

Its because of harrys trace of sacrifice all of voldys kill was cancelled.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Voldemort without horcrux took on mcgonagall , slughorn and kingsley .

Its because of harrys trace of sacrifice all of voldys kill was cancelled.
It's my subjective opinion.

I read the books, watched the movies and all.
Grindelwald was the most fearsome wizard to ever live.
He couldn't even kill old and sick Dumbledore. ( Voldemort )*

I know it looks like I say that Dumbledore/Grindewald = god and Voldemort = trash.
No. I know how powerful Voldermort is but if you add every puzzle from the lore it is clear that the top 10 starts with Dumbledore and Grindewald and then Voldemort comes as 3rd and then the rest.

Have you read the books?

The portrayal is the key. People that produced HP didn't touch on Dumbledore's power too much.

The movie made it look like that the battle with Voldemort and Dumbledore was equal, but in the books it was Dumbledore who attack and bring Voldemort in trouble who flee after the encounter. Voldemort never want to fight with Dumbledore, he more make a tricky move and send his wizard mens against Dumbledore. In the book Voldemort was losing against Dumbledore who admit himself that he was out of prime and not strong as his prime version.

F

Fallen Prince

It's my subjective opinion.

Grindelwald was the most fearsome wizard to ever live.
He couldn't even kill old and sick Dumbledore.

I know it looks like I say that Dumbledore/Grindewald = god and Voldemort = trash.
No. I know how powerful Voldermort is but if you add every puzzle from the lore it is clear that the top 10 starts with Dumbledore and Grindewald and then Voldemort comes as 3rd and then the rest.

Have you read the books?

The portrayal is the key. People that produced HP didn't touch on Dumbledore's power too much.
I read the books its clearly stated voldemort was greatest dark wizard of all time.

Now Griendelwald did possess dark magic but in movies we have seen he got arrested by Aurors kn first movie . There are times it was shown he wanted to avoid dumbledore when he was recounting to harry that he was better than Griendelwald and that he only fought because prople were dying .

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The movie made it look like that the battle with Voldemort and Dumbledore was equal, but in the books it was Dumbledore who attack and bring Voldemort in trouble who flee after the encounter. Voldemort never want to fight with Dumbledore, he more make a tricky move and send his wizard mens against Dumbledore. In the book Voldemort was losing against Dumbledore who admit himself that he was out of prime and not strong as his prime version.
He never had balls to do it.

The battle between Dumbledore and Grindewald was the most unimaginable battle of the Wizards.

I wonder if Fantastic Beasts will deliver.

Yeah especially since Dumbledore was the only one he ever feared. Their chapter where they duel is literally "The only one he ever feared". In that chapter it's not like the movies that made Voldemort look a bit stronger or equal. It's described as Dumbledore having no fear and strolling like he was going for tea. All the while Voldemort was desperate. The only time Dumbledore even showed panic was when that idiot Harry tried to intervene. Like there was a clear portrayal of a class difference between the two imo. Whereas Dumbledore says Grindelwald was only a shade less skillful.

F

Fallen Prince

I think Griendelwald was powerful but he was able to attract people on his side because of Greater Good.

I mean movie tends to hype up the things but dumbledore has hinted enough that voldemort was far more dangerous wizard .

Remember he planned with barty crouch to lead harry to use portkey for his revival. Even on intelligence voldy was on same tier as Dumbledore.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yeah especially since Dumbledore was the only one he ever feared. Their chapter where they duel is literally "The only one he ever feared". In that chapter it's not like the movies that made Voldemort look a bit stronger or equal. It's described as Dumbledore having no fear and strolling like he was going for tea. All the while Voldemort was desperate. The only time Dumbledore even showed panic was when that idiot Harry tried to intervene. Like there was a clear portrayal of a class difference between the two imo. Whereas Dumbledore says Grindelwald was only a shade less skillful.
Let's hope Fantastic Beast will deliver the fight not the gay plot :/

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Voldemort was the only one ever who created 7 horcruxes, he was also the only one managing to fly without a broom (and taught that to Snape). Voldemort was said everytime to be the strongest every time. Darker and better than Grindy.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Voldemort was the only one ever who created 7 horcruxes, he was also the only one managing to fly without a broom (and taught that to Snape). Voldemort was said everytime to be the strongest every time. Darker and better than Grindy.
It's not about horcruxes imo.

Also @Fallen Prince
I don't remember correctly so correct me if wrong but Voldemort needed 14 years to conquer Europe while it took only 6 years for Grindewald.