Break Week .

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Wasn’t it implied that Hawkins had more dolls at the start of the fight, but Killer reduced it to one (Kid’s doll) by the next time we cut back to their fight
Yea I went back, it's not even implied its downright shown. I completely forgot about that scene.

Hawkins is truly an idiot I guess. Kidd shouldn't have been his last life, should have had a couple more to spare after Kidd, incase Kidd died fighting. Truly a moron.

Yea I went back, it's not even implied its downright shown. I completely forgot about that scene.

Hawkins is truly an idiot I guess. Kidd shouldn't have been his last life, should have had a couple more to spare after Kidd, incase Kidd died fighting. Truly a moron.
Hawkins was just pathetic in every way.

Killer vs Hawkins went more like how I’d expect a fight like Luffy vs Chopper to go, instead of Killer vs a fellow SN

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Hawkins was just pathetic in every way.

Killer vs Hawkins went more like how I’d expect a fight like Luffy vs Chopper to go, instead of Killer vs a fellow SN
Cool design, cool ability, cool demeanor, and I liked his approach to battle to always go with the safest options. But he's in the wrong series for a tactical character, Oda can't utilize an ability like his for shit.

He belongs in HxH or JJK.

Facts

What I want to know is how did Hawkins get down to only 1 doll left. Surely Killer wasn't attacking him with intent to kill, knowing all the damage was going to Kid. So was Hawkins doing it to himself? And why on Earth would Hawkins straight up say it was the last doll?

This whole situation is just weird. Like Oda was going to go somewhere with it, then changed his mind at the last minute and just wanted to finish the fight.

Cool design, cool ability, cool demeanor, and I liked his approach to battle to always go with the safest options. But he's in the wrong series for a tactical character, Oda can't utilize an ability like his for shit.

He belongs in HxH or JJK.

Facts
It’s dumb that we never got to see Hawkins’ The World card, which would presumably be his strongest tarot card. We only ended up seeing 4 of 22: The Fool, The Hierophant, Death, and The Tower. Killer vs Hawkins should have had 2 chapters worth of length. Oda dropped the ball in this arc by taking way too long with the setup and then rushing the fights to end the arc quicker. I think Oda should have cut the following from Wano:

Oda should have had a lot less characters in Wano. Remove unimportant, uninteresting filler characters like the Yakuza bosses, remove Ashura Doji, Kawamatsu, and Kiku as Scabbards. They ended up doing basically nothing, and what they did do could have been done by the other Scabbards. Oda could have written Denjiro doing everything that Ashura and Kawamatsu did during the past 20 years, and it would have made perfect sense. Kiku did nothing of value, and her only role in the story was seemingly to serve as fanservice for transgender readers or the extremely SJW types. The tedious O-Lin subplot could have been avoided by having BM wash up directly onto Onigashima (without getting amnesia), and then her and Kaido immediately start fighting and then form their alliance. The Scabbards should have stayed down for the rest of the arc after their beating so that Oda could reduce the amount of moving parts. The virus plot didn’t need to drag on for so long. And Oda could have just paced some of the important scenes a little better to prevent them from dragging on.

i still remembered when people told me that hawkins is flying-6 level.
yeah okay. that dude is weak and dumb af.
besides his hax DF, his AP and defensive are basically normal headliner level.

Once you have figured out his ability, he is done for.

1) hawkins even sits at the table with eustass to make alliance, so he saw eustass metal arm.

2) the cards being used to go against hawkins right when kamazo needed it is a huge Nerf for hawkins

3) giving headaches instead of idk, sword to heart, gun

4) doll was only 1 and exactly in the arm instead of leg or something
1) Hawkins couldn't tell if Kid's arm was surrounded in metal parts or if the arm was substituted by metal parts , the first guess is the most reasonable one
2) The whole thing about Hawkins power is that there is a element of randomness , he first drew a good card and then a bad one , make sense
3) If Hawkins stabbed himself he would have killed Kid and would have lost his last extra life allowing Killer to destroy him
4) Killer COO but still that could be a play on Hawkins percentage theme

I'm at the opposite, for me it's the best fight, for backstory, psychology and artistically since the fight between Katakuri and Luffy.

Hands down, the best in WA. If only Goda remembers more often what he's good at (telling stories of few interesting character with peculiar powers and personalities), One Piece would be way better, from the pure fighting standpoint

I want to add a thing: you have to observe carefully to appreciate, but Hawkins never lost it against an admiral and with 0% possibility to win, ice cold. Well. But 2 years after, under the oppressive wings of Kaido, he's shattered, shivering, he's been conquered and hysterically yells at Killer for his faith, his determination, stubbornness of fighting against all odds. There's a huge evolution of a character in few panels, I really enjoyed that thing. It's a pity we had 50+ chapter of japanese based characters characterization and depiction of their background and only a glimpse of what happened to the supernovas.

My man Oda has a huge talent but he can't find some equilibrium, sometimes too much, sometimes too little

Last edited:
Regarding headache instead of stabbing other things, it was explained in previous chapters why…

but as for other points, I agree, I wished Oda handled it differently, especially the cutting of arm and magically the doll is inside that arm

I wanted a more clever way

The only true thing that confuses me is why attacking the last doll actually hurt him. He was headbutting the wall and was fine prior, so why did cutting off Hawkins' arm cut it off for real?

But I guess what Oda is saying is thst Hawkins needs at least 1 replacement doll to mitigate the damage. That last doll will hurt him if it's devastating enough. Hence why the headbutt didn't, but cutting the arm off did.

What differences would it make? The other dolls he had that weren't kid were easily dealt with by killer.

What I want to know is how did Hawkins get down to only 1 doll left. Surely Killer wasn't attacking him with intent to kill, knowing all the damage was going to Kid. So was Hawkins doing it to himself? And why on Earth would Hawkins straight up say it was the last doll?

This whole situation is just weird. Like Oda was going to go somewhere with it, then changed his mind at the last minute and just wanted to finish the fight.
Killer managed to get 4 dolls (could be more but we seen 3 visible there plus 1 for the stomach stab). So before Hawkins start blackmailing him with Kid life, Killer was attacking Hawkins seriously for some times there.

The only true thing that confuses me is why attacking the last doll actually hurt him. He was headbutting the wall and was fine prior, so why did cutting off Hawkins' arm cut it off for real?

But I guess what Oda is saying is thst Hawkins needs at least 1 replacement doll to mitigate the damage. That last doll will hurt him if it's devastating enough. Hence why the headbutt didn't, but cutting the arm off did.
I think it has to be (sort of) fatal damage to work.

A subordinate of Kid, defeating a Captain hypes up Zoro killing Kaido. That ish is going to break the Internet :zosmug:
Post automatically merged:

Other than that Straw sword of his and his scarecrow monster thing, what does Hawkins have going for him?
From what we've seen, there's no way Killer would've lost to him and Hawkins taking his Captain as hostage shows that he knew that too
Post automatically merged:

That last Straw doll was for Kid, the others must've been for other people. We've seen Hawkins take Wano citizens as his dolls when he was fighting Zoro.

Last edited:

I imagine he had reached his limit so the last doll should represent his actual body 🤔

Though I imagine the connection with the sword is decisive.

Kid doesn't have the arm that was cut off so the damage couldn't be transferred.