Powers & Abilities Here’s what makes a COC a COC user, and also what makes a swordsman a swordsman.

:crazwhat:Woah it's almost as if Oda is the author of the story :crazwhat:
Big Mom isn’t a swordsman because Oda doesn’t think she’s a swordsman.

Using a sword =/= you’re a swordsman.
Oda thinking you’re a swordsman makes you a swordsman.

that’s the point of this thread

All these retarded threads about what makes someone a COC user or what makes someone aswordsman are ridiculous

Big Mom isn’t a swordsman because Oda doesn’t think she’s a swordsman.

Using a sword =/= you’re a swordsman.
Oda thinking you’re a swordsman makes you a swordsman.

that’s the point of this thread

All these retarded threads about what makes someone a COC user or what makes someone aswordsman are ridiculous
But Oda said he wrote those comments as Usopp so it's actually if Usopp thinks you're a swordsman :usosmug:

True
Post automatically merged:

I believe its domeone who trains in swordsmanship not a fighter who just uses it like king shanks roger whitebeard
I feel like Mihawk and Shanks being former rivals indicates that Shanks is a legit swordsman tho
Like why would Mihawk want to duel him otherwise
Unless you wanna argue that Shanks gave up "proper" swordsmanship after he lost his arm, but there's no real way to prove that so idk

Zolo

Cope Doctor
I feel like Mihawk and Shanks being former rivals indicates that Shanks is a legit swordsman tho
Like why would Mihawk want to duel him otherwise
Unless you wanna argue that Shanks gave up "proper" swordsmanship after he lost his arm, but there's no real way to prove that so idk
Being rivals doesnt equal both being seordsman... like Sanji and Zoro etc

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Nah but Zoro/Sanji aren't rivals in the sense that they compete in something specific against each other. They're rivals as in like...they don't get along so they have "dick measuring contests" with each other lol

Mihawk and Shanks apparently engaged in legit duels which is very, very different
Lol what specific thing they fought for?

:suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh: That was expected , good one... now show me where it was stated so other than your headcanon?
You can't be serious right now :lawsigh:

Ok, here is the VC on Mihawk:

"He looks forward to the day a swordsmaster will emerge to surpass even his rival, Red-Haired Shanks"

Dictionary definition of a rival:

ri·val
/ˈrīvəl/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

He had a DUEL with his RIVAL SHANKS, where a rival is defined as "a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity"

Do I really have to spell it out more? "Headcanon" jesus christ

What god damn field did they compete in if not swordsmanship? Archery??? WTF

True
Post automatically merged:

I believe its domeone who trains in swordsmanship not a fighter who just uses it like king shanks roger whitebeard
Shanks and Roger are nothing like WB and King. Shanks specifically, with his one armed, no DF self.

Anyway, Oda considers Shanks and Roger a SM. But not the same for other two.

Oda also states Mihawk is waiting for someone stronger than Shanks to surpass him.