Questions & Mysteries Higurashi - When They Cry Vs Higurashi 2020 - Which Anime Did Shions Arc better?

which did shion arc better?

• Total voters

On one hand, Gou has better art and animation. Also, the VA is better; hence the latter scene being more impactful in Gou.

Also, Gou gives us a take on how things would've gone if keiichi gave shin the doll
However, after this my compliments for Gou stops. I believe the original did shion arc better because of 4 reasons.

1. The original developed renas character.

In the OG, Rena wasn't just some batshit yandere, She's actually intelligent and kind to her friends. She scolded keiichi for distrusting his friends, and had the confidence to confront shion. Also, she dumped on ooishi questionable tactics; revealing her sense of justice and how much she cares for her friends. In Gou, Rena is just a yandere in one arc, and non-existent for shions arc.

Speaking of ooishi, the OG revealed more of his nasty side to his character. He’s willing to stoop so low to put a kid in danger to solve a case. While in Gou; he's just this suspicious old man who pops up time to time to interrogate keiichi.

Also, I loved how batshit insane shion went in the OG. Her character was more interesting being possessed by the demon. We got to witness shions horrific actions, and we got to see how terrifyingly genius shion is. She took out her family, deceived her friends, and killed everyone she wanted to kill. In Gou, Shion was really mellowed out because keiichi gave her the doll. She didn't really do anything at all. All she did was trap keiichi in a cell and got killed off screen. Maybe she killed satako and reka? However, I doubt it, I'm positive it was miyos goons.

2. The Sound design is better in Gou, but I feel like the OG had a more eerie ost. Rewatching some episodes, there is a lot of terrifying sound effects that play during suspenseful moments. The OG has this gunshot type of sound that can catch you off guard if you’re not anticipating it. It really meshes well with a horror anime. Also, the openings and ending are better than Gous op and ending imo.

3. The OG builds tension and suspense better than Gou. In the OG, the characters felt terrifying and I was on the edge of my seat, trying to figure out the mystery of the deaths. In Gou, the shion arc was just nonstop build up for an anti-climactic ending. We didn’t get to witness the other characters interactions with shion; especially her relationship with mion, which is crucial to her arc. We didn't get to see what shion was planning.
Maybe all of this will play off in the end? Maybe the author Is building up towards some grand revelation that could shake the core of this show. Who knows, but I can definitely say OG did shions arc better. I also think the OG did renas first arc better but that’s old news now lol.
Which version do ya’ll prefer and why? Let me know!