Private Homicidal Inheritance

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The wind blew in my face as the ship swayed gently beneath me. All around me people were springing into action so the ship could get tethered to the landing stage. There wasn't much shouting going on, this was a very simple affair. I barely cared to look around me as my weary form slumped over the railing, but even I could see the excitement in their eyes over finally coming home after a long voyage.

I'm so tired.. Too many years with death and destruction, I'm so sick of it.

The ship had finally stopped and as people started to get off, I could hear cheering coming from the island, looking up I could see a flock of people standing outside their houses waving and cheering until their lungs started to go hoarse. The genuine smiles from the crew would have been infectius if I wasn't in such a slump.

When it finally was my turn I almost staggered off the ship. My head down and my back hunched, but since I'm unusually tall I couldn't actually hide since my head towered over most men. My first impression of this place was that it seemed so peaceful, the people around me looked properly clothed and well fed, I could not notice any hidden bloodlust.

There were no cheers that were directed at myself of course, I was an outsider in this place, and nobody knew me nor trusted me. Even on the ship I had kept to myself so the crew didn't know what to make of me. The one bright side to this was that hopefully my bloody reputation hadn't made it this far either.

I certainly hoped so.. Because I had recently inherited the whole damn island.

@Dream

On an island further, *cough* much further, an island that was just a huge building with a port with marine ships stationed. It was just your usual every day but some fresh report just came. It wasn't usual, the source of these reports was seen typically more or less correct. However since the war and the incident at Grondilier and Brackendia that recently came about the network met a stumbling block of a road bump. Information became corrupt, but the report containing the information was unusual. It wasn't just reported by one or two, but a majority.

The report specified on a member of Swan Pirates, it wasn't indicating that the report was of the captain, the giant, or the red baron. But the one missing from the above three mentioned but the swordsman.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, a nose twitched as the allure of chicken crept and became inhaled following a lick of lips from one side of the mouth to the other. His meal was in the microwave as he pushed himself up, walked towards the microwave, and took the chicken to the table before he dug in face first.

Just as he did so a light flashed on revealing it was a mink with a marine soldier arriving "Sir, it's him. It's a Swan" which would be met with a stomach grumble. "I'm hungry, a dog doesn't go to war without his meal."

[ Image of Character ]

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

One month back I'd been somewhere, I didn't know where and I didn't care. All I knew is that when I came to, when a red fog lifted from my mind.. All I did was feel regret and disgust. And in the midst of all the pitiful self-loathing a blasted bird drops a letter at my feet.. No I don't know how they had found me, but from what I gather I wasn't exactly keeping a low profile either. What did the letter say? That I had inherited an island. Some relative I didn't know in a place I didn't know. I thought to myself what the hell is Wano? But I didn't particulary care to find out just then. I still haven't really. I just picked up my weapons and left. Didn't even tell the crew a damn thing, at this point I would imagine they need a break from me as much as I need a break from myself.

Back in the present I trudged forward intending to move on past everyone and just find somewhere to sit in peace. However before I had gotten more than twenty paces from the throng of people, this expensively dressed fellow caught up to me and started to whisper. "Sir, I say sir I need a moment of your time". I halted in my tracks and looked back towards him.. Some of my nature must have revealed itself in my eyes because he recoiled and took a few steps back.

I took a moment to close my eyes and breathe out before I opened them again, hoping I looked more normal. Apparently I most have done so, because the man seemed to gather his courage before continuing: "Sir, if I may present myself, I'm Tom.. I'm something like an elected mayor in this town, your.. Relative didn't come here that often and someone had to be hands on, so that became me. However I've been told of your circumstances and the inheritance is crystal clear. You do own this island"

I held up a hand to stop him, "I've just arrived, I know nothing about this place and I am bone weary and do not wish to be bothered by anything or anyone". "Let me just find somewhere I can stay and let me be, I do not care how you run this place as long as I am not bothered".

The man seemed equal parts relieved and chagrined at the same time. He wasn't a tall man by any standard, but what he lacked in height he had made up for in girth. With one hell of a thick black mustache on his face. It seemed like it was alive, I could spot one broken off tooth from a comb in it.

Taking a long breath for himself the man said "very well Sir, if you do not wish to be bothered I think it would be prudent that we do not tell the public about what your arrival signifies"?

I turned my back on him and started walking towards the back of the island, I could see a windmill that didn't seem to be in use, I'll crash there for the time being. I hadn't said farewell to the man, nor did he seem to expect one, he simply turned around and went about doing his business.

@Dream

Last edited:
continuing on digging in he would splatter and splash with saliva mixed with his meal as chowed down. Despite the report that came in he just decided to ignore it. ' Nom-nom-nom '

The marine soldier would cough who would be holding a loudspeaker behind him. He would cough again and then take a deep breath ATTENTION, SIR!

It would reverberate a loud echoing sound, the fur on Butch the marine mink officer would stand tall with a strike of shiver over the entire body. Butch would stand on his feet. "!!!"

Butch's heart would beat heavily yet at a quicker pace ... ' I hate how I told them to get my attention ' ... " What was the report that was sent in again? " he'd ask which the marine would comply in providing the intel and begin to write a report.

" Where was he sighted? " as Butch would turn to the marine soldier.

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The door to the windmill pushed open on creaking hinges. This thing needs to be oiled something quick. A damp musty smell hit me as I crossed the threshold. It seemed the roof of the windmill weren't properly maintained, and as such rain had fallen inside at some point in time leading to the present condition. I sighed as I took in my surroundings as I noted the circular room with a small staircase leading up to a wooden ledge that went in a circle around the room and led up towards the top of the building. This place were not meant for living, Only for maintaining, though that had clearly not taken place here in a long time.

Screw this, I need a damn drink. My face like a thundercloud I stalked out into the open again. I hadn't left any belongings, I simply didn't bring anything that I couldn't carry on my person at all times. Such as my clothes and weapons, and some money. Anything else weren't important at all. I filled my lungs with fresh air again as I sped up slightly and looked around me. Suddenly I heard a twang and acting on instinct took two steps forward as something flew past at the spot I had just been standing. Reacting to a thud swirled around and saw an arrow sticking out from a nearby tree. Then I noticed someone shouting.. It was nearly incomprehensible.

"Whaa!? Yeh jus disappear and now yeh standing there!?"

Looking over I saw what must have been the dirtiest fellow I had ever laid eyes upon. It was downright impossible to guess the original color about everything related to him. From his skin, eyes, hair, teeth. He was caked in what must have been years of dirt. He even had a mushroom growing on his shoulder. And, as I thought about it, I could smell the alcohol all the way over here.

I must admit.. I lost it, I simply lost it.

In a flash I had crossed the distance and stood before him. It took him several seconds before he even registered I had moved, however in this instance it wasn't just the alcohol dulling his mind and reactions. I was simply far too quick for him, if I were to run, he wouldn't even see a blur, to him, I would have been invisible. Snarling like an animal from hell I pushed part of my hand into his mouth palm turned upwards and then simply lifted and threw him against a nearby building. The whole thing rattled. A man came bolting out the door mouth open ready to scream his fury. Then he saw the blood smear that was all that remained on the wall. Turning around in sudden terror he cast his eyes about, but I had already left the place and he never saw me.

@Dream

The marine soldier walked slightly ahead of Butch and guided him to a room with a metallic door slammed shut. The marine officer asked Butch to place his thumb on the side that had lights flashing. The size of the finger scanner was enough though it had something unique and adjusted its size to Butch's finger.

The floor, walls, and even ceiling rumbled with the lights above flashing on and off as the door raised upwards. Inside marine soldiers could be heard shouting and yelling of reports coming in and out. This was the bases' eyes on the world, keeping track of all its targets and suspicious people. Whether they were known to many, had some past of previous charges, and those who acted erratically in very unlikely situations.

Butch walked into the room and sighed. " Hearing the room rumble and all I see is this? ... Why was this hidden from me? " he asked. The marine soldier responded with "Well that is because we had the room and very pathway unknown to even scent. This was built long ago, was only known to those who have served for a long time." he would sigh before continuing "Butch, seemingly your still listed as a new recruit despite climbing the ranks of an official seat within the marines. Even this was hidden from you sir, for which I will apologise."

Hearing this he would rub his index finger under his chin " I understand " before he would get down seated with him removing one of his shoes scratching himself like a dog would do. The marine solder would look at him uncomfortably but would ask "Have you had your flea jab?"

Butch would stare at him and reply " I keep up to tabs with them " so he never has them but he feels itchy in condensed space.

Flashing forward as Butch who after itching himself would take a few reports reading upon the pirate that was spotted. Kyria of the Swan Pirates.

" So what's this hairless chicken doing out of the nest? " Butch would ask thinking with a speech bubble thinking before the thought would change to food with Kyria's leg like a dog treat.

@Beerbottle

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

It's only been around 20 minutes since I lost control, and they're already panicking and crawling all over the island as an anthill that has been kicked over.

The first five minutes had been fairly calm, enough so that I had found myself at what could be considered the dingiest drinking hole on this island. Even then it wasn't truly bad, just not as ridiculously clean as another establishment here. In this place one could get pretty comatose before you would be booted out. Granted, all I managed to do was buy a bottle of whiskey and a pack of cigarettes from the gruff man behind the bar. He looked like he'd been a sailor when he was in his prime, however age and injuries seemed to have caught up with him.

After that I had tried to sit and enjoy myself, however when I started to hear panicked, in a flash I were outside taking stock of the situation. Not good.. In another flash I were far from the center of where the commotion came from, sitting on the roof of some house smoking a fag with the open whiskey bottle in my other hand. Every time it seemed like someone were coming in my direction I'd disappear and show up somewhere else.

This went on for a while.

@Dream

Report came in of a recent incident of a someone who passed away recently and one of the names that came up was a certain Kyria. Butch would look at the report sheet " This can't be nothing more than really interesting "

The marines hearing and seeing this report would be shocked and oogle at the report. Looking down the report was a report of the recent incident at Loguetown where he went wild against a marine captain. Butch would stare at the section of the report and further intrigue him. ' This guy was able to tango with a captain, huh? '

Butch would smirk then command " Give me his cordinates and get me a ship "

The hunt was on, Butch sniffed in the air with his nose twitching.

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

A couple of hours of disappearing and reappearing later, I suddenly hit my limit. Not my physical limit mind you, but something that I would have liked to keep a lid on reared its homicidal head.

"There he is! Get him! He's the only stranger here!" A flock of people, perhaps two dozen of them started to crowd around me in a circle closing me in. "He's locked in with nowhere to go now guys!"

Looking around I could see the Mayor of this place further back in the crowd. He looked distinctly uncomfortable, sweat matted his brow as he looked towards me with fearful eyes. I for my part picked out the currently loudest person in front of me. I picked him up and simply broke his back over my knee.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" His screams were horrendous, but didn't last too long before the man simply passed out from the pain. The crowd had grown deadly quiet and some in the back had already turned heel and fled.

I fixed my now bloodshot eyes at the rest of them. My vision had started to become hazy as my blood started to boil, the crowd inched further back, all of them radiating fear of the me that towered over them. There was a flash of light as one of my swords left its scabbard, my face contorting in a rictus grin. I must have looked absolutely mad as I started threatening them.

"Yes, I killed that drunk fool, what are you guys imagening you're going to do about it"?

One of the braver souls, or perhaps he was just a tad dumb, stepped forward shouting:

"What of justice!"

His head parted with his neck in an instant. Now I held it in my left hand lifting it towards the crowd. It was only now that the recently headless body started to fall towards the ground, blood gushing like fountain everywhere. The crowd looked at the still dripping head with its dead eyes as someone started to scream. I didn't give a shit as I started to laugh in a high pitched scream that sounded more like nails being dragged down a chalkboard.

The legs of several of the people in front of me gave out, they kneeled down in the blood, not daring to even look at me anymore.

My laughter spent I continued, "there's no justice here, only me.. Leave me alone and I might spare you.. You have been warned".

Before anyone thought to answer this, I had jumped over the crowd and disappeared somewhere. Finding a tavern I found a bed and a bottle of rum and went to bed, I didn't pay for the room. But as I slept I didn't know that danger was making its way towards me.

@Dream

As the crewmen prepared the ship with resources and much more. Due to the voyage, it would take roughly a good 3 to 4 days to get to the location. Butch had to ensure a room full of meat for him and some bones and some mud. This was due to his dog-like nature, he required them to make sure he wasn't anxious or stressed along the way. That being said, he was a marine who was afraid of the ocean and was motion sick. It was two birds with one stone and some medication to have Butch, not puke or even be awake during the whole voyage with a nurse also stationed on the ship.

" I hate the ocean and especially when we are aboard ships " ... * ~ puke *. With the nurse injecting him with a double dose knocking him out cold.

Bon voyage, as Butch's military ship, had set sail as it mowed through the ocean making way to the location of where Kyria was sighted.

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Slowly waking up I start rubbing at the corners of my eyes to dislodge any gunk that might have gotten stuck there. Throwing the bedsheets to the side I sit up as popping sounds echoes from my neck. What the hell is going on? ... There was no other sound to block out my waking. No conversations, no sound of hammer or other type of labor. Nothing. Quickly getting dressed I make my way downstairs to the common area. Nothing, no scraping of chairs, no workers running around in a rush. I cast my eyes around staring long and hard. However.. Nothing.

Finding the kitchen.. It all seemed to have been left as is in a terrible rush. Finding some eggs and bacon I start the tedious task of making my own breakfast, mountains of food to be honest about it. Picking whatever table I felt like. What did it matter, it was all empty. After getting my nurishment I simply left the plate at the table. I just couldn't care less as of right now and started to make my way outside.

Nothing, if there were still any people on this island they must be cowering in their houses not even daring to go outside. Walking around I kept taking stock of the situation. Seems like several ships that were at the dock has left during the night.. I might actually be alone in this place for the meantime. No matter.. The food will hold a while yet.. Then I'll simply leave..

@Dream

The ship would sail through the ocean, as the ship would carve into the waves. Butch would walk towards the front of the ship with his arms crossed as the wind would breeze through his fur as his jacket would flutter behind him.

' I wonder just why here and how ' would ring in his mind with a little perplexion of the concept.

Butch would then get down in a seated position like this with a marine soldier coming to him as Butch would remove his jacket and hand it over to him. " Take this and keep true at this destination. "

It wouldn't take long before a sighting was sighted as a bell would ring followed "Land Ahoy, Destination ahead"

' FINALLY! '

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The boredom had already started to set in. Having taken a dip in the ocean simply for the novelty of washing myself in another location. I found myself outside the building that I guessed belonged to the fat mayor of this place. Placing my hand on the door to push it open. I wouldn't bother to knock, I noticed something interesting. Someone has tried to bar this door.. It did not make a difference me however who simply pushed harder until whatever was blocking on the other side gave way. To be frank about it, even the door itself broke off from its hinges, and fell to the floor with a loud bang.

Walking inside, I saw some creature comforts around. A nice rug, comfortable furniture, some paintings along the walls. However, it wasn't too extravagant, whoever lived here, was comfortable only.. Not downright corrupt. Walking in further I came to a room with a giant oak desk in the middle. It was a big sturdy thing, something that almost fit someone of my size. Perhaps the giant desk helped make the small man behind it seem a little bigger eh? For of course, behind the desk sat the little fat man, a bottle of brandy in hand and tears in his eyes.

"You've barely been here one day.. And you are already destroying this place". His sobbing voice, lazed with the obvious signs of having drunk to much made its way accross the room. I felt cold, my eyes were hard though as I simply said

"seems I have".

Then I turned on my heels and simply left, not wanting to even talk to the man. Whatever reflection this might have made me do however, were stopped as I could see a ship approaching the dock.

"Oho... Who's coming now eh"? My voice were dripping with bloodlust, because the vessel belonged to the marines.

Not even 20 meters away, Butch would get to his feet and then lunge forward. Then head up the hill, the closer he got to the top the fresher the air became though something was amiss. The wind would gush through the fur, Butch would take a sniff smelling someone approaching him. Butch would look up at the sky with the clouds drifting apart.

" Today's a good day isn't it? .... "

With him then noting footsteps that would twitch the ears. " I suppose you are Kyria of the Swan? "

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

" I suppose you are Kyria of the Swan? "
The words drifted towards me lazily on the wind. Though I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. There was a bend in the road ahead so even though I could hear the words, I had not yet laid eyes on who probably were an adversary.

Just a few words and I already feel tension building inside me that none of the villagers here could manage.. Who is this?

Rounding the bend sword in hand already, I set eyes upon the creature.. I couldn't really call him anything else.. It stood upright like a man, but it was more dog than anything else, I noted the powerful muscles and the massive jaw that probably could break bone quite easily. It also had claws.. I wonder if this creature even bothers with weapons when he seems to be a weapon all on his own?

I let my bloodlust leak out as I fixed the thing with my stare.

"Yes.. I am Kyria.. You know of me, though I cannot say I know of you.. Who are you? And why are you seeking death by appearing before me"?

@Dream

Butch caught the attention of Kyria, he stood there as he ordered his men " None shall set foot on this island got it. "

Butch will then size up the man that was recently catching the attention of many with reports coming left, right and center.
"Yes.. I am Kyria.. You know of me, though I cannot say I know of you.. Who are you? And why are you seeking death by appearing before me"?
" Death, you speak of this so lightly. Like it's second nature, just a shame a swordsman like you will never know, HELL! " taking a moment to allow that to sink into the swordsman.

" I have a question little man, wheres the rest of the so-called Swan Pirates? ... Why would little cubs begin a crew with a weird name, Swan Pirates? "

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

" Death, you speak of this so lightly. Like it's second nature, just a shame a swordsman like you will never know, HELL! "
The words, so carelessly said set my blood boiling. For a moment my eyes took on a haunted expression as echoes of a whip and my screaming mother replayed in my mind. The sound was so very crisp, like it happened right beside me still. I focused on the beast in front of me. How dare he!?

" I have a question little man, wheres the rest of the so-called Swan Pirates? ... Why would little cubs begin a crew with a weird name, Swan Pirates? "
The words did drag me kicking and screaming back to reality, I remembered where I was again.

"Unless you have a death wish.. Do not ever presume what I know of hell..". My voice eerily quiet as if it rose up from a tomb.

"The locations of the others? No idea, cannot say I care all that much what they do". "I didn't come up with the name.. I just soak it in blood".

@Dream

"Unless you have a death wish.. Do not ever presume what I know of hell.."
Hearing this Butch would be unsatisfied in his answer with a calm sigh. ' This one disappoints me '

Butch would feel where he cannot understand the pirate as the edges of his interest, desire, and heart get surrounded with ice that freezes. Though before he could do anything he would remain silent further listening to the swordsman.

"The locations of the others? No idea, cannot say I care all that much what they do". "I didn't come up with the name.. I just soak it in blood".
" That sounds rehearsed, whether you tell me not. I don't really care. I just don't want you little cubs scurrying around making a mess and forcing me to stop you young cubs. After all, I am a pacifist, i don't like to shed blood as blood is very valuable. " The moment butch would reference blood he'd witness himself in the hospital watching his wife die in the midst of childbirth as they tried to give her blood which ended up poisoning her.

" I guess we aren't really getting anywhere with all this talk, so young swordsman I have a question. Let's go elsewhere so we can settle this since talking is not gonna get us anywhere but maybe my fist and your sword will do the talking. "

He'd turn around " Men I would like you guys to not get involved, a fight between men is amongst men only. " to which the marines would scoff at "But Butch you're a mink? that doesn't mean anything". Butch would be startled shake his head at the response " You know what I mean, now shut up! " his voice was calm yet his shut up would echo quieting the marines on the ship.

Turning his attention back to the swordsman ' I need to be careful and not underestimate him just because he's a young cub. After all, a young cub could be a ticket away to the gates of heaven or hell for me. Or will my fists change his path. '

@Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

61 x 5 = 305
Human Race Bonus (large human) Strength: 12 Agility: + 30 Vitality: + 12
Strength: 79 + 12 = 91
Large Building Level
Agility: 51 + 30 = 81
81x2= 162
-Reaction: 81 Massively Hypersonic Reactions
-Movement: 81 Massively Hypersonic Speed
Vitality: 69 +12 = 81
81x2=162
-Resilience: 81 Town Level
-Endurance: 81 Vast Endurance
-Can perform the highest tier of attacks 5-7 times in combat
Haki: 61
81-99 Vast Endurance

Haki can be used for 6 turns straight with a 2 turn cooldown.
61x2=122
-Armament Haki: 81
-Observation Haki: 41
Fighting Style: 45
45x2=90
-Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 90
I could see my adversary's face harden, it was like I was looking at a block of ice. He was already closing himself off from me. Not that I in my current state would give a damn.
" That sounds rehearsed, whether you tell me not. I don't really care. I just don't want you little cubs scurrying around making a mess and forcing me to stop you young cubs. After all, I am a pacifist, i don't like to shed blood as blood is very valuable. "
My face likewise hardened as veins started to bulge. This arrogant little shit! He's dead! It was such a sad situation.. I had come to this place intending to relax, sick as I was of all the blood and misery I caused around myself. However, it was apparently not meant to be, in my madness I had already destroyed that chance before this Marine had even set foot on this island. Nothing would stop me now, alone as I was without even the rest of The Swan Pirates to try and keep me sane.
" I guess we aren't really getting anywhere with all this talk, so young swordsman I have a question. Let's go elsewhere so we can settle this since talking is not gonna get us anywhere but maybe my fist and your sword will do the talking. "
"..." For a second I was honestly surprised, I couldn't fathom his logic. Why would I care?
He'd turn around " Men I would like you guys to not get involved, a fight between men is amongst men only. " to which the marines would scoff at "But Butch you're a mink? that doesn't mean anything". Butch would be startled shake his head at the response " You know what I mean, now shut up! " his voice was calm yet his shut up would echo quieting the marines on the ship.
My opponent turned his attention back to me, I was gobsmacked.. And then I started to laugh.. It rang out fairly high pitched despite my size and the usual timbre it had normally. My eyes were not the eyes of a person right now, they were the eyes of a cornered beast as my madness radiated from them. Comparing myself and my opponent, I was the animal, not the other way around.

When I stopped laughing I had on a unnatural grin, like it had frozen in rictus as I spoke to the crowd.

"It is far too late to try and minimize the damage to this island and to your own people now. I've already broken this place.. And now I'll show you despair".

I ran forward as quickly as I could, I did not have a moment to waste. I wasn't doubting my true opponent could actually be a challenge for me, but before he'd know to act I would get a couple of his subordinates. They couldn't follow my movements at all and suddenly I was in front of one of them, my sword rose and fell, and suddenly I held a cut off head by the hair in my left hand. Laughing like a maniac once again.

@Dream