• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

The Bushin, Houken of the Three Great Heavens
Kill List: Ouki (with help), Gekishin, Duke Hyou, Kozen, Kyou

VERSUS

Moubu, Great General Of Qin, the “Strongest Man in China”
Kill List: Kanmei

1v1 Fight to the Death. Who wins and why?

Imo, could go either way, but Houken wins 6 out of 10 times.

@Owl Ki @Edward Teach @Finalbeta @Shanks @Arara etc

Last edited:
Going with MouBu. Man is aiming for strongest in China while in reality he achieved that too. Lol

MouBu vs Kanmei proved that too.

But Major what do you think about Ouki vs Houken comparing to MouBu vs Kanmei ?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
But Major what do you think about Ouki vs Houken comparing to MouBu vs Kanmei ?
Well

1) I think Houken got stronger after his fight with Ouki by virtue of him actually having experienced the strength of a Great general himself, and even stronger after Duke Hyou by virtue of once again having that experience

2) as for Moubu, I understand that I’m a small minority on this but re-evaluating their fight, I actually think Kanmei was clearly stronger than a Moubu, Moubu winning due to his greater ambition.

So the way I see it,

Houken ~ Kanmei >= Ouki ~ Moubu

Small gaps ofc

Well

1) I think Houken got stronger after his fight with Ouki by virtue of him actually having experienced the strength of a Great general himself, and even stronger after Duke Hyou by virtue of once again having that experience

2) as for Moubu, I understand that I’m a small minority on this but re-evaluating their fight, I actually think Kanmei was clearly stronger than a Moubu, Moubu winning due to his greater ambition.

So the way I see it,

Houken ~ Kanmei >= Ouki ~ Moubu

Small gaps ofc
I think both Kanmei and Moubu were equal but in the end MouBu won due to emotions increasing his strength after seeing MouTen getting injured.

I think Moubu~Kanmei~>Houken>Ouki

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I think both Kanmei and Moubu were equal but in the end MouBu won due to emotions increasing his strength after seeing MouTen getting injured.

I think Moubu~Kanmei~>Houken>Ouki
You also have to take Martial skill into account with this matchup.

Moubu is almost purely a brute force fighter, Houken has both brute power and Martial godliness, which is really why I think he wins lol.

Moubu is almost purely a brute force fighter, Houken has both brute power and Martial godliness, which is really why I think he wins lol.
Didn't thought that way. Waiting for few more arc and definitely changing my vote later. Lol

Though i think by the time when MouBu would be on campaign against Chu, he might surprise us against and we might could see more of his martial skills there.
Post automatically merged:

Also you're right, thinking again than martial skills wise MouBu would be weaker that's why he lost to SHK (again historically and based on manga in some dialogues and extra chapters).

Houken wins. He is the strongest character of the series. This man casually cuts giant trees like papers
kills tigers with bare hands

Moubu is unbelievable, but I cant see him single-handedly take on an army, beat the elite guards and kill the general. As Shouheikun said, it simply should not or can not happen. It contradicts the existense of an army itself. The stat sheets show how much respect Hara has for Houken's strength (over 100)

Regarding Moubu, he beat Kanmei, the man who called himself the strongest in China. Kanmei also claimed to beat Oukotsu, which kind of put him on the level of Qin's 6.

However, the king of Chu has no respect for Kanmei.
He was wondering whether he was stingy in his contribution and called Kanmei an imbecile. He was not talking about the size of the army as Kanmei's side had more soldiers than Moubu's. He meant he could have sent a stronger general than Kanmei.

The king clearly respects Renpa way more. This chapter tells me Kanmei is not on the same level of Kouen, Renpa or Ouki. I think Houken kills Kanmei much quicker than Moubu.

Last edited:
I would go with Mou bu on this one.

Mou bu became lot stronger after his fight with Kanmei, probably strongest raw strength wise out of all known characters in Kingdom so far. Definitely Strongest in Qin forces currently.

I also remember Hou ken loosing to Ouki, and i place Mou bu above Ouki. Ouki is better as a General but Mou bu stronger.

Plus Shin will probably surpass Houken this arc bt is still long way to surpass Mou bu.

The Bushin, Houken of the Three Great Heavens
Kill List: Ouki (with help), Gekishin, Duke Hyou, Kozen, Kyou

VERSUS

Moubu, Great General Of Qin, the “Strongest Man in China”
Kill List: Kanmei

1v1 Fight to the Death. Who wins and why?

Imo, could go either way, but Houken wins 6 out of 10 times.

@Owl Ki @Edward Teach @Finalbeta @Shanks @Arara etc
I would place my money on Houken winning more often than not. Even if Moubu has a strength advantage, Houken’s speed and skill surpasses Moubu.

Houken wins high-extreme diff.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I will change my opinion if Shin manage to kill Houken
After this arc, with Shin one shotting Gakuei, overwhelming a fresh Chou Garyuu while he was tired and wounded, stalling out Gyou Un, etc. it’s clear that Hara wants us to see Shin as a Great General Level fighter

Pretty disingenuous to Shin to be like “well if Shin slays Houken then Moubu > Houken.” It’s like people wants the MC to perpetually be below the top tiers lol.

For the record, if Kyoukai had gone up against Moubu and not Houken, Moubu would be dead Right now.

Last edited:
After this arc, with Shin one shotting Gakuei, overwhelming a fresh Chou Garyuu while he was tired and wounded, stalling out Gyou Un, etc. it’s clear that Hara wants us to see Shin as a Great General Level fighter

Pretty disingenuous to Shin to be like “well if Shin slays Houken then Moubu > Houken.” It’s like people wants the MC to perpetually be below the top tiers lol.

For the record, if Kyoukai had gone up against Moubu and not Houken, Moubu would becdead Right now.
Nah I doubt that, a fucked up kyoukai who's already huffing isn't gonna beat Moubu like that.

I honestly don't see Shin & Kyoukai, hitting that Houken level until near Chu, or until the end of 2nd Zhao invasion.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Nah I doubt that, a fucked up kyoukai who's already huffing isn't gonna beat Moubu like that.

I honestly don't see Shin & Kyoukai, hitting that Houken level until near Chu, or until the end of 2nd Zhao invasion.
What is Moubu supposed to do? He is a brute with far less martial skill than Moubu. I doubt he even stands a chance at landing a hit on Kyoukai.

What is Moubu supposed to do? He is a brute with far less martial skill than Moubu. I doubt he even stands a chance at landing a hit on Kyoukai.
I don't think he's just a brute at all, he's a heavily skilled combatant with the mace, with speed & reflexes. The fight between him & Kyoukai would probably go in a similar manner to Houken vs Kyoukai. Kyoukai lands some big hits on him, but once he catches her, it's gg.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I don't think he's just a brute at all, he's a heavily skilled combatant with the mace, with speed & reflexes. The fight between him & Kyoukai would probably go in a similar manner to Houken vs Kyoukai. Kyoukai lands some big hits on him, but once he catches her, it's gg.
Yeah if he hits her it's a one shot, I just doubt he would land a hit when Houken barely did lol. If Moubu could grab her and slam her though, she'd be dead