House of the Dragon

Season I Favourite Characters?

• Total voters

Rhea

Cattitude

A prequel to Game of Thrones (2011–2019), it is the second show in the franchise, created by George R. R. Martin and Ryan Condal for HBO.
The prequel goes back approximately 200 years to center on the beginning of the end of the once all-powerful dynasty that dominated the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.

You can talk here about the series.

@Fujishiro @Doggo @TheAncientCenturion @NikaInParis @Prince of Darkness @Mathias @Owari Da and anyone that interested
SPOILER WARNING
This thread contains potential spoilers for House of the Dragon series. Anyone wishing to remain completely spoiler free for the new show should avoid this thread.

I just hope that they don't change or mischaracterize characters (particularly Daemon) drastically from the books... some of the episode leaks that you hear are not good :believe:
Their characters in the book are pretty bare bones, with virtually no dialogue and no internal thoughts at all. They have a lot of leeway with them

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Their characters in the book are pretty bare bones, with virtually no dialogue and no internal thoughts at all. They have a lot of leeway with them
That's because the story is told from entirely third person perspectives (Eustace & Mushroom) with the reader being left to draw conclusions.

I'm talking about different stuff like
in the book Daemon loved Laena & her death was tragic whereas according to a leak (idk the authenticity of it) he wanted to kill her to save the child (like Viserys did) & Laena kills herself. That's a blatant mischaracterisation.

Also how Daemon seems to have killed his first wife (the "bronze bitch") in the series whereas he was in the Sepstones when she fell off a horse and died after three days in the books.

That's because the story is told from entirely third person perspectives (Eustace & Mushroom) with the reader being left to draw conclusions.

I'm talking about different stuff like
in the book Daemon loved Laena & her death was tragic whereas according to a leak (idk the authenticity of it) he wanted to kill her to save the child (like Viserys did) & Laena kills herself. That's a blatant mischaracterisation.

Also how Daemon seems to have killed his first wife (the "bronze bitch") in the series whereas he was in the Sepstones when she fell off a horse and died after three days in the books.
But again, all of that in your spoiler tag was told from unreliable narrators. Maybe he lived her, mayve he didn't.
In any case, the show is just an adaptation so it has to choose one narrative. Keep in mind, the Greens and Blacks in the books were cookie cutter villains vs good guys (just look at their allies). The show needs to add some faults to both sides