Powers & Abilities How close is Zoro to being the Strongest Swordsman of all time ?

I never intended this as a powerscaling thread , but here's my piece on it :

Yes Prime Newgate and Roger were monstrous pirate that's something i don't doubt but let me start by saying "PK" title doesn't mean strength , Luffy rn is one of the closest ppl to get to LaughTell and be crowned yet no one thinks he's ready to 1v1 a top tier yet ... it was never about strength , it's just that the path to get that is hard

Now you saying "Washed up" WB was causing a troubles is straight up lying when in MF all what he did is damage structures and going up against the 3 admirals , all 3 outmatched him ...

I think you confuse being a Yonko doesn't mean that Kaido/BM/WB are having a duel every few weeks , in fact the story tells us that the Yonko meetings are so rare in the past 20 years so getting a strength judgement from that is just laughable especially when we know for a FACT WB doesn't have a Rio Ponyglyph so why would Kaido/BM/Shanks go after him ? seems pointless.

Back to my point the series is about to End , if you don't think Blackbeard , Dragon , Sakazuki , Mihawk at least these 4 are stronger than the Prime old legends than they will never be ... Cause to put it as simply as possible there's no "EOS" status that's bs fandom came up with to justify some powerscaling , from now til Luffy finds LaughTell , One Piece and the final war it's probably gonna be a couple of months in OP time

Only the MCs are the ones that progress exponentially in that amount of time and if you want to pull out the classic "BB 3rd DF" theory to make him the strongest then sure but I personally believe most characters rn are far superior than older generation ...

Also as someone else mentioned the diff in strength is almost unnoticeable in OP in top tiers it always evolve in matchups , even by the end of the series Luffy , Zoro and Sanji will never have an easy fight

Lastly this is about Mihawk exactly , "Mihawk became famous before the great Pirate era even started" do you know how old Mihawk is right ? 43 years old and you know when the Pirate Era started ? 24 years ago

Meaning Mihawk when he was 19 years old or younger was world rounend and famous something that hasn't been achieved in the story by other than the Main character himself

This is a bit strange to ask but was it ever confirmed that "Black Swords" are made by the user and it's not just a type of metal ? cause the only time i recall it being mentioned was in Dressrosa in the Mihawk and he was referring to infusing blades with Haki and not permantly changing their colors
It is about strength to Luffy, so what you are saying is irrelevant. His true dream requires strength, which is why he needs to surpass the Yonko and Admirals.

For what I've understood all swords can become black swords thanks to the user's haki. This blade blackens each time a user imbue his haki in it every time he does that the sword get's tainted by the haki and the blade becomes black and it's grade goes up.

So in the end the haki it's self remains in the blade and makes it much more stronger and powerful, so if the user's haki is strong enough with time he can make a black sword
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Out all of his blades emna has the highest porobility to become one as first out of the 3, since it's the one that forces haki out of the user. Also I forgot the balde doesn't get tainted from the user haki it get's tainted with the enemys aswell

ah ok thanks for explaining , i completely missed this somehow even that its recent ... I'm guessing Wado will be the one Zoro turns to Black Blade as homage to Kuina

J

Jo_Ndule

I will repeat my god damn sentence..... I DO NOT rank all YC1 in same boat... same for YC2 and others....
the fact that Marco can play with King and Queen at same time while holding Zoro with his foot (as a disadvantage) is just a clear statement that there is NO SUCH THING as YC1 level.... again, I am putting Vista ABOVE a YC1 here, which is King.... I see Vista as a guy who is JUST LIKE katakuri for Luffy... who was the BRIDGE before facing Kaido....
Vista level is a BRIDGE for Zoro before facing Mihawk....
By the way, I rank Vista = Shiryuu and BOTH above King....
:josad:pero ~ Marco
Vista ~ Yassop
G4 / Doffy /Cracker >> Jozu

But yeah
Vista ~ Katakuri...
Marco was playing with King and queen for 2 seconds
I guess Apoo >> Kidd and Luffy coz he held his own vs 2 SNs at once

Anyway
Mihawk vs Zoro is high diff for now

People out here thinking when zoro faces Mihawk he will be an equal

You guys should know that Zoro must be the underdog who wins in extreme high diff fight for his dream match! Since this is like the One Piece match for him! The fight of his life!

There is no entertaining aspect if he went the match so prepared and so equal!

And I personally do not see him facing Mihawk right after Wano!

So even if he reached the level you guys speak about, he will still have other progression in other arcs, and still will face Mihawk as the challenger underdog who will need to transcend mid-fight

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
People out here thinking when zoro faces Mihawk he will be an equal

You guys should know that Zoro must be the underdog who wins in extreme high diff fight for his dream match! Since this is like the One Piece match for him! The fight of his life!

There is no entertaining aspect if he went the match so prepared and so equal!

And I personally do not see him facing Mihawk right after Wano!

So even if he reached the level you guys speak about, he will still have other progression in other arcs, and still will face Mihawk as the challenger underdog who will need to transcend mid-fight
Isnt Zoro already stronger than Mihawk the moment he faces him because he will end up winning?
Also, Zoro is never the underdog, there are usually some tricks which prevent him from dominating the fight.

Isnt Zoro already stronger than Mihawk the moment he faces him because he will end up winning?
Also, Zoro is never the underdog, there are usually some tricks which prevent him from dominating the fight.
If Zoro faces Mihawk and he is already stronger, it will be the time I TRULY lose faith in Oda... that's how much bad it is if he was not the underdog for that fight.... this would be absolutly trash on all scales

No... He wasnt an underdog in all his fights and yet they were good fights...
Being stronger doesnt mean the fight wont be good or hard.
He was the underdog against Mr.1
He was the underdog vs Ohm

Yet, his biggest fight in his life... the fight for his dream... people want him to start equal or superior? WTF

Honestly, if Oda did that... what a cheap dream it is... it's just simply a cheap dream if his main fight for his dream was not a struggle to SURPASS Mihawk in mid-fight

He should enter the fight capable, not weak, BUT somewhat inferior to Mihawk... where he BLOOMS mid-fight and surpass Mihawk.... otherwise... the match to achieve his dream is a CHEAP as fuck... and what a mediocre dream is all that I will say...

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
He was the underdog against Mr.1
He was the underdog vs Ohm

Yet, his biggest fight in his life... the fight for his dream... people want him to start equal or superior? WTF

Honestly, if Oda did that... what a cheap dream it is... it's just simply a cheap dream if his main fight for his dream was not a struggle to SURPASS Mihawk in mid-fight

He should enter the fight capable, not weak, BUT somewhat inferior to Mihawk... where he BLOOMS mid-fight and surpass Mihawk.... otherwise... the match to achieve his dream is a CHEAP as fuck... and what a mediocre dream is all that I will say...
But he wasnt the underdog in either fights against Mr1 or Ohm...
The only thing that prevented him from dominating both instantly was a gimmick/trick...
He was vastly superior to Mr1 in every way. Zoro is simply not designed as an underdog.

What's wrong about him being equal or superior to Mihawk when their fight takes place?
Is Akainu's victory over Aokiji lame just because he was equal or superior?
Nothing cheap about it at all.

The fight will look the closest to Zoro vs zRyuma, longer and on a higher level, where they match each other blow for blow.
Being the strongest swordsman in the world is a mediocre dream?
Alrite. :suresure: Direct your complaints towards Oda.

But he wasnt the underdog in either fights against Mr1 or Ohm...
The only thing that prevented him from dominating both instantly was a gimmick/trick...
He was vastly superior to Mr1 in every way. Zoro is simply not designed as an underdog.

What's wrong about him being equal or superior to Mihawk when their fight takes place?
Is Akainu's victory over Aokiji lame just because he was equal or superior?
Nothing cheap about it at all.

The fight will look the closest to Zoro vs zRyuma, longer and on a higher level, where they match each other blow for blow.
Being the strongest swordsman in the world is a mediocre dream?
Alrite. :suresure: Direct your complaints towards Oda.
LMAO
similar to Zoro vs Ryuuma difficulty?
What a cheap dream for real LOL

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Currently, it's: Mihawk > Shanks > Borsalino > Issho > Old Rayleigh > Zoro >= King > Vista.

Post Wano, it'll be:
Mihawk > Shanks > Borsalino > Issho > Zoro >= Old Rayleigh > King > Vista.

Not included: Ryuma, Big Mom, Shiryu.

Current Zoro is a high to peak high tier. Post Wano, he'll be a low top tier and have surpassed the likes of Old Rayleigh and Oden.

I think he means that Zoro overcomes Mihawk inside their duel just like how Luffy overcome Katakuri inside their duel

at the start of the fight Luffy was clearly weaker than Katakuri but he ended up learning and winning midfight

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I think he means that Zoro overcomes Mihawk inside their duel just like how Luffy overcome Katakuri inside their duel

at the start of the fight Luffy was clearly weaker than Katakuri but he ended up learning and winning midfight
Luffy was always stronger but the gimmick of being unable to land his hits has prevented him from dominating.
Katakuri was no capable on taking on Boundman when it was connecting.
A gimmicks like that is what usually also prevents Zoro from dominating...