Speculations How did Kaido win against Oden, brute force or underhanded tactics?

A

ardym

We know that Oden and his red scabbards have lost , was Oden really no match for Kaido ? no doubt Kaido is really strong ,they might have the same age and they were both in their prime at that time. the question is if Oden really has lost because of the difference between strengths or had Kaido used the people of Wano as hostages since in his dragon form he can most likely kill every one from above.
We saw that scabbards were concerned about the civilians and that is why they choose Onigashima as a battle field .
in the last chapter Viz version Oden's strength was hyped even he was called invincible. some (me included) might doubt Oden's strength. but i think Oda is going to make a twist for why Oden has lost. I think the scabbards might have been stronger than Kaido's commanders 20 years ago.
it seems that beast pirates are really dirty fighter , Queen threatened Luffy to drown Kid and Killer, which made Luffy hesitate. Jack intended to destroy Zunisha and kill everyone to get what he wanted. Hawkins used Laws friends to catch him. and Fukurokuju wanted to catch only one of the strawhats.
Kaido himself kills the crew of a captain first. at the end i doubt it was a fair fight.

Oden just happened to have higher lethality being a swordsman, that's why he managed to scare him. Kaido was stronger overall, though. He won fair and square. In all the mentions of that fight the focus is on Kaido's strenght not cheap tricks.

A

ardym

Oden just happened to have higher lethality being a swordsman, that's why he managed to scare him. Kaido was stronger overall, though. He won fair and square. In all the mentions of that fight the focus is on Kaido's strenght not cheap tricks.
we will know for sure in the next chapter

Underhanded tactics could dehype Kaido , so i doubt Oda would do that , especially when we're about to take him on in Fire Festival

Instead it's likely Oda would hype Kaido , maybe by having Hybrid Kaido overwhelming Oden

Though let's see . Oda was wanking Oden hard for some chapters , then shat on him for 2 chapters , although in one chapter it was Roger himself who did it

With Oda hyping it so much in the last page and saying it was legendary i doubt there was underhanded tactics involved and i also doubt it was like the fight with luffy as some people were suggesting that Kaido just allowed Oden to hit him but after he manged to cut him Kaido got angry and proceed low diff Oden lol that's not legendary i think it was a fair fight and Oden managed to push Kaido to high or extreme diff but last in the end.

J

Jo_Ndule

Does Kaido seems like a dirty fighter?
If not then why even think he will accept someone interfering his battle? Or cheating?

Oden sacrificed himself to protect the RS is what Kine'mon said in a much earlier chapter . However, I don't think that Kaido would do anything dirty on his own accord. Maybe Orochi played some cards under their noses..:kayneshrug:

Does Kaido seems like a dirty fighter?
If not then why even think he will accept someone interfering his battle? Or cheating?
He doesn’t seem like anyone who cares about fair play, no.

Consider his crew and their actions so far

-poison gas Jack
-Queen and his sadistic death games
-King who apparently loves torture
-Holdem who tortured and took hostage a little girl
-Page One who wrecked the livelihoods of the people of Wano to force out Sanji

Then there's his association with Orochi, Doflamingo and Caesar, none of whom are exactly proponents of fair play. And his general treatment of the people of Wano and those who have opposed him- locking folk up, feeding them poison for thirteen years and trying to break them into joining him.

Kaido's barely done anything so far, but based on what we do know of him and by judging him with the company he keeps, he's certainly not overly concerned with cheating or interference. Sure, he might turn out to be one of those "this is my fight, don't step in" type characters, but it's very much still up in the air.

I also don't buy any arguments that Kaido could be dehyped.

When Kaido faced Luffy he tanked everything Luffy threw at him then finished him in one hit. Kaido cannot be dehyped after that. That is the level the protagonist is needing to step above and beat. What happened against another character is irrelevant to the challenge that Kaido has proven, without a doubt, that he is to Luffy.

it's Kaido we are talking about here. The guy that challenged other yonkous and the marines all by himself. The guy who told his subordinates to uncuff Big Mom and clashed with her. He could have just killed her all tied up.

Oden was the first and only to scar him. Maybe Kaido liked that, but then proceeded to wreck Oden. I would really hate if he used underhanded tactics.

A

ardym

it's Kaido we are talking about here. The guy that challenged other yonkous and the marines all by himself. The guy who told his subordinates to uncuff Big Mom and clashed with her. He could have just killed her all tied up.

Oden was the first and only to scar him. Maybe Kaido liked that, but then proceeded to wreck Oden. I would really hate if he used underhanded tactics.
still he has a special relationship with BM and owe her his life from the past , they were crew mates

S

stealthblack

this dancing fool def lost fair and square. if kaidou needs tricks ot beat this guy, his WSCtitle is more fake then mihawk's WSS title.:myman: