Questions & Mysteries How does Gear 5 work?

In Chapter 1043, we can see that Luffy got knocked out by Kaido. All hope seemed lost for a few minutes, until Zunesha tells Momonosuke that it can hear the "Drums of Liberation" for the first time in 800 years.

Shortly after, we can see Luffy smile as steam comes out of his mouth while undergoing a new transformation.

The question that I ask myself is: How does it work? How would Luffy activate it? There wasn't any obvious method shown to achieve it, like speeding up the blood flow in his body to achieve Gear 2

or inflating parts of his body to achieve Gear 3 and his muscle structure for Gear 4.

Gear 5 is much different though, as we don't know how it's activated. Perhaps, it's something similar to going Super Sayian with powering up?

What do you think? :choppawhat:

With every Gear, Luffy was going deep inside him.
So imo Gear 5 is Powered by "Dreams" which is why it's Peak of his DF, as you cant go any deeper than that

It's proven by the fact that when he ran out of Gear 5, he recharged by mentioning Kinemon, Momo, Tama and Pedro who represent the last four who entrusted their Dreams to him (Oda really highlighted those Scenes)

Luffy's Final Form is gonna be Gear 5 empowered by Void Century Dreams, it's like he literally carries the Past to defeat Final Villain, Mark my words.

With every Gear, Luffy was going deep inside him.
So imo Gear 5 is Powered by "Dreams" which is why it's Peak of his DF, as you cant go any deeper than that

It's proven by the fact that when he ran out of Gear 5, he recharged by mentioning Kinemon, Momo, Tama and Pedro who represent the last four who entrusted their Dreams to him (Oda really highlighted those Scenes)

Luffy's Final Form is gonna be Gear 5 empowered by Void Century Dreams, it's like he literally carries the Past to defeat Final Villain, Mark my words.
Luffy switches between Gear 2-4 in certain battles. I don't see a reason as to why Gear 5 would only be used once or twice, although for weaker foes perhaps Gear 4 is the smarter choice?

Luffy's weakness with Gear 4 is (I believe) running out of Haki, so he deflates like a balloon once his time is up. I don't think we know if there's a disadvantage with using Gear 5 either yet, like reducing his life span (Rob Lucci figured Gear 2 would do just that) or a time limit like with Gear 4.

I don't see Luffy fighting many weaklings now, so I'm hoping we'll see Gear 5 more often. It's just a matter of when.