Speculations How efficient would Apoo actually be in a 1v1?

This mostly comes from seeing a lot of people claim some wacky shit like Apoo being the strongest supernova. So I wanted to make a critical appraisal of his strength

We saw in the latest chapter Apoo's attacks carry a lot of firepower, despite not being enough to damage Luffy or Zoro in the long term, it was enough to knock out Luffy for even a second. Furthermore, Apoo had another attack coming in before which he was interrupted.

But, if it was a clean fight can actually?

Apoo, seemingly, has a lot more weak points than he has strong points. The only thing he has going for his strong side is the strength of his attacks.

But here's the cons,

-Apoo's attacks take too long to prepare. The guy has to make an entire song for a single attack by playing his entire body. We've seen this twice, once with Kizaru and now with Luffy/Zoro. Both of the times he was lucky that the opponent was standing curious about what he was going to do. If they rushed him, he'd have been at a loss.

-Apoo is surprised easily and lacks defences, including observation haki. This is one of the things that made people downplay Apoo. Notably the 3D2Y part where Apoo was running from Boars. And now, Kid. Apoo lost his shit when Kid came after him. Rather than sensing a big ass arm coming towards him, Apoo couldn't detect him with his observation haki. Which is a major flaw.

Even after Kid came for him, Apoo didn't have any decent defences to resort to. Instead, Apoo just screeched and had no choice but to take the hit. Also filling in the fact that he doesn't have many defensive attacks on the reserve.

As of now he has shown some weird ability which is hard to read (how it actually functions) and it seems it hits you instantly or something like that (Zoro being cut without realizing is a shame, under normal circumstances he would have notice and blocked like with other supernova) but also it seems they carry a weird attack power (Luffy faints but is fine moments later, Zoro is pretty much fine) but this is more likely due to plot reasons aka hype a bit Apoo without using Luffy and Zoro as hype tools.

Also these moves are most likely just his starters (or maybe not since he used them vs an admiral and you didn't throw an admiral sand but the baddest guy you have in your arsenal otherwise you only get an annyoed or enraged admiral) and anyway he for sure has other cards we have still to see.

If he has just this then I guess that in the span of 2 or 3 more attacks at best Luffy or Zoro can learn the patterns (Luffy has even FS) and counter or block it. Then there is the question of the damage but most likely the first time is the one which damages the more (surprise etc.). The question is how is Apoo defending? If Luffy or Zoro throw a punch/slash at him what are his options? Dodge, block? How? He doesn't seem a speedster nor a tank, probably some other weird df power he uses as a shield (or simply he lacks a proper defend and his defensive style is to be smashed Kidd style).

Anyone that says hes the strongest is just trolling/memes. All the memes online are pretty funny actually. I dont think his DF is that great 1v1. You can just speed blitz him and take him out. I think its a great support DF though. Im sure hes had several crew members go in on enemies while he does his long range aoe attacks from a distance.

Anyone that says hes the strongest is just trolling/memes. All the memes online are pretty funny actually. I dont think his DF is that great 1v1. You can just speed blitz him and take him out. I think its a great support DF though. Im sure hes had several crew members go in on enemies while he does his long range aoe attacks from a distance.
Them memes and trolls goin become true it just a matter of time :myman:

In 1vs1 i think it wont be efficient because it needs time to launch his attack. If his enemy can blitzspeed him then apoo would most likely lost. If he manages to land his attacks before enemy reach him then he has advantage. From what i see so far, apoo seems lacks of CoO. He would be best in a sneaky attacks and from certain range. Apoo better improves his combat ability not only rely on his df alone.

Apoo had no problem earlier in the series taking on Kid up close.He even went and daringly trashed his hideout. No reason to assume he is that weak in close distance 1vs1 .
Also why would it be a demerit that he was running away from boars?? In Luffy's island there were 500 animals stronger than him and pretty sure he ran away from one after his g4 limit was up in the dressrosa flashback...Should we hold it against current Lufffy as well? If not,why hold it against Apoo?

That being said, I do think as well that he needs some time to prepare his big attacks.Right now it seems that his attacks stack up,it doesn't mean he can't fight in CQC.
I had completely butchered the penultimate sentence,I don't get how I wrote that shit.lol

Last edited:
You didn't really define "efficient" here. Are talking about how many attacks Apoo can launch in a given time period? The amount of damage he can deal in a given time period? He may not have a punch-spam gatling equivalent, few people do, but Apoo may be dealing far more damage per hit. Not just anyone can temporarily knock out Luffy even when he expects an attack to hit him.

Apoo, seemingly, has a lot more weak points than he has strong points. The only thing he has going for his strong side is the strength of his attacks.
I don't agree with this. Apoo has seemingly one weakness, which is that he yells what damage he's about to deal, similar to Luffy yelling out Kong Organ or Zoro yelling out Three Thousand Worlds. Shonen characters don't really get punished for yelling out attacks.

Meanwhile, Apoo presents a variety of strengths:
  • Attacks are invisible. Even Zoro's air slashes leave a predictable trajectory someone like Hody Jones can see. Apoo does not.
  • Attacks are unpredictable. Luffy and Zoro's observation haki failed them even when they expected an attack. They can run away, they can cover their bodies in haki, but thus far they cannot predict Apoo's attacks.
  • Attacks can be projected out in every possible direction. Music is blasted to everyone in the Beast Pirates: below, above, behind Apoo, sound will even travel across solid and liquid surfaces which might work in Apoo's favor. Apoo is restricted to one target to attack at a time (thus far) but his music is reaching everyone so everyone in the crowd is in Apoo's range.
  • Attacks deal various types of damage. Blunt impact, slashing, explosion damage, maybe more. Not every fighter has access to so much variety and typically will specialize in one of these.

-Apoo's attacks take too long to prepare. The guy has to make an entire song for a single attack by playing his entire body. We've seen this twice, once with Kizaru and now with Luffy/Zoro. Both of the times he was lucky that the opponent was standing curious about what he was going to do. If they rushed him, he'd have been at a loss.
We have to see more to determine this. I don't believe Apoo is slow and utterly helpless while he plays music. That Apoo can literally not do anything against a barrage of attack after attack. Kid caught Apoo by surprise one time while he was fighting Luffy and Zoro. That says more about his observation haki than his Devil Fruit power.

-Apoo is surprised easily and lacks defences, including observation haki. This is one of the things that made people downplay Apoo. Notably the 3D2Y part where Apoo was running from Boars. And now, Kid. Apoo lost his shit when Kid came after him. Rather than sensing a big ass arm coming towards him, Apoo couldn't detect him with his observation haki. Which is a major flaw.
Luffy and Zoro got hit too. Just like Apoo, they were focused on multiple enemies. You shouldn't underestimate any of the Supernova. For anyone one of them to easily predict and avoid each other even when it comes to surprise attacks would be seperating them by multiple tiers of difference. Perhaps this is not a weakness but something that should come as expected in Worst Gen fights.