Future Events How likely is it that Akainu and Dragon have history ?

To be more open to more possible matchups for Sakazuki, let's look at the most obvious one besides Luffy.

Oda is using this theme all the time to show that there's history between certain characters.

There are probably much more examples but the point is obvious. Oda does this only when the characters have a history and bad blood between them and Akainu surpassed all of the above by spamming it time and time again.

As much as Akainu disrespected Whitebeard it sounded like he had quite a bit of respect for Dragon and Roger putting their name on the same level as criminals.

Akainu was so hard after Luffy because in his mind someone with Dragon's potential is more dangerous to be allowed to walk away than even Blackbeard.

- Both are 55
- Akainu joined the Navy roughly at the time the Revo army was founded ( if the timeline hasn't confused me)

Looks like there are quite a bit of connections.

- Akainu joined the Navy roughly at the time the Revo army was founded ( if the timeline hasn't confused me)
Dragon formed the RA shortly after Ohara, which was 22 years ago. At that time Akainu was already an established powerhouse.
Before that Dragon was part of some other rebel organization, and with his detest to the navy back then, and with no other possible candidates for Dragon to fight against and improve himself, I think they're gonna have some sort of past rivalry.

Dragon formed the RA shortly after Ohara, which was 22 years ago. At that time Akainu was already an established powerhouse.
Before that Dragon was part of some other rebel organization, and with his detest to the navy back then, and with no other possible candidates for Dragon to fight against and improve himself, I think they're gonna have some sort of past rivalry.
So it's still possible that Dragon and Akainu parted ways at the same time going to the opossite direction.
I think they no doubt have a history, the problem is Dragon won’t fight the Navy, he wants to fight the Nobles.

I wouldn’t have a problem with Dragon vs Akainu if Dragon didn’t specifically state it wouldn’t happen.
Sanji vs Queen can actually be used for pushing Luffy vs Akainu as well. Judge was alive and Queen still fought and was defeated by his son @comrade

Not sure based on the evidence. Akainu merely states that Dragon is the worst criminal along with Roger, which alone doesn't qualify for a history, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had. I see Dragon vs. Akainu as a possible outcome too. The leader of the Revos vs the leader of the Marines, who is the wall between the Celestials and those opposing them.

To be more open to more possible matchups for Sakazuki, let's look at the most obvious one besides Luffy.

Oda is using this theme all the time to show that there's history between certain characters.

There are probably much more examples but the point is obvious. Oda does this only when the characters have a history and bad blood between them and Akainu surpassed all of the above by spamming it time and time again.

As much as Akainu disrespected Whitebeard it sounded like he had quite a bit of respect for Dragon and Roger putting their name on the same level as criminals.

Akainu was so hard after Luffy because in his mind someone with Dragon's potential is more dangerous to be allowed to walk away than even Blackbeard.

- Both are 55

Looks like there are quite a bit of connections.

Because he is the Red ''Dog'', unlike his fans (who can't read) think, Lakainu doesn't hate Pirates, he hates the ''enemies of the government'' not the pirates, it doesn't need to be history between Dragon and Red Dog for Red Dog to hate the Revolutionaries, there could be or not it doesn't matter. Red Dog still hates the enemies of the government since Red Dog murdered Ohara civilians as well just to be a good ''dog'' to the government.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/akainu-doesnt-hate-pirates-he-hates-the-enemies-of-the-government-akainus-character-got-exposed.18324/

You probably forget Dragon created the Revolutionary Army after Ohara, not before.

And Red Dog murdering the civilians in Ohara was one of the reasons why Dragon established the Revolutionaries.

This is another foreshadowing that Red Dog might be defeated by either Sabo or Dragon, Luffy is not necessary, just like it happened with Big Mom vs Law and Kid.