Theory How Sanji will unlock his Lineage Factor

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
1. Lineage Factor.

Lineage Factor has been mentioned a couple of times during WCI and Wano by several notable characters.

We know that a team consisting of Vegapunk, Judge, Caesar and Queen(the last two are speculative) discovered Lineage Factor before the birth of the Vinsmoke Siblings.

I think we will learn more about Lineage Factor from two sources: Kaido's inevitable flashback about the time he was experimented on by Vegapunk and Sanji's matchup with either King or Queen. or Page One.

I believe that Sanji will unlock his dormant lineage factor against his opponent.

Sanji's lineage factor is likely related to Diable Jambe, if Sanji fully unlocks it he might be able to use blue or white fire. (It could be the "Mythical fiery bird" Vegapank mentioned, I don't personally believe in those leaks but they could be true).

Now, I mentioned before that I think Sanj will unlock his lineage factor against either King or Queen. I will elaborate on Queen first.

2. Queen.
Queen is one of the people who discovered Lineage Factor and is a very gifted scientist. I believe that Queen knows how to change someone's Lineage Factor and he does it by using his Ice Oni Plague.

Let me explain: The Ice Oni Plague alters the victim's appearance, physical strength, mental state and in some cases can even return the victim to his prime state. We know that Lineage Factor turned the Vinsmoke brothers into emotionless super soldiers and created an artifical Devil Fruit, I don't think it's too big of a stretch to say that Lineage Factor is capable of turning people into Ice Demons. However, I believe that Queen's method is imperfect and flawed compared to Judge's and Vegapunk's, which is why the victims of the Ice Oni Plague die after an hour.

Let's say that Queen used the Ice Oni Plague on Sanji and Chopper and after an hour they both start to die. Then, the plague triggers Sanji's Lineage Factor and he unlocks some sort of fire ability that can counter it.

3. King
I mentioned before that I believe Queen possesses an imperfect method of using Lineage Factor. We know that King is someone special. His race is rare, he came from a Sky Island, and seems to have control over fire. I don't think pyrokinesis is a natural ability of his race. I believe that Queen gave him the ability to manipulate and generate fire.

We know that Vegapunk experimented on Kaido while he was imprisoned. The rest of Vegapunk's research probably experimented on him too, including Queen. Now, where would Kaido be imprisoned? Impel Down of course.

However, Magellan wasn't always the warden of Impel Down. I believe the warden of Impel Down 20 years ago was King.

King grew to respect Kaido's strength after learning that he challenged so many great pirates and eventually decided to help him break out of Impel Down and become his subordinate. Queen was also impressed by Kaido and tagged along.

At some point, King asked Queen to modify him. Queen fucked up and King now has to wear a BDSM suit to prevent everything from getting set on fire and that's why they hate each other so much. (Judge or Vegapunk could have been the ones who modified King, but I think Queen's more likely)

Queen and Judge made similar modifications to King and Sanji, giving them both fire powers. Judge gave Sanji better control over fire, which may be one of the reasons why Sanji's such a good cook, he's been subconsciously manipulating the flames.

During their hypothetical 1v1, Sanji will unlock a stronger fire ability then King and defeat him.

Disclaimer: I'm sorry if this post seems derivative, I know other people have made similar theories in the past.

Tags

@Prince Kronos @Jackteo @MonsterZoro @Doggo @BangMi @SDfear

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
β€Ž
Nice.
My theory is a little bit different.
Basically, Queen was, at the time, an assistant to Judge and Vegapunk. During the time they were experimenting on Kaido, King was also a test subject.
King's fire is an early attempt of Judge to create the powers he later bestowed upon his children. But since it was a failure, King has to use some protective suit to keep his flames in check, or else he might even burn himself, like Dabi from MHA. It was not Queen's doing.
Something something happened, Kaido and King were free, and Queen tagged along with them. The details from this escape could be explored on a flashback.

I'd like for Sanji to awaken his lineage factor but considering the raid suit I don't think it will happen. If Sanji is meant to awaken his Germa powers then there was no point in getting the raid suit. The raid suit has the power of invisibility, Sanji now is literally THE KING OF CHEAP SHOTS, he can defeat anyone outside of the Emperors due to his lack of offensive power, but other than that, he's essentially unbeatable because he's invisible.
:luuh:

Doggo

β€Ž
I'd like for Sanji to awaken his lineage factor but considering the raid suit I don't think it will happen. If Sanji is meant to awaken his Germa powers then there was no point in getting the raid suit. The raid suit has the power of invisibility, Sanji now is literally THE KING OF CHEAP SHOTS, he can defeat anyone outside of the Emperors due to his lack of offensive power, but other than that, he's essentially unbeatable because he's invisible.
:luuh:
There is, IF the "awakening" is temporary and Sanji needs to learn how to "activate" it somehow. That leaves room for growth.

Doggo

β€Ž
Then what's the point of the raid suit?
Raid Suit is just part of the kit, not the full thing.
I'm all in favor of Sanji accepting his lineage, not due to Judge, but due to his mother, who was also a Vinsmoke. Due to his sister, who is also a Vinsmoke.
Being a Vinsmoke does not mean he should be a dick. Accepting his origins and, at the same time, taking reins of his own identity is a good theme.
Being the "black sheep" of the family fits it quite well.
Initially the Raid Suit is enough, but at some point, he is gonna need to step up one extra level, due to the unwritten shounen universal rules.
Better tease it now and work towards something later on. :kayneshrug:

I don’t think it will happen in the raid, but it may happen in part at the end of Wano.

Sanjis power ups are always deeply connected to his kindness or his character in general, as such he will do something great to trigger this change.
I think that what’s happening inside Sanji is that the drug is working as a hormone blocker. It’s still in him blocking the change in his lineage factor from changing his body. However, to cure the Smile curse, that hormone blocker will be needed to be studied modified and recreated. Which means Sanji may have to be willing to lose what it is inside him that stops his bodies change for the sake of all these others.

This will be a very normal trigger to Sanji awakening the exoskeleton, while also showcasing Sanjis kindness.

I do think the idea will come from Queen who understands the lineage factor but I think that king is a natural individual. I think king and queen and kaidos connection was that king was just a head jailor who was sent to guard Vegapunks research facility because he would torture and harm prisoners for his own fun.

As much as I'd like to see a long Kaido's flashback describing all of his life and how he created his crew, so how he convinced King (in ID?) and Queen (in PH?) to join him, or when he bought the numbers, i think Oda will focus on a single important moment skipping the rest orshowing it to us rapidly.

God Valley is too important, we might get a glimpse of it (BM handing the DF to him) but not much more than that and we already saw what Kaido did in Wano so how Orochi contacted Kaido might be the one thing worth drawing there.
Nobody escaped from ID before the mass breakout so he shouldn't have reached the prison.
That leaves out PH, the center of a lot of plotlines linked to Kaido:
- Kaido being held captive there
- Queen knowing Judge's name (at least) and the fact that Judge worked with Vegapunk
- the Numbers being bought in PH
- the Smiles and Caesar
- Orochi mentioning Vegapunk

Kaido's flashback main focus being in PH is a given imo. And since King and Queen have that kind of relationship, i doubt they joined Kaido in different occasion. Queen is a scientist so it's far more likely he was working with Vegapunk at that time (not alongside Judge tho, the Navy held Kaido captive, Judge already left Vegapunk) and King is from a different race that BM knows, so it's probable that, if he was in PH, he was a prisoner like Kaido.

The simplest scenario is that Queen worked as Vegapunk and Judge assistant in the research team that discovered the lineage factor, King was one of their study subjects. The Government disbanded the team and Queen remained with Vegapunk.
The Navy brought Kaido to Vegapunk.
Being just an assistant, a young and slim one, Queen wasn't allowed to see Kaido. At same point Queen entered the room and got fascinated by this man so he freed him (and King that asked for help) and those three escaped from PH with the Numbers. He never bought them, that is a lie he spread to hide the fact he was a lab rat.
Simple, funny and tragic. :akaman:

All this headcanon to say that the lineage factor might come up but i don't see any major focus on it, the CP0 discovering Momo's fruit is going to play a role in Vegapunk's storyline but not in Wano imo.
Sanji has to remain a normal human, i won't say I'd hate a modified Sanji but after he got the RS, i don't think it's necessary for him to unlock an exoskeleton. Sora's (Vegapunk's) drug explaining DJ would be kind of cool tho.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Nobody escaped from ID before the mass breakout so he shouldn't have reached the prison.
My theory was that King just let Kaido out and the government covered it up.

Good point about the Punk Hazard stuff.

he was a prisoner like Kaido.
King being a prisoner of the World Government makes a lot of sense. I still think he's connected to Shiryu and Magellan somehow.

As much as I'd like to see a long Kaido's flashback describing all of his life and how he created his crew, so how he convinced King (in ID?) and Queen (in PH?) to join him, or when he bought the numbers, i think Oda will focus on a single important moment skipping the rest orshowing it to us rapidly.

God Valley is too important, we might get a glimpse of it (BM handing the DF to him) but not much more than that and we already saw what Kaido did in Wano so how Orochi contacted Kaido might be the one thing worth drawing there.
That leaves out PH, the center of a lot of plotlines linked to Kaido:
- Kaido being held captive there
- Queen knowing Judge's name (at least) and the fact that Judge worked with Vegapunk
- the Numbers being bought in PH
- the Smiles and Caesar
- Orochi mentioning Vegapunk

Kaido's flashback main focus being in PH is a given imo. And since King and Queen have that kind of relationship, i doubt they joined Kaido in different occasion. Queen is a scientist so it's far more likely he was working with Vegapunk at that time (not alongside Judge tho, the Navy held Kaido captive, Judge already left Vegapunk) and King is from a different race that BM knows, so it's probable that, if he was in PH, he was a prisoner like Kaido.

The simplest scenario is that Queen worked as Vegapunk and Judge assistant in the research team that discovered the lineage factor, King was one of their study subjects. The Government disbanded the team and Queen remained with Vegapunk.
The Navy brought Kaido to Vegapunk.
Being just an assistant, a young and slim one, Queen wasn't allowed to see Kaido. At same point Queen entered the room and got fascinated by this man so he freed him (and King that asked for help) and those three escaped from PH with the Numbers. He never bought them, that is a lie he spread to hide the fact he was a lab rat.
Simple, funny and tragic. :akaman:

All this headcanon to say that the lineage factor might come up but i don't see any major focus on it, the CP0 discovering Momo's fruit is going to play a role in Vegapunk's storyline but not in Wano imo.
Sanji has to remain a normal human, i won't say I'd hate a modified Sanji but after he got the RS, i don't think it's necessary for him to unlock an exoskeleton. Sora's (Vegapunk's) drug explaining DJ would be kind of cool tho.
Basically same. I think King was head of security for Kaidos prison on punk hazard and Queen was Vegapunks Assistant. (Maybe Jack was also here as a test subject) Both of them became enamored with Kaido and decided to free him in exchange for Kaido to allow them to run free with him. Allowing queen to make WMD and viruses Vegapunk banned and allowing king to torture and do whatever he wanted that had him forced to leave Impel down

Sanji's lineage factor is likely related to Diable Jambe, if Sanji fully unlocks it he might be able to use blue or white fire. (It could be the "Mythical fiery bird" Vegapank mentioned, I don't personally believe in those leaks but they could be true).
LF prompted the existence of DJ but are not something they provided for sanji

its a bit ironic

Everything about Sanji's backstory and background is kind of ironic when you think about it.
i pointed out the irony in what you said regarding LF and DJ, to state the contrast and how DJ not something that comes from Lineage alterations of LF..., and you can't say that LF are dormant in sanji but the technique he uses is directly related to something that hasn't expressed itself

that's what you meant ye?

or am i incorrect

and regarding his background... howvs ut ironic exactly
?

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
i pointed out the irony in what you said regarding LF and DJ, to state the contrast and how DJ not something that comes from Lineage alterations of LF..., and you can't say that LF are dormant in sanji but the technique he uses is directly related to something that hasn't expressed itself

that's what you meant ye?

or am i incorrect
I misread your post. We don't know what Diable Jambe is. It being related to LF is a common theory.

Raid Suit is just part of the kit, not the full thing.
I'm all in favor of Sanji accepting his lineage, not due to Judge, but due to his mother, who was also a Vinsmoke. Due to his sister, who is also a Vinsmoke.
Being a Vinsmoke does not mean he should be a dick. Accepting his origins and, at the same time, taking reins of his own identity is a good theme.
Being the "black sheep" of the family fits it quite well.
Initially the Raid Suit is enough, but at some point, he is gonna need to step up one extra level, due to the unwritten shounen universal rules.
Better tease it now and work towards something later on. :kayneshrug:
I have no problems with the Germa powers, the problem is the raid suit.