Current Events How should the World Government and Marines have dealt with the Warlords after the end of the Warlord system ?

We all know that after the Warlord system was officially abolished during the Reverie that marines troops were sent after the now ex-warlords to hunt them down and either capture or kill them. However these troops seem to be particulary underpowered against very powerful fighters such as Mihawk, Weevil and Hancock and there were no signs of the admirals or elite VAs or new Pacifistas going after the warlords.

In your opinion how should the WG have dealt with the warlords ? What would have been your plan to capture or eliminate them ?

I'm curious if Marines actually really sent fodders against 2nd strongest Warlord (Weevil ) .... if they did then it's bad , for Doflamingo they send Fujitora + 2 VAs , for Hancock they send Coby and possibly Fujitora was going there too

For Buggy they sent VA Stainless even

For me the right way to deal with former Warlords is to capture them except Mihawk , who is not worth it to capture

- Buggy and crew should be captured , by Veteran lvl VA(s)
- for Hancock i'm gonna send Rear Admirals like Coby , Vice Admirals - Momonga - Doberman - Onigumo , Chaton or Momousagi
- for Weevil i'm gonna send an Admiral
- Kuma idk what happened to him , but he was already controlled by a CD

Attempting to capture all warlords at the same time is a bold and plain stupid move, especially atm, imo. It fits Sakazuki though.

Whatever the Alabasta incident is all about, it's so huge that according to Garp/Koby the entirety of the Marines forces have to be utilized in trying to solve this. Whatever happened is huge!

I can think about Kingdoms starting war against each other, or WG ordering a buster call.

Still, I understand that the WG has to show the world that they're the leading force, but why split your resources any further to capture the Shichibukai?
  • Mihawk cut down like 50 ships after a nap, what are 9 battleships going to do to him?
  • Same for Weevil
Those two are going to wreck the forces. Why not simply send 3× your forces to amazon lily knowing that Boa will not be going nowhere, otherwise her kingdom is getting nuked.

Capturing one Shichibukai is more then enough to prove a point.

The Marines are currently dealing with
  • Alabasta incident
  • Capturing the former warlords
  • Yonkou alliance
  • Protecting the holy land that was just attacked.

For me the right way to deal with former Warlords is to capture them except Mihawk , who is not worth it to capture
I would go against Mihawk after taking on the other Shichibukai. First I would send my force against Boa,Buggy and Weevil. After I take down all of these, I would send two admirals+army to take on Mihawk.

The navy under Akainu make a dumb move, sending fodder to Mihawk or Weevil isn't enough... And they choice was bad aswell, they should wait more until they take on the Shichibukai.

Non serious answer
Have Kizaru carry Sugar, so she can touch Buggy, Wivel and so on to be turn into toys.

Then send in 2 admirals to destroy Hawkeye. One admiral and several vice admirals to defeat Hancock.

Serious answer
Gotta wait and see because Fugitoria has a lot of faith in Vegepunk's new weapon.

Keeping Mihawk was like keeping a lazy Yonko in the Navy's forces. now they have to deal with Mihawk, Dragon, the 4 Yonko and the WG combined. the good news is that these forces are fighting and destroying each other already, from WG attacking Kaido and BM to BB attacking Dragon and Shanks too. to Shanks snitching as well. the Navy can just sit and watch until EoS.

In my opinion, I still think abolishing the shichibukai system was a huge mistake right now... Akainu was right when he showed himsef against it, and Fujitora was wrong. Things are clearly heating up. Two yonkous just formed an alliance, not to mention Luffy’s gonna be a real threat sooner than they expect. The WG couldn’t afford to lose the shichibukai right now...They should have waited for another reverie.

After it is decided, though, I don’t know if they’re in a hurry to “catch them all” before kaido and mama go ham on them, or what...

Last edited:
We all know that after the Warlord system was officially abolished during the Reverie that marines troops were sent after the now ex-warlords to hunt them down and either capture or kill them. However these troops seem to be particulary underpowered against very powerful fighters such as Mihawk, Weevil and Hancock and there were no signs of the admirals or elite VAs or new Pacifistas going after the warlords.

In your opinion how should the WG have dealt with the warlords ? What would have been your plan to capture or eliminate them ?
I think those were just warning shots tbh. Akainu stated they don't have the manpower to deal with everything and he disagreed with abolishing the Shichibukai.

Pretty sure WG just wanted to end it all at once but they sure forgot the power that each Shichibukai possess. They were right about making the first move before any warnings but made a huge miscalculations regarding the measures to deal them with. :kata:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Non serious answer
Have Kizaru carry Sugar, so she can touch Buggy, Wivel and so on to be turn into toys.

Then send in 2 admirals to destroy Hawkeye. One admiral and several vice admirals to defeat Hancock.

Serious answer
Gotta wait and see because Fugitoria has a lot of faith in Vegepunk's new weapon.
I like the non serious answer way more...

The thing is they should've only dealt with Weevil, Hancock and Buggy. Mihawk is a complete waste of power because even if they sent 2 admirals it's not guaranteed that they'll be able to bring him back.

Even Rayleigh was capable of escaping Kizaru without even a single scratch. Mihawk should be capable of escaping anything the navy throws at him. Except if they sent all 3 admirals but then that'd be overkill.

Personally I think pursing the warlords is a mistake. It's fine to remove their status, but I would have just left them as wanted criminals. To have the WG go after these guys when there are other problems to attend to feels odd. Unless there is a reason for it that we don't know about yet.

Personally I think pursing the warlords is a mistake. It's fine to remove their status, but I would have just left them as wanted criminals. To have the WG go after these guys when there are other problems to attend to feels odd. Unless there is a reason for it that we don't know about yet.
I know right what they should be doing is dealing with Big Mom, Kaido and the members of the Worst Generation. The warlords are dangerous but compared to what the Yonko and the Worst Generation are about to do the Warlords are saints.

I wouldn't have attacked the Shichibukai at all... in fact if I wanted to end the system I'd simply not appoint any new members into the group and let it fade away naturally with time. I'd be far more strict with the remaining ones going after them one by one whenever they break any of the rules... just dropping them makes the Government look bad and adds more enemies for them.