How strong is Houken army ?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
They can beat some strong armies actually.

Shoumou was the strongest offensive power in Zhao at the time, we can assume that excludes Bananji who was exclusively fighting the Xiongnu, Gyou’Un and Shibashou who were not really active Zhao Generals. Still, strongest offensive power in a large state like Zhao is big hype.

Rihaku was famous throughout all China, he had defended a castle of 7,000 men from a Yan army of 50,000 so his defense is very strong.

Fuuki was described as “extremely brilliant” by Ouki, so………..

Chousou was also a dangerous and competent strategist,

Kouson Ryuu is a veteran general with no weaknesses,

And Mangoku is aight.

With a martial monster like Houken at their command, they can defeat some top tier armies. Some armies I would assume they can beat:

Gokei’s Dakan Plains army: Gokei is tactically above every Zhao commander here but they will not get rolled over like Duke Hyou did, they will at least be smart enough to retreat/pull back from some of Gokei’s crazier tactics like the War Chariots and such. And of course the big issue is that Gokei has no one who can stand up to Houken.

Keisha’s KokuYou Hills army: I’m not sure why Keisha’s instincts will really be able to accomplish when the main threat of this army is that they have Houken who can roll over any of Keisha’s commanders/offensive attempts. Keisha can’t lead personal charges against this army or he risks getting negged by Houken.

Ordo’s Coalition Army? This one is a question mark as we still don’t know Ordo’s full strength.

And other similarly powered armies.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
They can beat some strong armies actually.

Shoumou was the strongest offensive power in Zhao at the time, we can assume that excludes Bananji who was exclusively fighting the Xiongnu, Gyou’Un and Shibashou who were not really active Zhao Generals. Still, strongest offensive power in a large state like Zhao is big hype.

Rihaku was famous throughout all China, he had defended a castle of 7,000 men from a Yan army of 50,000 so his defense is very strong.

Fuuki was described as “extremely brilliant” by Ouki, so………..

Chousou was also a dangerous and competent strategist,

Kouson Ryuu is a veteran general with no weaknesses,

And Mangoku is aight.

With a martial monster like Houken at their command, they can defeat some top tier armies. Some armies I would assume they can beat:

Gokei’s Dakan Plains army: Gokei is tactically above every Zhao commander here but they will not get rolled over like Duke Hyou did, they will at least be smart enough to retreat/pull back from some of Gokei’s crazier tactics like the War Chariots and such. And of course the big issue is that Gokei has no one who can stand up to Houken.

Keisha’s KokuYou Hills army: I’m not sure why Keisha’s instincts will really be able to accomplish when the main threat of this army is that they have Houken who can roll over any of Keisha’s commanders/offensive attempts. Keisha can’t lead personal charges against this army or he risks getting negged by Houken.

Ordo’s Coalition Army? This one is a question mark as we still don’t know Ordo’s full strength.

And other similarly powered armies.
They can beat FD armies ? Or some Q6 armies ?

I would like to see them against Tou army

They would beat Gaimou and co in my book

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
They can beat FD armies ? Or some Q6 armies ?
Doubt it. I think Ouki showed what would happen if they faced truly top tier generals, they would be defeated. The only reason I gave them the nod over Gokei is because Gokei who has no warriors who can take Houken but otherwise Gokei would defeat them. Give Gokei Gaimou as a sub and he wins.

They would beat Gaimou and co in my book
Like the Chiyoyou Fire Dragons? Nah I think the Fire Dragons take that. Gaimou vs Houken is close enough that with Rei Ou and Shi Ei added in, I don’t think Zhao is taking that.

A force to be reckoned with. Though generals like Rihaku and Kou son Ryuu have been outperformed they are still very skilled generals with experience. Mangoku is among the most dangerous generals we've seen in the series, his level of hostility was unparalleled.

There's also the fact that Rihaku is still alive and currently posted at Riboku's great wall, so I'm curious as to how his performance is going to be when we see him again.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Doubt it. I think Ouki showed what would happen if they faced truly top tier generals, they would be defeated. The only reason I gave them the nod over Gokei is because Gokei who has no warriors who can take Houken but otherwise Gokei would defeat them. Give Gokei Gaimou as a sub and he wins.

Like the Chiyoyou Fire Dragons? Nah I think the Fire Dragons take that. Gaimou vs Houken is close enough that with Rei Ou and Shi Ei added in, I don’t think Zhao is taking that.
Was talking about Gaimou army or Earl Army separately not all the FD at the same time

Tou army vs Houken army can be wild martial art wise. Tou outbrain everyone while they are not as strong martial art wise.

About Ouki part : Shoumou was already dead, Houken was busy with the monster bird and Tou was there too.

Ouki + Tou is not the same thing as Tou alone

Houken is a monster, and Rokuomi can pull a Tou here against Chou Sou.

That's a really strong force for sure!

I always thought highly of Rihaku. The Moubu army was just unstoppable. Same for Ouki one shotting Shomou. Very bad matchup and per Ouki Fuuki is no pushover either.

I really liked Chousou as well. Despite the level of pressure and opponents he faced he actually did his job admirably.

They were all really just put against the best of the best.

With equal numbers and in a gauntlet, i would say the strongest they could defeat is Moubu/Tou/Gohoumei/Duke Hyo.

Of those who i recall: Ousen, Rinshoujo, Renpa, Kanki and the Juuko armies win assuming they have all of their commanders.

With equal numbers and in a gauntlet, i would say the strongest they could defeat is Moubu/Tou/Gohoumei/Duke Hyo.

Of those who i recall: Ousen, Rinshoujo, Renpa, Kanki and the Juuko armies win assuming they have all of their commanders.
- Moubu army is definitely losing until we get some decent officers.
- Tou stalls Houken and the rest of the Ouki remnants stand no chance imo. Nobody can stop Shoumou. Chousou, Fuuki and Rihaku are superior to Kanou, Ryuukoku etc.
- Agree with Gohoumei
- Houken slays Duke. Rest is easy.

I'd say Kanki is debatable. Like, they ain't jumping Houken. Houken jumps them lol.

In the end I think Houken slays Tou

But Tou is smarter than anyone on Houken side
That's debatable. Tou is such a mystery and he must carry a shit ton of weight tbh.

I think the Tou army will lose because Tou will have all hands full with Houken and he can't leave him unchecked otherwise Houken slays every commander himself. If Tou is in battle he can't analyse the battle and call out the enemy's tactics

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
That's debatable. Tou is such a mystery and he must carry a shit ton of weight tbh.

I think the Tou army will lose because Tou will have all hands full with Houken and he can't leave him unchecked otherwise Houken slays every commander himself. If Tou is in battle he can't analyse the battle and call out the enemy's tactics
He can maybe make a solid plan before hand and keep Houken busy enough for the others to carry it

But overall I agree : other commanders outside of Houken aren’t half bad either and can hold their ground

Duke had weight and was beaten without a shit ton of difficulty

I think to beat Houken you need great weight + being a martial monster

I don’t know if Tou is there or not. Tou is a extremely strong but I don’t put him in the monster category (Renpa, Ouki, Moubu etc)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Was talking about Gaimou army or Earl Army separately not all the FD at the same time

Tou army vs Houken army can be wild martial art wise. Tou outbrain everyone while they are not as strong martial art wise.

About Ouki part : Shoumou was already dead, Houken was busy with the monster bird and Tou was there too.

Ouki + Tou is not the same thing as Tou alone

Houken is a monster, and Rokuomi can pull a Tou here against Chou Sou.
Oh I see. Against the individual Fire Dragons, this army wins. Against Tou it would be a tough match that would ultimately come down to whether or not Tou beats Houken, and I favor Houken in that matchup.

Not sure Rokuomi can body Chousou as hard as Tou did, in fact I doubt it. Chousou overall is probably ~ Rokuomi, Rokuomi can’t overpower him Tou style.

He can maybe make a solid plan before hand and keep Houken busy enough for the others to carry it

But overall I agree : other commanders outside of Houken aren’t half bad either and can hold their ground

Duke had weight and was beaten without a shit ton of difficulty

I think to beat Houken you need great weight + being a martial monster

I don’t know if Tou is there or not. Tou is a extremely strong but I don’t put him in the monster category (Renpa, Ouki, Moubu etc)
That's fair. I always thought the Ouki army is pretty mid tbh. Rokuoumi is aight. Can probably slay Mangoku after a very hard fight.
The rest are definitely far inferior to their counter parts in the Zhao army.

Shoumou, Rihaku and Kou Son Ryuu actually have some decent hype to them. They have a good balance of offence and defense.

Uff without Renpa it's too much. Kaishibou takes Shoumou. Genpou is a beast and by far the best strategist and I'm a Kyouen fanboy, dude's OP.

Rinko absolutely breaks through Rihaku's defense and slays him imo. Genpou and Kyouen own Fuuki and Chousou. Kaishibou stalls Shoumou.

But nobody can take Houken, that's just too much.

Uff without Renpa it's too much. Kaishibou takes Shoumou. Genpou is a beast and by far the best strategist and I'm a Kyouen fanboy, dude's OP.

Rinko absolutely breaks through Rihaku's defense and slays him imo. Genpou and Kyouen own Fuuki and Chousou. Kaishibou stalls Shoumou.

But nobody can take Houken, that's just too much.
around Zoro level should be accurate :risicheck:

Yeah but I think Kyou En warfare, fighting distance with bow can bother him a lot

Sale with Genpou plans

But I can see Houken team winning but in an harder fight than against Tou team
With Renpa they're getting washed, no doubt. I might actually think the Renpa army is the strongest period. All of the HK's are just broken.
Honestly, with Genpou's strategies if they manage to get rid of one or two Generals before Houken joins the battle it gets interesting. Houken probably sleeps somewhere until he decides to purge someone.
around Zoro level should be accurate :risicheck:
We don't do that in this section
:gonope: