Questions & Mysteries How Sukuna’s power increases with finger consumption

Is it as simple as eating a finger just adds a static amount of power to Sukuna? So 1F Sukuna is 1/20th of his max power, 2F Sukuna is 2/20th, 3F Sukuna is 3/20th etc. The problem with this is Gojo implied the fingers are growing stronger, and that wouldn’t make sense if it was just a static increase in power.

I’ve thought of another way it could work. What if, whenever Yuji/Sukuna eats a finger, Sukuna’s power is evenly divided between however many vessels of his power are remaining. So for example, before Yuji ate a finger, Sukuna’s power was evenly split between all 20 fingers. When Yuji ate the first finger, he got 1/20th of Sukuna’s power because there were still 20 vessels of Sukuna’s power (19 fingers + Yuji). When Yuji ate the 2nd finger, instead of gaining another 5% of Sukuna’s power to reach a total of 10%, Sukuna’s power got split between his 19 remaining vessels (18 fingers + Yuji). Meaning eating the 2nd finger increased Sukuna’s power from 1/20th of his max power to 1/19th? When Sukuna ate the 3rd finger, he would therefore be at 1/18th of his max power and his 17 remaining fingers would also individually host 1/18th of Sukuna. So when Yuji acquired 15 fingers, that would mean that Sukuna is at 1/6th of his max power, with the remaining 5 fingers individually hosting 1/6th of his power. So when Yuji acquires 19 fingers, that would mean Sukuna is at half of his full strength and the last remaining finger has the other half of his power

Sukuna could have programmed his fingers to work this way so that if one is somehow destroyed, he wouldn’t lose any piece of his soul. That power would just be split between the remaining fingers, and that way Sukuna doesn’t lose any power unless all his fingers are destroyed (in which case he dies obviously)

Is it as simple as eating a finger just adds a static amount of power to Sukuna? So 1F Sukuna is 1/20th of his max power, 2F Sukuna is 2/20th, 3F Sukuna is 3/20th etc. The problem with this is Gojo implied the fingers are growing stronger, and that wouldn’t make sense if it was just a static increase in power.

I’ve thought of another way it could work. What if, whenever Yuji/Sukuna eats a finger, Sukuna’s power is evenly divided between however many vessels of his power are remaining. So for example, before Yuji ate a finger, Sukuna’s power was evenly split between all 20 fingers. When Yuji ate the first finger, he got 1/20th of Sukuna’s power because there were still 20 vessels of Sukuna’s power (19 fingers + Yuji). When Yuji ate the 2nd finger, instead of gaining another 5% of Sukuna’s power to reach a total of 10%, Sukuna’s power got split between his 19 remaining vessels (18 fingers + Yuji). Meaning eating the 2nd finger increased Sukuna’s power from 1/20th of his max power to 1/19th? When Sukuna ate the 3rd finger, he would therefore be at 1/18th of his max power and his 17 remaining fingers would also individually host 1/18th of Sukuna. So when Yuji acquired 15 fingers, that would mean that Sukuna is at 1/6th of his max power, with the remaining 5 fingers individually hosting 1/6th of his power. So when Yuji acquires 19 fingers, that would mean Sukuna is at half of his full strength and the last remaining finger has the other half of his power

Sukuna could have programmed his fingers to work this way so that if one is somehow destroyed, he wouldn’t lose any piece of his soul. That power would just be split between the remaining fingers, and that way Sukuna doesn’t lose any power unless all his fingers are destroyed (in which case he dies obviously)
That sounds interesting and it would make sense seeing how both the fingers and Yuji himself are considered "vessels". Or maybe there are some fixed %s, who knoes. The only thing clear is the fact that each finger adds more than a 5% of his Power.

I agree that it probably isn't a case of simple addition (1 finger + 1 finger = 5% of his power + 5%)
And adding Megumi's comments on hiw the Womb he faced solo is stronger than the one Yuji and him encountered add credence to it.

I agree that it probably isn't a case of simple addition (1 finger + 1 finger = 5% of his power + 5%)
And adding Megumi's comments on hiw the Womb he faced solo is stronger than the one Yuji and him encountered add credence to it.
Gojobros are done for if this theory is right lol. If 15F Sukuna was actually just a mere 1/6th of his full strength, Gojo gets slapped by 20F Sukuna lol

Gojobros are done for if this theory is right lol. If 15F Sukuna was actually just a mere 1/6th of his full strength, Gojo gets slapped by 20F Sukuna lol
Oh, I didn't say I agreed with your proposal on how the powers work btw lol. The last finger being worth 50% of his strength would be too much
There's certainly a catch to how the fingers accumulate power, but we'll have to see if it's ever explained

From a story perspective Gojo shouldn't be stronger than Sukuna tbh. Mostly because it would take away all of the tension. However, how would they defeat Sukuna and destroy Itadori when he eats all 20 fingers? But anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself lol, this ain't the thread

Oh, I didn't say I agreed with your proposal on how the powers work btw lol. The last finger being worth 50% of his strength would be too much
There's certainly a catch to how the fingers accumulate power, but we'll have to see if it's ever explained
There could be another way it works, but I can’t think of any other way that doesn’t sound completely arbitrary

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I agree that the last finger likely worth more than 1/20th

It will complete Sukuna : make him 4 arms, full form, and full power.

and it’s a manga : full form is always > form from before and in a non linear way

So I think full power 20 fingers Sukuna is at least 20/30% stronger than 19 fingers