Theory How tf pound is alive

I know it's dissapointing that pound is still alive after get sliced by flaming glaive. Tbh man, I'm dissapointed too.

But there's some interesting theory if you really give a mind to this.

If you're the one that can't take that pound is still alive and hate this situation, im suggesting you better stop reading this
If you're really curious on how pound is still alive, you may proceed

Let's get started then.
Remember when pound was get stabbed by randolph's flying spear? It seems like it was small thing to pound so that he ask casually to luffy and the other to pull the spear. I not really like it but it seems pound has thick skin to begin with and as we know pound size is so big. I believe a big slash could not cut him in a half.

Next, but how can he survive that super hot flaming glaive?? Well it's the other way around. He survive because he get cutted by flaming glaive. If you really like action movie or maybe you're a medical expert you might know why.

CAUTERIZATION. Cauterization is medical practice or technique that can stop the bleeding by burning a wound. Cauterization stop the bleeding because extreme heat source essentially melt or seal the wound and the blood vessel in and around it closed.

If pound was cutted by a mere glaive i'm sure he is dead because lossing blood or get the infection

P.S:
Still, i like and don't like that pound is alive at the same time. Why? Because it can impact and spoil on the pedro's plot here. If you ask me about pedro, im 99% sure he is dead at this time.

Last edited:
The moment I saw that this theory was posted, I thought "idiot Oven probably cauterized the wounds." I'm super glad to see we were on the same wavelength.

I don't think it's really fair or very kind to tell people to stop believing in Pedro, though. I don't believe in him being alive myself, but knowing Oda, there's always a way.

The moment I saw that this theory was posted, I thought "idiot Oven probably cauterized the wounds." I'm super glad to see we were on the same wavelength.

I don't think it's really fair or very kind to tell people to stop believing in Pedro, though. I don't believe in him being alive myself, but knowing Oda, there's always a way.
Sorry about that. I'm just saying he is dead. I'm not saying he can't comeback hahaha

Last edited:
Cauterization isn't the same as being slashed by a flaming blade bigger than your neck that is arguably aiming to behead you. If Pound somehow had all of the big wounds he should have received cauterized (including a cut jugular) he would still have to survive the burns, the infections and the shock from being slashed and the pain of the cauterization itself.

Now, I seriously doubt Oda will follow the cauterization route, basically because there's a significant difference between applying a hot surface to close small wounds and being slashed by a three meters-long (if not longer) flaming blade that was dripping blood after the attack. He will simply force us to assume that Oven was stupid enough to leave him alive and end of story.

Cauterization isn't the same as being slashed by a flaming blade bigger than your neck that is arguably aiming to behead you. If Pound somehow had all of the big wounds he should have received cauterized (including a cut jugular) he would still have to survive the burns, the infections and the shock from being slashed and the pain of the cauterization itself.

Now, I seriously doubt Oda will follow the cauterization route, basically because there's a significant difference between applying a hot surface to close small wounds and being slashed by a three meters-long (if not longer) flaming blade that was dripping blood after the attack. He will simply force us to assume that Oven was stupid enough to leave him alive and end of story.
We didn't see the wound or its location yet though