Questions & Mysteries How would you redeem Yamcha?

To make it clear, the "power level" ship has sailed. It's been clear since the Saiyan Arc the Z-Fighters of DB from (excluding Piccolo) would amount to cannon fodder going forward.

For me, I'd ship him with Tights. Bulma leaves Yamcha for the man who killed him? Well, Yamcha moves on to her hotter sister. If Trunks and Mai can be a thing, so could they.

Last edited:
Well if I was rewriting Yamcha then I would make him learn transformation magic from Puar then perhaps have Fortune-teller Baba as a mentor of more advanced transformation magic. Also, make the man keep his scimitar, that thing was cool. Lol.

Add a bit more focus on his more criminalistic tendencies like the fact he supposedly lived as a bandit for most of his life and now Yamcha is reborn as an underhanded, highly unpredictable, shape shifting swordsman.

If you want to talk Yamcha pairings then him and Launch. Let the kleptomaniac criminals of the gang be together forever. :catpole:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
To make it clear, the "power level" ship has sailed. It's been clear since the Saiyan Arc the Z-Fighters of DB from (excluding Piccolo) would amount to cannon fodder going forward.

For me, I'd ship him with Tights. Bulma leaves Yamcha for the man who killed him? Well, Yamcha moves on to her hotter sister. If Trunks and Mai can be a thing, so could they.
I just came in to say that he needs a wife and then I read your post. Lmao coincidance.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
let him shine in an arc by being clever and sneaky. Maybe a future antagonist has ulterior motives beyond “defeat the Z fighters” and Yamcha uncovers it.

That way he’s useful but not getting a zenkai boost that puts him from Captain Ginyu’s league to God Tier.

Yamcha already won, he don't need to deal with a nagging wife and kids and he had Bulma in her teens/early twenties.

Vegeta wifed her up long after Yamcha was done with her lmao, also he's stronger than 99,9% of everyone on the planet, he's the third strongest human, he could easily be the best at any sport he chooses, earn a ton of cash and live the good life.

Have him undertake some special training without making it look like too PISssy of a situation and improving his personality and attitude.

Have him undertake some special training without making it look like too PISssy of a situation and improving his personality and attitude.
If Frieza's Toriyama handjob puts him ahead of Buuhan, why not Yamcha?

But in all seriousness, the Buu Arc was Yamcha at his best. Alongside Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu, he is regulated into a background character who is stronger than 99.99% of humans, just like Yajirobe.

All Yamcha needs is a remedy for his Bulma split.

Anyways a way to redeem Yamcha would be to use a run of 2 or 3 arcs where he gets a run of good luck and analytical/tactical skills. Maybe where he even surprises Piccolo which will be a first.

Though his usefulness has long expired the moment DBZ started and moved to a background character and gag/funny moments

isnt he the 5th?
Android 17 and 18 are first and second
Krillin would be third
Tien is ahead of Yamcha for fourth

Though his 5th place is at risk with Uub
17 and 18 aren't humans, they might have been at one point but no one in the series considers them such. Therefore Yamcha is 3rd strongest.

Uub is technically the strongest human but he's also the reincarnation of a cosmic demon so let's stick to actual humans like Krillin and Tien, Yamcha is 3rd strongest for that reason.