Versus Battle HxH vs AOT vs FMA brotherhood

Which one is the best ?

• Total voters
Fullmetal Alchemist is my perfect shonen. Tight plot thoughout, strong characterisation, mixes humour and serious scenes well, great fighting scenes, consistently good art.

AoT has really impressed me. I started reading it back when around when first season came out, caught up to the manga at the military police arc where Levi’s uncle turned out to be a serial killer Clint Eastwood and then gave up on it for years. Seen folk raving about it here, decided to pick it back up a month or two ago and yeah, it is really, really good. Turns out the bit I gave up at was the period where the author has actually siad is the weakest part of it and he’s not too happy about it himself.

I hate HxH. Pretentious garbage with soulless characters. The best character is Leorio, who never appears, and the relationship between Meruem and the runny nose girl, which was nothing too original but at least managed to make me care about them. And maybe Knuckles and Morel. Gon, Killua, Hisoka, Neturo, Kurapika, all the rest, do not give a fuck about. Kite died, and I just... did not care. Neturo, ditto. Also Nen might be really well defined... but as a result it’s also really, really boring to me. I am not a hard magic guy. And his painful exposition, jesus. “I will now explain options A, B and C available to you.” Nothing bores me more than when I see pages like this:

Also, there’s the more than occasional shit scribble

Yh even the dumbest HxH characters are geniuses.
Indeed and it just seems unrealistic that literally every character is genius like there needs to be some variety in the character traits presented as if everyone is smart then it takes away that character detail

Indeed and it just seems unrealistic that literally every character is genius like there needs to be some variety in the character traits presented as if everyone is smart then it takes away that character detail
I mean doesn't hurt if the entire verse is competent. It makes it more interesting. I'd rather that then every character (including smart ones) being incompetent like the OPverse.

HxH- started out boring but slowly reached peak...gold
AOT- very good/solid animation/solid ost but somehow I don't like series that goes too dark with tragic ending....gold but not my cup of tea...
FMAB....watched only few episodes but didn't like it much....

Tricky
FMA is great from start to finish a consistent 8 or 9 out 10
While HxH has arcs and moments that reach 10/10 and are better than Fma it also has some arcs like the hunter exam or greed island where i have to ask what the fuck are you doing Togashi? :whitepress:
Fma > HXH
Aot has one more chapter
That could put it above FMA or below HxH
I will wait for that

Tricky
FMA is great from start to finish a consistent 8 or 9 out 10
While HxH has arcs and moments that reach 10/10 and are better than Fma it also has some arcs like the hunter exam or greed island where i have to ask what the fuck are you doing Togashi? :whitepress:
Fma > HXH
Aot has one more chapter
That could put it above FMA or below HxH
I will wait for that
Greed Island ugh

I almost cut the Anime because of this Arc

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Greed Island ugh

I almost cut the Anime because of this Arc
that was the weakest arc by far I agree, except some Bisky moments, the dodgeball game or some Phantom troupe the rest was meh

But Chimera ants, Chairman election and Yorknew are great

But I am not a huge fan of Gon or Killian. Kurapika or Leo are better for me

Ofc Hxh, the chimera arc is one of the best which I ever see in a anime/manga, well writing and great story.
Overall I like the worldbuilding in hxh, AoT was only few seasons good, the last two where boring,lackluster and full of plotholes asf.
FMAB was also great but still under HxH.

Hxh>FMAB>AoT(that would be my own version, however since hxh couldn´t finish his work):
FMAB>Hxh>AoT

that was the weakest arc by far I agree, except some Bisky moments, the dodgeball game or some Phantom troupe the rest was meh

But Chimera ants, Chairman election and Yorknew are great

But I am not a huge fan of Gon or Killian. Kurapika or Leo are better for me
I kind of disagree with Chimera ants Arc

While Meruem was great,anything before he was born was slow.First 1/3 of the Arc was pretty meh,the other 2/3 was great.Ending was top-notch

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
While Meruem was great,anything before he was born was slow.First 1/3 of the Arc was pretty meh,the other 2/3 was great.Ending was top-notch
Even if you think only the 2/3 are great and the end was amazing it already make it a great arc overall

the weakest part of the arc for me is the Knuckle and Shoot fight with Gon and Killua.

I kinda liked Pamu crazyness and the "date".

But during the first part we saw lower chimeras eating humans and Gon, Killua and Kite first interactions with chimeras, those were good moments.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
AoT endiing is to garbage to beeing better then FMAB who have a perfect ending and overall great writing story.
But for me AOT overall story is better and has better moments. The story was amazing from the beginning to like 10 chapters ago.

But yeah FMA is one of the rare manga who is good from beginning to end.

But for me AOT overall story is better and has better moments. The story was amazing from the beginning to like 10 chapters ago.
For me the manga begin to fall in the middle of the story, to many pointless point, someone as Reina who was the reason that so many people died get became the friend of them(like Obito in Naruto), Misaka and Armin beeing fucking traitors, to slow story and a rapidly change with stuff who doesn´t much sense, then characters like Gabi who overall make iit hard to read the manga.
I love AoT in the past too but I drop it in the middle of the story, caught up with the last chapter and be happy that I drop it already in the past, that ending is really bad.

FMAB has anything, great characters with great building, great worldbuilding who explain the lore of the manga, great villians , great brutality and deaths, great plotwists, great battles and the best, they have a great ending which multiple manga fail to get(as Naruto,Bleach and co)...

In compare to AoT, FMAB had anything and even better then AoT, in my opinion the characters and the worldbuilding was far better, the story not became lackluster in the middle of the manga of AoT. Amazing soundstracks, I like hxh a lot but FMAB is just the best of these three in my opinion.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Their is no reason to put FMA under AoT.
The one have overall a complete better story while the other complete fail in the middle of the story.
But it seems like every one has his own opinion with make it okay^^
Obviously each like their own things but I think the peaks and best moments in AOT are superior to the peaks and best moments in FMA or HxH.

Fullmetal Alchemist is my perfect shonen. Tight plot thoughout, strong characterisation, mixes humour and serious scenes well, great fighting scenes, consistently good art.

AoT has really impressed me. I started reading it back when around when first season came out, caught up to the manga at the military police arc where Levi’s uncle turned out to be a serial killer Clint Eastwood and then gave up on it for years. Seen folk raving about it here, decided to pick it back up a month or two ago and yeah, it is really, really good. Turns out the bit I gave up at was the period where the author has actually siad is the weakest part of it and he’s not too happy about it himself.

I hate HxH. Pretentious garbage with soulless characters. The best character is Leorio, who never appears, and the relationship between Meruem and the runny nose girl, which was nothing too original but at least managed to make me care about them. And maybe Knuckles and Morel. Gon, Killua, Hisoka, Neturo, Kurapika, all the rest, do not give a fuck about. Kite died, and I just... did not care. Neturo, ditto. Also Nen might be really well defined... but as a result it’s also really, really boring to me. I am not a hard magic guy. And his painful exposition, jesus. “I will now explain options A, B and C available to you.” Nothing bores me more than when I see pages like this:

Also, there’s the more than occasional shit scribble
What was it that changed with AoT for you? I remember you saying that you didn't like basically anything about it, despite having read what's now over half the series.