General & Others Hypocrisy regarding Kidd's defeat

Anyone else remember back when the entire fandom was mocking Kidd for losing for Kaido?
Saying he is a failure and a joke and mocking him for thinking he could defeat Shanks? Making up all those headcanons about how his crew abandoned him which turned out to be completely false?
Later on Luffy also gets wrecked by Kaido and what is the reaction? Did Luffy get mocked by the Fanbase in a similar way? Did people call him a failure for it?

No, nobody called him those things, nobody said shit about him. Instead everyone just said "of course, a Yonko is just that strong"

Why the fucking double standards? Why is Luffy allowed to get fucked up by a Yonko but when it happens to Kidd then all of you mocked him? Why?

It is bullshit

Anyone else remember back when the entire fandom was mocking Kidd for losing for Kaido?
Saying he is a failure and a joke and mocking him for thinking he could defeat Shanks? Making up all those headcanons about how his crew abandoned him which turned out to be completely false?
Later on Luffy also gets wrecked by Kaido and what is the reaction? Did Luffy get mocked by the Fanbase in a similar way? Did people call him a failure for it?

No, nobody called him those things, nobody said shit about him. Instead everyone just said "of course, a Yonko is just that strong"

Why the fucking double standards? Why is Luffy allowed to get fucked up by a Yonko but when it happens to Kidd then all of you mocked him? Why?

It is bullshit
Yeah double standards are a thing, kidid basically went into the nw with hard mode on, got no benefit of training with rogers first mate or the wss and grew stronger with battles, as rayleigh said thats how you beef up the most.
He did the same shit as luffy but with no plotshield,therefore he lost his arm to shanks and lost to kaido. I wouldnt be surprised if with the way oda is portraying him rn he is luffys equal or near it. Im certain he has luffys advanced coa that he just learned.

It is bullshit
I really don't know.
I don't think Luffy fans are insecure of Kidd, he's the fuckin MC after all, while Kidd barely has had some screen time

Yeah double standards are a thing, kidid basically went into the nw with hard mode on, got no benefit of training with rogers first mate or the wss and grew stronger with battles, as rayleigh said thats how you beef up the most.
He did the same shit as luffy but with no plotshield,therefore he lost his arm to shanks and lost to kaido. I wouldnt be surprised if with the way oda is portraying him rn he is luffys equal or near it. Im certain he has luffys advanced coa that he just learned.
He is basically the most "Luffy" out of all the other supernovas besides Luffy himself, just going all out and getting in the face of people much more powerful than him and getting right back up when he gets knocked down.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Well Oda is making the Scabbards looking stronter than the Supernova

I think this might be the case if we are talking about a top Scabbard vs an average nova but Kidd is definitely more powerful than Kin'emon or Ashura etc.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
From what I remember Luffy getting trashed by Kaido set off most people (except the die hard Luffy fanboys) into an orgy of ecstasy. Not sure where the double standard is.

Also all Kid has ever done is lose so it's easier to mock him. There's no response to it. He doesn't have any great victories under his belt. All people can say in reply is that he's stood next to Luffy a couple of times and hope that he isn't overshadowed too much in the final fight against Kaido.

Well, after reading some of the stuff people on these boards say, I'm not surprised one bit.

But Oda has given every indication that Kidd is luffys rival, I guess fans just wouldn't accept that since Luffy is more liked character.

It's kind of like many fans hated Sasuke and wanted Naruto to beat his ass, but the author decides to make them equals.

S

SinOfGreed

All I remember when Luffy got one shot was people ripping into him lmao.

In fact, the main characters are prone to this even worse than the likes of Kid. Just go back recently to 980 when all that shit with Apoo happened. Large portions of the fandom were ripping into Zoro and Luffy like crazy.

It is bullshit
It's not double standards. Even if Luffy lost he has enough rep of defeating 3YC level dudes in less than a few months. That's is enough to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can bridge that gap with time. Kidd on the other hand has nothing to show in the two years+ he has been in the new world. Without Luffy coming to Wano can you honestly Kidd would end up getting his revenge?

uh No one I recall mocked him for losing to kaido
a lot of the flame started when some fans continue to hold kid above or equal to luffy with feats while having portrayal like this

however to his defence, he didnt want any smoke with bmp anyway, just wanted to take something.

Post automatically merged:

But kid was betrayed by apoo and killer is a mid diff to zoro
that says more about zoro and luffy than killer and kidd tbh.

It is bullshit
lol what are you talking.....do you know there used to be place called 'Oro Jackson" website....you have never seen how much people mocked, berated Luffy when chapter 923 came out...there were even a comments that Luffy ain't even commander level blah blah....

every popular character gets severe backlash for smallest of embarrassments and you except there was no backlash for such a big defeat?...

you didn't see didn't mean it was not there...same thing happened when 938 came out...people mocked Zoro like anything....

The one thing is that Luffy losing came with a guaranteed bounce back. That wasn't the case with Kid, a side character and not a main character, so his defeat looked more serious.

But he bounced back like a whole year ago, so whatever.

Kidd had killer with him. Luffy was solo.
and Kidd fought. Luffy fell instantly.

its the communities obsession with Ls and Ws. paired with a desire to get under each others skin.

glad I do not agree with most and care even less about what others think of my views.
its the only way this fandom remains bareable.

Kidds solid and the ridicule is misplaced.
imo he did better than Luffy in the NW/TS.
he did not need a former top tiers guidance to get ahead. Luffy gets everything delivered on a silver platter. Kidd is Luffy without plotarmor.

and Kidd fought.
Kidd fought and Luffy fought. How do you know how the fight went??

he did not need a former top tiers guidance to get ahead.
that is same for rest of other SN bar Luffy and Zoro....they didn't have any "guidance"

Luffy gets everything delivered on a silver platter.
yes, Luffy didn't train to achieve haki/didn't fight animals to achieve G4 and stuff....everything got delivered to him on silver platter....he basically had jungle tour during two years...

whatever Kidd did in 2 years is no different than whatever Luffy did from ID/MF while rest of the SN along with Kidd chiling and enjoying war.......