Character Discussion I genuinely don't understand why do people hate Akainu so much

It seems like most people hate Akainu because he's the "bad guy", even after we've been told time and time again that good and evil aren't objective concepts in the OP world, and that no one is really right or wrong

I can't help but feel like most people hate Akainu because he's "not cool", intimidating and cold-hearted, even if his actions aren't really that bad. When you look at it, pirates are mostly scum, and generally much worse than Akainu. Akainu might does some despicable things. But in comparison to most pirates who kill, rape and steal for absolutely no reason, he's a saint. He only really kills when he feels like it's the right thing to do - even if it isn't. While most pirates literally kill on a whim when they're bored or in a bad mood even when it serves no purpose. Most pirates just don't have ANY respect for life

Because he is a cheating coward who had to nerf an already deeply sick WB to have a chance against him, despite being a 50 year old man himself.
Most pirates that aren't arc antagonists that we've seen are chaotic neutral, so the "evil pirates" thing doesn't ring true, especially considering it is Luffy taking out all the actual evil pirates in the story, not the marines.

We saw only some cruel aspects of him like his mind games (provoking Ace,lying to Squardo) and his desire to keep fighting even when the battle was basically over,and he was ready to kill Koby. Thats why. Oda clearly wanted to put him in a negative light,wanted us to hate him,but he can also be seen differently of course.

Because he is a cheating coward who had to nerf an already deeply sick WB to have a chance against him, despite being a 50 year old man himself.
Most pirates that aren't arc antagonists that we've seen are chaotic neutral, so the "evil pirates" thing doesn't ring true, especially considering it is Luffy taking out all the actual evil pirates in the story, not the marines.
Your comment is so stupid it's not even worth responding to it's embarrassing argument
Post automatically merged:

We saw only some cruel aspects of him like his mind games (provoking Ace,lying to Squardo) and his desire to keep fighting even when the battle was basically over,and he was ready to kill Koby. Thats why. Oda clearly wanted to put him in a negative light,wanted us to hate him,but he can also be seen differently of course.
The Squardo thing was Sengoku's plan, not Akainu's. Also provoking Ace is simply a valid strategy that can be used in battle to taunt enemies and win. It's Ace's fault for being immature and stupid and not listening to his crew mates warnings

But yeah killing Koby was going a bit too far tbh

Your comment is so stupid it's not even worth responding to it's embarrassing argument

The Squardo thing was Sengoku's plan, not Akainu's. Also provoking Ace is simply a valid strategy that can be used in battle to taunt enemies and win. It's Ace's fault for being immature and stupid and not listening to his crew mates warnings

But yeah killing Koby was going a bit too far tbh
Yeah but Sengoku gave the role to Akainu to talk to Squardo,because he knew he would have been good in this (and Oda did it because of his agenda to show Akainu in a negative light).

There’s no such thing as cheating in war. The Marines tricking Squardo is just as fair game as Jack gassing all the Minks.

The only thing that matters is who won the battle and who lost.
Well gas weapons are considered against the rules in war irl.

Pyrrhic victories that reveal to the public that the pirate that you've hyped up as being ultimate danger, as actually being a noble man who fights more honorably than you, are not good optics, and can and do create revolutionary support.

WB's last words will hold more weight than Akainu's last words, and that is in part due to the way they conduct themselves.

This is a difference between consequential philosophy ( the ends justify the means); vs. deontological philosophy, i.e. the morality of the actions are more important than 1 particular outcome (which is in itself only a snapshot of time).

If in fighting monsters you become a worse monster, then you have failed to further good in the world, whether or not you kill your personal "enemy" or not. If an existential threat arises, you have weakened the world's capacity to fight against it, this can be seen through Blackbeard.

This also ties into inherited will, and the moral, great heroes like Joyboy who has currently "lost" will win through Luffy inheriting his will through time.

Most peope DO NOT hate Akainu
Only some who let Ace getting killed by him affect them along with some tactical moves he did in Marineford like Squard/WB

but generally, he is an enemy the fans keep an eye on him and consider him a real threat, the most lethal in fact…

Ace is my fav character by the way, Akainu is in my top 5 for sure

If there is anyone the fans or people should hate…

it should be Garp… the most stupid character. I just fucking hate him

I’ll never understand tbh maybe cuz he killed a fan favorite and those Oharans but even w that I feel like the hate is overwhelming, that’s how you know he’s a good antagonist. He’s so awesome to me; if there’s anything I blame it’s the celestial dragons for shaping the world as it is, idk what happened in Akainu’s past to make him so passionate and radical but regardless of that it’s the cd’s that enable him to feel justified w his actions under the name of justice. He feels like he’s doing the right thing. Plus I don’t understand why ppl talk about honor when we’re talking about law enforcement fighting against outlaws/criminals in a literal war.