Current Events I kinda liked the end of the Black Maria plotline

Wasn't the most interesting plotline but at the very least, I enjoyed seeing Sanji trust his female nakama this time around and I liked that Sanji wasn't afraid to admit that he's absolutely useless in this instance and that he needs help. I don't mind people calling him pathetic, in or out of verse. It's understandable.

Sanji seems to be placing his faith in Robin this arc to handle Black Maria just like he left Zoro to face Monet. In both situations, he's placing his trust and depending on this member of the crew. Only this time that crewmember was one that was highly underestimated, one he often jumps to assist rather than acknowledge the strength of (like at Fishman Island, he jumps in between Luffy and Jimbei to save her yet she immediately proves she knew exactly what she was doing) and one that was, most importantly, female so it means a lot more for Sanji. It showed he really learnt from the Kalifa situation, in that he listened to Nami and completely let go of the part of his chivalry that prevents him from running away from certain battles like the Kalifa one and this one and that makes him reluctant to ask for help in situations that are within his power but go against his principles. I thought this was an interesting end to the hard-to-bear plotline.

And also, in regards to Sanji, I don't see him as a perfect character or anything like that but he's definitely endearing when his ideals are challenged, in my opinion of course. Only this time, rather than try to face an opponent he can't bring himself to hurt, he's going all out and showing himself at his weakest in front of the whole island just to call for help. This was part of a comment I left at a different forum so I thought I might as well share it here. I don't use pics, sorry.

Last edited: