I need your guys’ opinion on something

I

Indigo

Go for your dream man.

Doing jobs you hate is the absolute worst, is like dying slow and feel your soul getting sucked each day. It's better to burn bright for a few years trying what you want, even if it doesn't work, then if it doesn't work you can just go back and take some trash job and do exactly what you were going to do now by staying.

Anyway, maybe you can kickstart your career and in a few years you get a role in the One Piece Netflix adaption. That would be cool.

:kata:

Say hypothetically, you had the opportunity to go to California for college to pursue an acting career you’ve been working towards, but you also had the choice of staying in your hometown for a nice job offer but it’s for something you don’t enjoy doing, which one would you choose? I’m kinda curious
Choose the job offer, La is where 99.9% actors dreams die

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Say hypothetically, you had the opportunity to go to California for college to pursue an acting career you’ve been working towards, but you also had the choice of staying in your hometown for a nice job offer but it’s for something you don’t enjoy doing, which one would you choose? I’m kinda curious
Not even a question, wtf. Go to California. Pursue your passions.

Cali is crazy expensive and the acting market is very saturated. if you want to do it professionally you must be in the top 10 to 20% on top of having connections in the business and the degree is pretty much useless. not trying to put you down, I am just giving my honest opinion.

If i were you i would take the job in your hometown and take night classes, meet people wanting to get in the business, preferably inspiring directors and editors , participate in their short films and do local gigs like ads. Al these is going to build you a nice portfolio, we are in the internet ear moving to LA perusing the artist dream is out dated since you can look for gigs and pass castings online. And all of this will be financed by your job.

Good luck and best wishes.

If its me i'd take the nice job offer, while taking acting course or trying to make independent content with familiar colleagues in which acting will be involved, until i save enough money to buy a house and settle at california. Imo you still need a safe job in california to sustain yourself even if its great to chase the dream.