Speculations I think next time we go to the roof it will only Kidd Luffy and Law standing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Zoro fighting Kaido in anyway theories we're just silly because past patterns shown that not happening, so a Zoro outshining Luffy via cutting Kaido's head off is a possibility and I will keep an open mind to that. Oda has foreshadowed his one sword style which will land a hit on Kaido later on. I want ZKK (dont think it'll happen but open to the theories) but definitely think he'll open that wound.

Luffy will not defeat Kaido alone, there is a 0 percent chance of that happening at all. If he did then there would be no point to Shanks and BB since Kaido is the strongest Pirate in the world. He will do it with a combo on the roof (to that extent we dont know).
We have to remember that fights like these are conditional. Law did injure Doflamingo internally, which may not have helped Luffy in the long run. Katakuri did get pissed at Flampe and handicapped himself because Luffy was too. Kaido potentially being injured enough by Zoro, then pushed back for another fight (for ex. King) is as much as the mangaka would need to accomplish to justify Luffy soloing Kaido by that point. And if not that, Kid/Law/Killer could potentially have a moment beforehand too, nothing stopping that from happening either.

I still think Luffy is warranted his 1v1 Mano y Mano fight that ends with him being the victor. Plus, we truly can't say Blackbeard can't or won't be stronger than him I'd he gains more power, or if characters like Shanks/Im are stronger and we just don't know how yet. Like Luffy, they are pirates that have recently gained their titles as Yonko and are technically not the old generation waiting to be surpassed.
Post automatically merged:

wano doesnt want to just beat kaido and orochi
they want them dead
You are saying this about a Manga that has never killed off a major villain onscreen before. We all know Orochi isn't dead either lol. There is a reason Fukurokuju left the fight.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I think Zoro and killer will be down next time we go back and it will be a short scene because luffy should be up now and we can get a quick scene of Kidd law and luffy looking at hybrid kaido with a small glimpse what he looks like.

then we see law unsheathe his sword kidd new transformation and luffy enter gear 4th again.

Think like the scene when we saw punk rotten room gear 4th for the first time in a scene together a parallel to that scene and Oda would cut away.

I don’t believe we won’t go back to the roof

for 1007 I think we can get this scene since it will be 3 chapters roof and 3 chapters dome.

This chapter will be a combination. Especially since there’s a break I think we will see a glimpse of hybrid kaido and see that killer and zoro are down( they obviously get up later)
Luffy standing rofl.

He is currently laying on Zoro who probably runs around the top of the skull to not get him hit by Yonkos

We have to remember that fights like these are conditional. Law did injure Doflamingo internally, which may not have helped Luffy in the long run. Katakuri did get pissed at Flampe and handicapped himself because Luffy was too. Kaido potentially being injured enough by Zoro, then pushed back for another fight (for ex. King) is as much as the mangaka would need to accomplish to justify Luffy soloing Kaido by that point. And if not that, Kid/Law/Killer could potentially have a moment beforehand too, nothing stopping that from happening either.

I still think Luffy is warranted his 1v1 Mano y Mano fight that ends with him being the victor. Plus, we truly can't say Blackbeard can't or won't be stronger than him I'd he gains more power, or if characters like Shanks/Im are stronger and we just don't know how yet. Like Luffy, they are pirates that have recently gained their titles as Yonko and are technically not the old generation waiting to be surpassed.

You are saying this about a Manga that has never killed off a major villain onscreen before. We all know Orochi isn't dead either lol. There is a reason Fukurokuju left the fight.
Doflamingo and Kaido are on two different specturms of strength. Kaido is the strongest in the world and there's also big mom 0 percent chance Luffy is taking out Kaido solo no matter how injured everyone makes Kaido. It would ruin any hype with a fight between BB or Shanks, there is not a stepping stone if he ends up soloing Kaido, and also it would ruin any type of rivalry or hype with Law or Kid. Oda wont do that IMO because if he did it would the intrigue of OP.

Oda has always been about intrigue and drawing the reader in. It's why in 1003 he drew Kaido's hybrid shadow, same with shadow in 1004, same with this last chapter. Im alluding to these examples to show Oda loves to keep the reader engaged and guessing. Luffy soloing Kaido would lose both of those factors as well.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not a matter of whether or not I like the theory, but every single time someone has made a thread about Zoro getting wiped out in this arc, the very next chapter shows him doing something else even the staunchest swordbois wouldn’t have imagined seeing on panel. At a certain point, I have to wonder if this is a self-fulfilling prophecy...

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

never have they faced an enemy that was too strong for capture
we are literally told this man has being captured 18 TIMES yet it couldnt hold him
simply beating him his irrelevant in the long run the mans recovery is ridiculous
the scabbards have made abundantly clear they dont want to beat him they want him dead and its not over until hes dead

orochis dead until further notice
and even IF he comes back its only to die again

You guys always love to bring out cover art and color spreads to make your point.

I'mma show you how to do it better.

People were laughing at this Color Spread when it dropped because people couldn't stand the thought of Zoro on the roof.
Lol, look where we at now.

Now, my point is, this is a hint/foreshadowing of Zoro taking down Kaido and Big Mom taking down Luffy.

Manga evidence: Luffy lands on Wano, afterwards the whole fiasco with the lack of food and how he was starving. Zoro's trouble in the land of Wano was the lack of alcohol because Orochi outlawed it. What are Big Mom and Kaido known for? Sake and food. Coincidentally, the same time Zoro and Luffy get situated, Big Mom and Kaido make their Alliance complete. And how do they celebrate it?

In Onigashima, what does Zoro do first thing he lands? Look for Sake, he smelled that shit from a mile away.
And how did Luffy get exposed once he dropped into Onigashima "covertly", because of Oshiruko.

Big Mom vs. Luffy has been telegraphed since Thriller Bark the moment he fought the gluttonous Moria w/ Shadow Powers.
And the Ryuma lore, Zoro's big moments began from Thriller Bark against Zombie Ryuma, and Zoro as the Last Man Standing.

You guys always love to bring out cover art and color spreads to make your point.

I'mma show you how to do it better.

People were laughing at this Color Spread when it dropped because people couldn't stand the thought of Zoro on the roof.
Lol, look where we at now.

Now, my point is, this is a hint/foreshadowing of Zoro taking down Kaido and Big Mom taking down Luffy.

Manga evidence: Luffy lands on Wano, afterwards the whole fiasco with the lack of food and how he was starving. Zoro's trouble in the land of Wano was the lack of alcohol because Orochi outlawed it. What are Big Mom and Kaido known for? Sake and food. Coincidentally, the same time Zoro and Luffy get situated, Big Mom and Kaido make their Alliance complete. And how do they celebrate it?

In Onigashima, what does Zoro do first thing he lands? Look for Sake, he smelled that shit from a mile away.
And how did Luffy get exposed once he dropped into Onigashima "covertly", because of Oshiruko.

Big Mom vs. Luffy has been telegraphed since Thriller Bark the moment he fought the gluttonous Moria w/ Shadow Powers.
And the Ryuma lore, Zoro's big moments began from Thriller Bark against Zombie Ryuma, and Zoro as the Last Man Standing.
My guy, I sincerely hope you are trolling with that Luffy’s lunchbox “hints” him taking out Big Mom. That shit is such a reach lol.

Do you honestly think Luffy is not taking out Big Mom?
Like holy shit. Ain't no one besides strawhats and/or Blackbeard taking out a Yonko ever.
Anyone can quote me on this.
Nah I don’t think it’s crazy to think Luffy will beat Big Mom at all. There’s a decent chance that actually happens tbh. I was mainly talking about that forced lunchbox “hint” with Luffy. That actually made me laugh out loud lol.

Nah I don’t think it’s crazy to think Luffy will beat Big Mom at all. There’s a decent chance that actually happens tbh. I was mainly talking about that forced lunchbox “hint” with Luffy. That actually made me laugh out loud lol.
No doubt. That is ridiculous. That was the point I was trying to make.

Good luck on that theory
I don’t need luck.
It’s going to happen in the next thirty-fifty chapters

I just don’t think Oda will do that especially since he hasn’t made law unsheathe his sword and Kidd combine the metal with haki.
he also made kaido pull out his hybrid form..........
i have seen law job with an unseathed sword . (doffy)
theory rest on a cool panel with the three captains
aside from that , no evidence towards that. zoro is the main person protecting luffy for those ten minutes.
killer going down/dying is just an easy target for people cause he's the weakest on the roof.

they either all go down or they dont imo

he also made kaido pull out his hybrid form..........
i have seen law job with an unseathed sword . (doffy)
theory rest on a cool panel with the three captains
aside from that , no evidence towards that. zoro is the main person protecting luffy for those ten minutes.
killer going down/dying is just an easy target for people cause he's the weakest on the roof.

they either all go down or they dont imo
None of those five will go down. They are the big warriors of the coming generation.

Doflamingo and Kaido are on two different specturms of strength. Kaido is the strongest in the world and there's also big mom 0 percent chance Luffy is taking out Kaido solo no matter how injured everyone makes Kaido. It would ruin any hype with a fight between BB or Shanks, there is not a stepping stone if he ends up soloing Kaido, and also it would ruin any type of rivalry or hype with Law or Kid. Oda wont do that IMO because if he did it would the intrigue of OP.

Oda has always been about intrigue and drawing the reader in. It's why in 1003 he drew Kaido's hybrid shadow, same with shadow in 1004, same with this last chapter. Im alluding to these examples to show Oda loves to keep the reader engaged and guessing. Luffy soloing Kaido would lose both of those factors as well.
Gotta say, I fundamentally disagree about this. I actually don't take Kaido's title as serious as maybe some others do on this forum, and also entirely believe Luffy will have his solo fight against Kaido. Maybe you see where I'm coming from after hearing me out:

1. The first thing that makes me doubt the entre veracity of Kaido's title is the fact that Kaido and Big Mom are essentially considered equal by all accounts. Their clashes, the fact they fought for hours at a stalemate. The sheer confidence in Big Mom in potentially killing Kaido (and vice versa). And finally just their equal stature next to each other this whole arc just entirely establishes the idea that they are effectively equal, which already hurts the idea that Kaido's title of WSC is exclusive to mean he's the "Strongest Pirate".

2. Secondly, this page from 1001:

Not only does he not have Big Mom here (someone who has been pretty much been his contemporary for decades), he's essentially questioning if Luffy could reliably fight him at that point. Only 5 other men are on here, including Shanks. This brings me back to the point of "Strongest Pirate". Rocks, Oden, Whitebeard and Roger are dead. Shanks is not. This effectively means that Shanks is as just of a viable threat to Kaido or Luffy. Luffy defeating Kaido does not lower this ideal that Shanks and even Blackbeard are weaker than him. Hell, Blackbeard is growing virtually the same way as Luffy is. As Kaido has said, we don't know "how far their ceiling will go".

3. Relating to the picture above, Luffy is the sole focal point here. Not Zoro, Killer, Kidd or Law. Yes, I get it, they have all hurt Kaido in some form, but in typical Oda fashion, he entirely and exclusively highlights Luffy where it matters. This is something that has been consistent in the 2 decades the manga has been serialized, and I don't expect it to change at this point.

4. Its just entirely clear to me that Shanks and Blackbeard are on a whole other level of relevance, importance and likely threat level than Kaido and Big Mom. Oda decided to tackle Kaido and Big Mom first, not Blackbeard or Shanks. This should effectively tell people that regardless of what happens this arc, they will be entirely more viable threats than Kaido and Big Mom.

5. This also makes it obvious to me that even if Kaido is defeated by Luffy only, this wouldn't even include people like Akainu or Im because they are not pirates, nor do we truly have comparators to show us that they are weaker or stronger. Hell, Im hasn't even been revealed yet.

I just think that post Wano, we are moving into an entirely different ball game with the series. Luffy and potentially Kid become the next Yonko or destroy the concept of Yonko entirely (i.e. nobody is a Yonko anymore). Blackbeard is still gaining power. Shanks is an enigma. Akainu has been stated by Oda to be on of the most powerful people in the series, specifying that if he was the main character, the series would have "been over quickly". Im is nothing until we know more.

I hope this gets my point across. I think we take Kaido's title way too seriously for what it truly is: An overbearing confidence in a pirate's power, just like Perospero this past chapter riding on the coattails of his mothers power of "Yonko". We all know that the concept is being flipped on its head by the end of this arc.

This is why I think Luffy will fight and probably solo Kaido by the end, as "unbelievable" as it may seem right now.

Gotta say, I fundamentally disagree about this. I actually don't take Kaido's title as serious as maybe some others do on this forum, and also entirely believe Luffy will have his solo fight against Kaido. Maybe you see where I'm coming from after hearing me out:

1. The first thing that makes me doubt the entre veracity of Kaido's title is the fact that Kaido and Big Mom are essentially considered equal by all accounts. Their clashes, the fact they fought for hours at a stalemate. The sheer confidence in Big Mom in potentially killing Kaido (and vice versa). And finally just their equal stature next to each other this whole arc just entirely establishes the idea that they are effectively equal, which already hurts the idea that Kaido's title of WSC is exclusive to mean he's the "Strongest Pirate".

2. Secondly, this page from 1001:

Not only does he not have Big Mom here (someone who has been pretty much been his contemporary for decades), he's essentially questioning if Luffy could reliably fight him at that point. Only 5 other men are on here, including Shanks. This brings me back to the point of "Strongest Pirate". Rocks, Oden, Whitebeard and Roger are dead. Shanks is not. This effectively means that Shanks is as just of a viable threat to Kaido or Luffy. Luffy defeating Kaido does not lower this ideal that Shanks and even Blackbeard are weaker than him. Hell, Blackbeard is growing virtually the same way as Luffy is. As Kaido has said, we don't know "how far their ceiling will go".

3. Relating to the picture above, Luffy is the sole focal point here. Not Zoro, Killer, Kidd or Law. Yes, I get it, they have all hurt Kaido in some form, but in typical Oda fashion, he entirely and exclusively highlights Luffy where it matters. This is something that has been consistent in the 2 decades the manga has been serialized, and I don't expect it to change at this point.

4. Its just entirely clear to me that Shanks and Blackbeard are on a whole other level of relevance, importance and likely threat level than Kaido and Big Mom. Oda decided to tackle Kaido and Big Mom first, not Blackbeard or Shanks. This should effectively tell people that regardless of what happens this arc, they will be entirely more viable threats than Kaido and Big Mom.

5. This also makes it obvious to me that even if Kaido is defeated by Luffy only, this wouldn't even include people like Akainu or Im because they are not pirates, nor do we truly have comparators to show us that they are weaker or stronger. Hell, Im hasn't even been revealed yet.

I just think that post Wano, we are moving into an entirely different ball game with the series. Luffy and potentially Kid become the next Yonko or destroy the concept of Yonko entirely (i.e. nobody is a Yonko anymore). Blackbeard is still gaining power. Shanks is an enigma. Akainu has been stated by Oda to be on of the most powerful people in the series, specifying that if he was the main character, the series would have "been over quickly". Im is nothing until we know more.

I hope this gets my point across. I think we take Kaido's title way too seriously for what it truly is: An overbearing confidence in a pirate's power, just like Perospero this past chapter riding on the coattails of his mothers power of "Yonko". We all know that the concept is being flipped on its head by the end of this arc.

This is why I think Luffy will fight and probably solo Kaido by the end, as "unbelievable" as it may seem right now.
entirely more viable threats than Kaido and Big Mom.

this is just how story telling works
it will fall on deaf ears unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.