I want to be closer with One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I guess,

I've joined for a few days but only now I'm making my introduction.

So from when I found out that One Piece will end in like 5 years or so, I've been trying to get more engaged in OP related discussions. To be more precise I was in denial of such news, I can't possible imagine the series I grew up with will end so "soon", I relized that I've been taking OP for granted. But well I learnt to accept the truth that the series I am reading every week for the last 10 years will come to an end sooner than I'd imagined. So in order to cope with this new found depression, I joined the subreddit and all but it's not enough there. Then I found this site, lurked for a few days before deciding to join.

I like it here but I'm not gonna lie, kinda don't like it as well, I meant there's always pros and cons but the most important thing is that I find myself at ease here even tho most of the time I just lurk around ahaha. WG is, how to say it, feels freer than the subreddit and has so many post around that ages with time! And damn, the spoiler posts are so heated ahaha, I realized for the first time how toxic the fandoms can be ahaha:smoothy:. But, me wanting to spend more time with OP, still be crazy and read hundreds of pages in that toxicity filled post, maybe I'm weird but it was fun seeing the debates, mockings, fightings between the the fandoms of the 2 characters that shall not be named ahaha. And of course the detailed answers are always put a smile on my face no matter what they are about. Just because of those points, I find this forum is worth it to be the place where I can spend more time with my favorite manga.

Anyway, glad to be one of you now, please be gentle with me ahaha:yasu:.

Sidenote:
Just a little tidbit about how I found out about One Piece. I started Dragon Ball and Naruto before getting to One Piece. And at first I didn't like it at all because the anatomy in One Piece was really diversed and weird so I dropped it right away. Later on, by pure chance, my friend handed me a volume, so since it's from my friend I had to check it out, and it was f***ing Marineford Arc... Just the right volume when Ace got Akainu'd on top of that... But because of that exactly event that I'm hooked to One Piece forever. :akasalt:

Oh right, and thank @solis , I didn't want to do this introduction post at first but the warm welcome you gave me pushed me into making this super long post ahaha.

Hello I guess,

I've joined for a few days but only now I'm making my introduction.

So from when I found out that One Piece will end in like 5 years or so, I've been trying to get more engaged in OP related discussions. To be more precise I was in denial of such news, I can't possible imagine the series I grew up with will end so "soon", I relized that I've been taking OP for granted. But well I learnt to accept the truth that the series I am reading every week for the last 10 years will come to an end sooner than I'd imagined. So in order to cope with this new found depression, I joined the subreddit and all but it's not enough there. Then I found this site, lurked for a few days before deciding to join.

I like it here but I'm not gonna lie, kinda don't like it as well, I meant there's always pros and cons but the most important thing is that I find myself at ease here even tho most of the time I just lurk around ahaha. WG is, how to say it, feels freer than the subreddit and has so many post around that ages with time! And damn, the spoiler posts are so heated ahaha, I realized for the first time how toxic the fandoms can be ahaha:smoothy:. But, me wanting to spend more time with OP, still be crazy and read hundreds of pages in that toxicity filled post, maybe I'm weird but it was fun seeing the debates, mockings, fightings between the the fandoms of the 2 characters that shall not be named ahaha. And of course the detailed answers are always put a smile on my face no matter what they are about. Just because of those points, I find this forum is worth it to be the place where I can spend more time with my favorite manga.

Anyway, glad to be one of you now, please be gentle with me ahaha:yasu:.

Sidenote:
Just a little tidbit about how I found out about One Piece. I started Dragon Ball and Naruto before getting to One Piece. And at first I didn't like it at all because the anatomy in One Piece was really diversed and weird so I dropped it right away. Later on, by pure chance, my friend handed me a volume, so since it's from my friend I had to check it out, and it was f***ing Marineford Arc... Just the right volume when Ace got Akainu'd on top of that... But because of that exactly event that I'm hooked to One Piece forever. :akasalt:

Oh right, and thank @solis , I didn't want to do this introduction post at first but the warm welcome you gave me pushed me into making this super long post ahaha.
Welcome man! It's great to get fans who are unbiased and add value to discourse.
As for OP ending in 5, give it another 7-8 years realistically.

We have a long while, and we're here to enjoy, as you said.
:myman:

Thank you all for the warm welcome !:smoothy:

Welcome man! It's great to get fans who are unbiased and add value to discourse.
As for OP ending in 5, give it another 7-8 years realistically.

We have a long while, and we're here to enjoy, as you said.
:myman:
I meant I just love everyone in the series ahaha but nothing can tell how it will change over time. But I'd like to remain neutral as long as I can ahaha.
As for OP ending, I really hope it will turn out that way you said. More OP is more joy to the world. :myman:

Welcome, yeah basically this forum is a little world on itself representing all the OP fandom can offer plus what every single person can bring to a community (very minor characters wankers, spammers, people who never made a post but everybody knows about them and a lot more lol).
Thanks, and ye I've been enjoying the diversity this forum can bring out!

Thanks, and ye I've been enjoying the diversity this forum can bring out!
I get you, basically now I'm not even so interested about OP anymore, I guess that if it wasn't for this forum I would read the chapters days later or even in a stock weeks later. But I enjoy seeing the life here, debates provoked every chapter, that member always spamming/wanking his character through the roof etc. Basically sometimes I think I'm still reading OP every week to be on par with what happens in this forum lol

Status
Not open for further replies.