Powers & Abilities If Enma is a magic sword, do the swords of top tier swordsmen have magic properties as well?

Yoru, Griffin(shanks), Ace(Roger), Raiu(shiryu), and Xebec's sword are particularly of interest to me.

Enma has the powerful ability of being able to concentrate large amounts of the user's haki, making it one of the strongest swords we've seen, if properly mastered. If enma can do all this, and allow Zoro to deal serious damage to kaido, what can the swords of even stronger swordsmen do?

Mihawk, Shanks, Roger, Shiryu, and Xebec are some of the strongest swordsmen in the series. Imo it just doesn't make sense if they don't have special swords with special powers as well.

I feel like between shanks and roger, one of them will have a sword that does what enma does, but specifically draws out conqueror's haki. I think another possibility is a sword that does the reverse of what enma does, basically a sword that steals haki from the person who is slashed by it. I feel like Shiryu might have such a sword as it would serve to parallel him with Zoro, and would also be a sinister and OP power that someone like shiryu would have.

Lastly, I think that there could be a sword that works similar to enma, but instead of drawing in the user's haki, it draws in the user's devil fruit energy. So basically, a sword that amplifies DF powers. Imo this will be what Xebec had, as it would parallel to teach.

I think so at least with meito

1. Skillful grades are like simple boost like being extremely sharp, light, heavy, etc.
  2. Great grades more magical like boosting your spiritual energy, armament, ect maybe even giving you a transformation
    • Its probably why zoro has asura and Cavendish has hakuba
      • Also maybe maybe how denjiro transformed due to him being in Emma's shrine at the time possible giving him a psuedo enma transformation while zoro will get the real thing
  3. Surpreme grade something even more crazy but idk. Possibly both of the other effects combined but just stronger

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
There's no reason not to believe Enma is special for now when it comes to the ability to train since other Great Grade didn't possess the same feature, but when it comes to intrinsic AP of the sword there's seemingly not much to be seen on paper.

As long as these special swords are not in the hand of Zoro a main character we will probably never see any other special blade.

A random plant stalk was plucked by Shanks in East Blue. Shanks bestowed his Crimson God Haki inside its structure, transforming it into the living mythical sword Gryphon that absorbs any type of haki it comes in contact with.:steef:

Actually after it absorbed Xebec's CoC, it began to gain sentience and just before arrived at Fusha village, it managed to absorb Shanks' haki totality as well, finally ending Shanks' life then making him into its artificial-life puppet.

The one inspiring Luffy to become a Pirate is Gryphon all along. Shanks is dead since One Piece started, and it waits for the moment Luffy gets the ultimate power and defeat BB and Imu, in order to devour the WSE (World's Strongest Existence) version of Luffy.

After that, Gryphon gets oneshotted by Tonjit tho so its ambition is meh. :suresure:

I still think Ashura is linked to Sandai's curse, as it might be the manifestation of its spirit. So I'm definitely on board with that.

Curses with different types of drawbacks leading to different types of power ups or special quirks would be a very cool and refreshing concept tbh. So by getting his hands on something like Nidai, Zoro for example would gain a potential new form, instead of just a better grade sword- which is a minuscale upgrade anyway.
And all those top tier swordsmen you mentioned above could also have very different abilities, instead of just spamming advCoC sword swings like the next guy.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I still think Ashura is linked to Sandai's curse, as it might be the manifestation of its spirit. So I'm definitely on board with that.

Curses with different types of drawbacks leading to different types of power ups or special quirks would be a very cool and refreshing concept tbh. So by getting his hands on something like Nidai, Zoro for example would gain a potential new form, instead of just a better grade sword- which is a minuscale upgrade anyway.
And all those top tier swordsmen you mentioned above could also have very different abilities, instead of just spamming advCoC sword swings like the next guy.
But would Zoro get a new demonic form if he wielded another Kitetsu investing him with a new course I wonder 🤔

Cursed swords must have their curse tamed then it becomes normal swords on the hands of the wielder.

It practically asks the wielder to improve certain aspects he/she didn't have before.
Like a training wheel in specific areas.

So yeah it's really possible that Roger/Shanks had an effect when they got their swords.

I would say this is not the same One Piece we were introduced at beginning.

Mihawk should have taught Zoro about Magic Sword if at least Yoru were one of them.

Yoru, Griffin(shanks), Ace(Roger), Raiu(shiryu), and Xebec's sword are particularly of interest to me.

Enma has the powerful ability of being able to concentrate large amounts of the user's haki, making it one of the strongest swords we've seen, if properly mastered. If enma can do all this, and allow Zoro to deal serious damage to kaido, what can the swords of even stronger swordsmen do?

Mihawk, Shanks, Roger, Shiryu, and Xebec are some of the strongest swordsmen in the series. Imo it just doesn't make sense if they don't have special swords with special powers as well.

I feel like between shanks and roger, one of them will have a sword that does what enma does, but specifically draws out conqueror's haki. I think another possibility is a sword that does the reverse of what enma does, basically a sword that steals haki from the person who is slashed by it. I feel like Shiryu might have such a sword as it would serve to parallel him with Zoro, and would also be a sinister and OP power that someone like shiryu would have.

Lastly, I think that there could be a sword that works similar to enma, but instead of drawing in the user's haki, it draws in the user's devil fruit energy. So basically, a sword that amplifies DF powers. Imo this will be what Xebec had, as it would parallel to teach.
All Zoro swords are Magic Swords.

Enma is likely nothing special aside from its properties to suck and retrieve someone's haki and the notion it can cut more likely strictly related.

All the graded swords have special qualities and capabilities.
Shusui - takes additional air slashes making it into 1 causing one attack to be devastating - also with the additional weight it makes it great for defense.

Sandai Kitetsu - Cuts whatever it wants to cut, doesn't listen to the owner and it's also blood thirsty (Zoro can feel the emotions from the sword he wields) swords have emotions in OP unfortunately with the latest chapter this seems to be a new flash for some users.

Emma is not the reason Zoro could cut Kaido. It was Zoro.

Emma just forces the user to use more haki against its own will. Zoro could control Emma in the rooftop, all the haki used was from him and on his will.

Right now in chapter 1032, he lost control.

Emma is not the reason Zoro could cut Kaido. It was Zoro.

Emma just forces the user to use more haki against its own will. Zoro could control Emma in the rooftop, all the haki used was from him and on his will.

Right now in chapter 1032, he lost control.
he was using Enma to force out large amounts of Haki from his body, which allowed him to cut kaido