General & Others If Luffy were to die in Wano, which Strawhat would you prefer become the MC?

Pick

• Zoro

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Nami

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Usopp

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Sanji

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Chopper

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Robin

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Franky

• Brook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jinbe

• Total voters
Sanji follows. he does not lead. if Luffy dies then Sanji goes back to East Blue to become a dishwasher again.
you sure? oda makes nami (character who’s frequently mentioned by the fans to be the leader after luffy) nickname their group after sanji

let’s not forget g5 and duval gang

Last edited:
nothing about Sanji would make him a good MC. he lacks drive. if Luffy did not drag his sorry ass onto his ship he would still be flipping burgers at Baratie King.
Sigh....

Is this Sanji or is it not ?

Lacks drive ? He seems pretty driven to me at a young age. He seems to be someone who wants to survive for his goal. And his goal being the All Blue.

Now their is something Zoro fans cant understand, which the value of being indebted to someone. Makes sense since your fav has no such morals anyways. But Sanji is indebted to Zeff, he stays with Zeff to repay him for the kindness Zeff gave to him. Why ?....because Sanji is a honourable man.

Now if Sanji truly saw had no drive.....then he would see Baratie King as his home....and treasure. However he doesnt see this, he sees it as Zeff's treasure. Sanji plans to stay so he can repay his debt then venture out and find the All Blue.

You've also got another thing wrong. Sanji never left because of Luffy. He left after seeing Zeff purposely trying to make him leave. Seeing that makes Sanji realise that Zeff doesnt care about being repayed by Sanji anymore.

Cause if the person you are staying for doesnt want you to stay anymore....then why are you still here. Luffy only provided the transport and comradeship for Sanji to get to the All Blue. However Luffy himself wasnt the reason he left nor the person who "saved" him.

So again....Sanji doesnt lack drive, he had a debt to repay.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Without Luffy , there would be no strawhats in the first place if the story went as it did.

- Zoro would still be a lone wandering bounty hunter. He would maybe get lost on his way to the grandline due to his own strong ambition, and somehow still make it to the top. He would slap up Helpamo and his father the moment they try to execute him.

- Nami will be an eternal slave to a fishamn while her village gets wiped out. She might consider suicide later on down the line. Arlong will be in for a rude awakening wherever the word gets out, via other stronger pirates or marines.

- Usopp will still be dreaming of becoming a true pirate while playing litte kiddy games, or Kuro would have wiped all of them out, and be living rent free in Kayas mansion.

- Sanji would be a depressed cook who dies without ever having the courage to go after him own dream. Judge won.

- Chopper would have lived his entire life as an outcast in Drum Island, and will have died an outcast. He would die hating his enitre exsistance.

- Robin would have died at Alabasta due to the Croc. No redemption this time around, and no big Ennis Lobby moment. Vivi perishes in this scenario too.

- Franky would have been tortured at the hands of CP9, and the WG gains the blueprints to Pluton one way or another.

- Brook would still be sailing for all enternaity until he decided to commit suicide as the burden of solitude became too large to bear.

- Jinbe and FMI would all still be bottom feeders to the fat bitch called Big Mom.

So, not exactly a happy thought to have.

However, if the question is - who would make the most suitable mc if they're allowed to change plotlines to get the crew under one banner, luffy excluded?

It's going to be Zoro bar none. No question. None.

He possesses the most ambition, and the stongest willpower while actually having a goal worthy of an shonen mc.

Zoro also has a ridiculous disciple and can easily keep others in check, and his starting point is the same as Luffys. At the beginning of East Blue.

Jinbe is a close second, as he's already been shown to be a leader. But how do you go from FMI to the start of East Blue ? And how could you implement a dream worthy of an shonen mc for someone like Jinbe? It's nearly impossible.

Anyone saying Usopp or Sanji needs to lay of the pipe.

its about who could makes the crew press onward. the only person who could is Zoro. he is the only one following a dream where the others can attach themselves to.
as long as the journey provides him with opponents he will continue.
wether the rest sticks arround is the biggest issue in this. if you boil it down, no one would. for no one. the moment Luffy dies the crew stops existing.
at least for Zoro you can make a case that he continues his journey with enough interesting stories ahead.
This thread literally isnt even about this. Its about who we want as the MC. But alas this statement is also fake. Every SH wants to make Luffy the PK and then want to pursue their own dreams.

No one gives a flying fuck about Zoro and his dream. If we were honestly suppossed to follow the actual scenario of if Luffy dies....what happens ? Then they disband as a group. They all joined because of Luffy and they will all leave when he is gone.

it does not have to. Zoro is his own character with his own ambition. something all the rest are lacking. Zoro has set out on his journey alone. the only other character from the SHs that comes close here is Robin. she also set out alone. but she abandoned her dream once already.

Sanji, as much as you want him to, has no such ambition. not even close. Luffy had to kick him in the bollocks so he would finally move out of moms - escuse me, Zeffs - basement.

Zoros drive for greatness is what a story needs as fuel. this is missing for everyone else except Luffy. so, Zoro remains the obvious choice.
So finding All Blue and able to cook all fish from all sea is not grand. Since when Robin abandin her dreams, she still searching for Void century. Again you not used fact from story. For you only by beating or kiling people for WSS is great ambition. Sword boys logic. I dont want to argue anymore with this logic. People have diffrent dreams and we should respect that.

Sanji follows. he does not lead. if Luffy dies then Sanji goes back to East Blue to become a dishwasher again.
You and me both know that is fake my friend. Why do you lie ?

- G5
- Curlyhats
- Flying Fish Riders
- Cooks and Firetanks
- Germa at the Tea Party
Post automatically merged:

no.
no one else makes sense.
Zoro would not stick arround. hes only on the crew because Luffy blackmailed him. he would resume his journey to become WSS. they can either tag along with him or hes doing it alone.
this automatically rules out any other possibility. if they crew has to stick together that is.
I am getting more and more concerned about your health ? Can you not read my friend ?

This is about who we want. Not who would make most sense. If we are talking about most sense, then no one would be the MC. If Luffy dies....One Piece ends. Done.

Best Zoro can get is a spinoff.

Anyone saying Usopp needs to lay of the pipe.
fixed it for you bud

sanji and zoro is the best choices

if zoro becomes the mc i can’t see a way he sticks by the crew he would go solo so no other SH which would be pretty cool to see his adventure to be wss but that would destroy every thing the straw hats did and their development and dreams as they would be side characters

fixed it for you bud

if zoro becomes the mc i can’t see a way he sticks by the crew he would go solo so no other SH which would be pretty cool to see his adventure to be wss but that would destroy every thing the straw hats did and their development and dreams as they would be side characters
If we are talking about who would be the best leader for SHs. Its clearly Sanji. Sanji is the closest one to having the traits of Luffy...that the SHs joined for. The SHs never joined for will-power or perserverence. They joined for Kindness, security and person that always looks out for them first.

Anyways the most probable thing to happen is the SHs disband. No one actually cares about the others dreams enough to stop pursuing their own. It has nothing to do with them.

At Least 6 people dreams need to be achieve untill Raftel

Nami - Draw maps Grandline

Robin - Void Century

Franky - Thousand Sunny to sail to Raftel

Chopper - find cure to all diseases (theory)

Sanji - All Blue (theory)

3 people doesn't need to achieve Raftel

Zoro - WSS beating Mihawk

Brooks - Laboons

Usop - Brave warriors of the sea

The argument is how in the hell a person who dont desire to go Raftel want to lead people who want to??? Just like my what i'm saying in my first post, Zoro need to abandon his dreams for WSS and carrying Luffy will for Raftel and PK only can Zoro take the leads.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
fixed it for you bud

Sanji is only possible if you change a few aspects of his character.

Before Luffy or the crew came along, Sanji never had the courage to go out of the way to chase his own dream.

He was lacking that at the beginning. Unless you change that he wouldn't be able to get anyone under their banner. Same with Usopp.

Zoro however was already chasing his ambition from the start which is why he would make a more suitable candidate.

If we are talking about who would be the best leader for SHs. Its clearly Sanji. Sanji is the closest one to having the traits of Luffy...that the SHs joined for. The SHs never joined for will-power or perserverence. They joined for Kindness, security and person that always looks out for them first.

Anyways the most probable thing to happen is the SHs disband. No one actually cares about the others dreams enough to stop pursuing their own. It has nothing to do with them.
nah they would stick around until they reach laugh tale at least they would do it for luffy

franky needs to make his ship reach laugh tale robin needs to learn about the void century nami needs to draw map of the world that includes laugh tale

after that they might split into groups like robin and franky get together sanji would take nami all over the world to draw her map chopper would tag along as he needs to find a cure for every disease ussop,jinbe and brook would go solo

Sanji is only possible if you change a few aspects of his character.

Before Luffy or the crew came along, Sanji never had the courage to go out of the way to chase his own dream.

He was lacking that at the beginning. Unless you change that he wouldn't be able to get anyone under their banner. Same with Usopp.

Zoro however was already chasing his ambition from the start which is why he would make a more suitable candidate.
well this after wano and sanjis ambition has reignited over the adventure

Sigh....

Lacks drive ? He seems pretty driven to me at a young age. He seems to be someone who wants to survive for his goal. And his goal being the All Blue.

Now their is something Zoro fans cant understand, which the value of being indebted to someone. Makes sense since your fav has no such morals anyways. But Sanji is indebted to Zeff, he stays with Zeff to repay him for the kindness Zeff gave to him. Why ?....because Sanji is a honourable man.

Now if Sanji truly saw had no drive.....then he would see Baratie King as his home....and treasure. However he doesnt see this, he sees it as Zeff's treasure. Sanji plans to stay so he can repay his debt then venture out and find the All Blue.

You've also got another thing wrong. Sanji never left because of Luffy. He left after seeing Zeff purposely trying to make him leave. Seeing that makes Sanji realise that Zeff doesnt care about being repayed by Sanji anymore.

Cause if the person you are staying for doesnt want you to stay anymore....then why are you still here. Luffy only provided the transport and comradeship for Sanji to get to the All Blue. However Luffy himself wasnt the reason he left nor the person who "saved" him.

So again....Sanji doesnt lack drive, he had a debt to repay.
i think this is what @trav is referring to.

Sigh....

then what? he got stuck in Baratie. all of the SHs have dreams. some even since they were kids. and all of them bar Zoro and Robin had to be dragged out of their comfort zone to finally chase them. Sanji too.

Zoro was the only one who got up an was actively chasing his own dream. as mentioned, maybe Robin comes close here.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Def not Jinbe. None of the crew would follow him long term. Probably Zoro? He wouldn’t be as charismatic as Luffy but I think he could keep the SH’s together, more or less.

i think this is what @trav is referring to.
Again. Sanji is stubborn and a hypocrite. He tells Zoro to abandon it becauae he doesnt want to see him die.

We literally have proof of Kid Sanji fighting to the death with Zeff even after taking a kick from him. That panel doesnt discredit anything....or Oda as usual would be contradicting himself. So at best we should just see through the human eyes.

This again isnt any different from Water 7. In fact something entirely similar happened.

Here we have Zoro telling Sanji to wait and not fight since its too dangerous. However he himself would fight and also doesnt care about the danger.

Of course this doesnt show anything about dreams or what not. However im just trying to show how selfish and hypocritical the SHs are. In which they tell each other not to do things....which they themselves would do.

So yh, just cause Sanji told Zoro to abandon his dream doesnt mean Sanji himself would abandon his own dream. He simply doesnt care about Zoro's dream at all and hes worried about his safety.

And by MC I mean they become the Captain of the ship and become the strongest person in the crew, and the story changes course to focus on their dream as the climax of the story. Also of course they would have to convince everybody on the crew to follow them like Luffy did.
if all of this is a given, then Robin.
not much about the story would change. destination remains.
less annoying MC and everyone getting clutched. sounds good.

All the arguement you said already prove the point Luffy decision did not involve Zoro in it. I already answer this thread before I made that comparison between who is MC between Zoro and Sanji. You dont read others answer then you come want to bash others. That comparison I made to show fact who better MC if replace Luffy, I made comparison using story line so far it is not wank Sanji or bashing Zoro. Since we were choosing new MC if Luffy dies. The decision and character betwen those from the start of the story. This story alraedy saving at least two princess with Zoro character he doesn't give a damn. He choose only for WSS he doesn't care. He need more interaction before he give a damn care about others. Not like Luffy who made decision on the spot which can be used to Sanji if involved beauties. That the reason I choose for replacing Luffy using fact told from stories so far. Used fact from the stories man, I never answered and I accepted people say Sanji is failed experiment because it the truth.
But i never said sanji is a bad mc because he is a good character but as MC ? Don't know. And to be the mc, you don't need to save everyone like luffy. Sanji doesn't have enough charisma to keep the readers following one piece.
Zoro is a MC material, he is like guts in berserk.
A lone wolf, who loves fights and help people only if he wants. People tend to follow strong people or at least strong willpower. But as i said, he will be perfect for a MC but not Captain because he doesn't care to lead. Sanji cares, that's the thing.