General & Others If you were Sengoku what would have been your plan at Marineford ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Executing Ace way sooner is really the biggest change I’d make, you don’t need to give the enemy a chance to come to their friend’s rescue if your intent is to send a message.

Other than that, I’m not sure what else Sengoku could have done...if the Marines had lost, there would be way more questions about his methods, but outside of Luffy’s interruption, seems like he got everything he was aiming for with his plan. Maybe give the admirals more leeway in what they could do as @Finalbeta mentioned, seemed like they were holding back during a time in which restraint is an unnecessary handicap.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Ace would have faced a firing squad with Marines strong enough to resist CoC. I'd then let the Admirals and the rest of the Marines go all out to stop the pirates; knowing that Marineford can be rebuilt.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Executing Ace way sooner is really the biggest change I’d make, you don’t need to give the enemy a chance to come to their friend’s rescue if your intent is to send a message.

Other than that, I’m not sure what else Sengoku could have done...if the Marines had lost, there would be way more questions about his methods, but outside of Luffy’s interruption, seems like he got everything he was aiming for with his plan. Maybe give the admirals more leeway in what they could do as @Finalbeta mentioned, seemed like they were holding back during a time in which restraint is an unnecessary handicap.
Akainu alone could have easily turned the entire MF into a magma pit

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Killing Ace too early means that WB can maybe become mad and destoy everything in front of him and WB can even retreating too early because no more purpose to loose too much men.

And having Ace still alive made the WB pirates to be solely focused to save Ace and not destroying or killing everything. The marine could monitor the battle that way.

I think killing Ace around the middle of the war was good. But yeah I would have put strong officers to kill him, to be sure that Ace will be killed.

I would have at least ordered for the admirals to work together more often and to target Whitebeard together. I would also have ordered Akainu or Kizaru and the Pacifistas to destroy all the pirate ships and the marine ships they captured and ordered the marine ships fo move away from Marineford to cut any escape road for the pirates. If you don't want to let the Whitebeard Pirates and their allies escape at least do it properly.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I would have at least ordered for the admirals to work together more often and to target Whitebeard together. I would also have ordered Akainu or Kizaru and the Pacifistas to destroy all the pirate ships and the marine ships they captured and ordered the marine ships fo move away from Marineford to cut any escape road for the pirates. If you don't want to let the Whitebeard Pirates and their allies escape at least do it properly.
Yeah I thought the same.

Imagine all marine top tiers ganging up on WB Pirates properly.

It would have been way quicker.