Controversial In other manga a son/student usually surpasses their father/teacher

This is a common manga trope, the MC/side character surpasses his/her legendary father/mother/brother/rival/master/etc and the same will happen in OP, so why is part of this fanbase so invested in comparing their favorite character with characters outside of their circle instead of comparing them with their parallels, parents and masters?
Do people that read Naruto and know that Sakura was trained by Tsunade have the impression that Sakura is as strong as Naruto and Sasuke instead of being comparable with the person that trained her?
Seems like part of the fanbase is reading a completely different story from the one that Oda is writing.

Thread dedicated to no_name that uses manga panels from manga that no one reads (not OP! :kobeha:) to prove that Mihawk's WSS isn't real.

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Well Sanji for sure surpassed by now Zeff as he perfected the technique but now is the question should he surpass Judge and/or Ivankov too? He don't really have anything in common with Judge to surpass, besides strength, and with Iva he has to surpass their cooking as it was giving more and more strength to the one who eats it. Probably next thing to perfect.

What you expected from me the obvious father son surpassing I have on mind 24 per 7?

This is a common manga trope, the MC/side character surpasses his/her legendary father/mother/brother/rival/master/etc and the same will happen in OP, so why is part of this fanbase so invested in comparing their favorite character with characters outside of their circle instead of comparing them with their parallels, parents and masters?
Do people that read Naruto and know that Sakura was trained by Tsunade have the impression that Sakura is as strong as Naruto and Sasuke instead of being comparable with the person that trained her?
Seems like part of the fanbase is reading a completely different story from the one that Oda is writing.

Thread dedicated to no_name that uses manga panels from manga that no one reads (not OP! :kobeha:) to prove that Mihawk's WSS isn't real.
I think they'll do something like this with Usopp. I think Usopp will realize that he's achieved his dream of becoming a brave warrior of the sea when Yasopp tells him that he's become a braver person than he is

I thought this was a Dragon hype thread from the title. Shame it's not, I hope Dragon's performance in the future is spectator and I wouldn't mind him still being above Luffy overall for a bit.