In the benninging all were Minks

Pun intended.
**Spoiler alert** for anime only!!!

I thought of a theory that is really just the biology of all that is in OP. A grand theory that if you are a true world building fan you will be intrigued by.
It is combing two pillars of our world - evolution and religion (specifically religions that align with bibliography):

I think the world of OP developed according to the principle of evolution, starting as carbon, cells, plants, animals similar to our world. In addition, when a living being is faced with an environmental challenge, mutations that are more likely to overcome it survive more, and usually some traces stick in future generations (genotype and phenotype).

Now starts the biblical part where the snakes lures the monkey to eat the forbidden fruit of knowledge - when a complex animal - specifically the monkey ate the fruit of knowledge - it became enlightened, know that there is more to existence, and thus humans started being. Because of that, the human and his descendents left heaven over time to explore the world, and populated most of the earth (as a race). However, the tree was still there, and in the passage of time all the other animals ate the fruit as well, and became sentient beings - the Minks, and went to explore on the back of an elephant, taking some of their home land (heaven) with them on it. The only animal that could not eat the fruit was the snake as punishment. Therefore, the snake is portrayed as the enemy for the residents of heaven - the gods. However, the snake kind of did a favor to everyone, he gave them their being. So it is also idolized by others as the god that gave freedom to all other animals. Unlike him that can only crawl, they have either legs, wings or finns to move around. I think this group is represented by piracy in the world of OP, against the WG. Basically the conflict is all about whether the snake was the good guy or the bad guy...

The tree that provided these fruits is named the tree of adam - because he ate the fruit first.
In the biblical stories, humans are the descendents of the Nephalim, which are literary giants. Might be because that in heaven the other trees are so nutritious. Skypia bombs: it fits so the snake that stayed there the longest became huge as well (Skypia), and an elephant that eats more than all of them is so big that if he drops of there he can actually carry heaven over the rest of the earth. Whatever the case is, I think that the heaven part upto here is Elbaf, and I think it is a sky island/archipelago with very fruitful land. The humans that left first were the ones that were able to fly, so wings were necessary. A small, useless version of it (phenotype) sticked for some descendents... The humans that stayed on Elbaf simply changed the gods name and purpose, now that they understand the futility of living, and chose the path of warriors as in the north mythology. Like Dorry and Broggy said - the only thing that they can't pierce is the bloody snake...

The Eve tree is the tree that provides devil fruits -
After the fruit of knowledge was consumed, any idea that comes in the human mind is now accumulated as new knowledge. These ideas were the burden or Eve to bare for her part in the sin. This is represented by the tree of Eve growing *devil fruits*. This is why it can be anything that is a concept for humans - like laundry (vice-admiral Tsuru) or the concept of any god (Sungod Nilkka).

I can provide more examples how this theory connects, but even if it is far from the practical sense, I think that thematically it is beautiful as an overarching compass for the OP world building.

Hope you enjoy thinking about it :)
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Although your biblical statements are wrong
I won't go in details

Well this theory might be true
Maybe all were minks... then anciten people form the moon came and experienced on them to make zoan dfs etc...
Some minks ate Adama fruit and became humans

Interesting