Powers & Abilities Internal destruction Haki and swordsmanship

Hyogoro explained, that Ryuo (flow of Haki) is what enables swordsmen to become one with their sword and achieve the ability to "cut everything". At the same time he said, that the internal destruction Haki Luffy used, is a level above that.

Can and do swordsmen make use of internal destruction Haki too, can they combine these abilities? Rayleigh displayed internal destruction Haki, but only with his palms. So there are two possibilities; possibility 1: internal destruction Haki can translate into cuts, to cut you from within, or 2: You combine both, to cut externally with Ruyo, while at the same time blasting your opponent from within with internal destruction Haki. Otherwise, swordsmen couldn't really make use of it effectively and it would be a brawlers thing.

@ShishioIsBack @HA001 @nik87 @Sentinel @playa4321 @Finalbeta @Bogard @Light D Lamperouge @Red Admiral @Admiral Lee Hung @Cinera etc

Bogard

You can't win
I think the internal destruction lvl of hardening is related to the process to form a black blade for a swordsman

Made a post about this before.

> We first heard of forging a black blade when Zoro was fighting the fox, with the keyword "forged" picking Zoro's interest
> Later on though, during Zoro's training, Tenguyama once again referred to the keyword "forged into" a black blade

And forging literally means to make, create or build into something with Ryuma doing through his history of battles

But what is particularily interesting about knowing this is while trying to compare it to the levels of hardening Oda introduced in his manga
> Level 2 hardening allows to create an invisible armor for defense or offense purposes
> With Level 3 hardening allowing to penetrate interiors and thus with the potential of changing their shape

Reminds you of something? Yes, the process of forging a sword into a black blade.

So as mentioned, I think then that this process is related to level3 hardening, except that it requires continuous usage to eventually permanently turn the blade into a black one

@Bogard so would you say Shanks, Roger and Rayleigh did not forge one due to not fighting enough? Like when they were conquering the new world, it was more about politics instead of continuous battles. Also, it seems like Roger picked up a sword earlier in audulthood and both Shanks and Rayleigh are seen switching their blades, while Mihawk might kept his sword for a long time, participating in countless of battles.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Swordsmen could use it if they ended up fighting without their swords, like Rayleigh did but since they have their swords they dont use it.
I also wouldnt call it a level above other haki, it is not strong enough to harm the tough exterior, it bypasses it and harms the soft insides.
If it was superior, it would harm the hard exterior and wouldnt be called INTERNAL destruction.
It doesnt exist on swordsmen, such application for them is pointless since they are trying to cut the hard exterior as well, not bypass it.

Hyogoro explained, that Ryuo (flow of Haki) is what enables swordsmen to become one with their sword and achieve the ability to "cut everything". At the same time he said, that the internal destruction Haki Luffy used, is a level above that.

Can and do swordsmen make use of internal destruction Haki too, can they combine these abilities? Rayleigh displayed internal destruction Haki, but only with his palms. So there are two possibilities; possibility 1: internal destruction Haki can translate into cuts, to cut you from within, or 2: You combine both, to cut externally with Ruyo, while at the same time blasting your opponent from within with internal destruction Haki. Otherwise, swordsmen couldn't really make use of it effectively and it would be a brawlers thing.

@ShishioIsBack @HA001 @nik87 @Sentinel @playa4321 @Finalbeta @Bogard @Light D Lamperouge @Red Admiral @Admiral Lee Hung @Cinera etc
I think Oden used Top level Ryu (internal CoA) to break Kaido
Dark King use weapons and he should be a very good user of internal CoA
so I think it can be used while using a weapon

maybe this is how they use it?

Post automatically merged:

@Bogard so would you say Shanks, Roger and Rayleigh did not forge one due to not fighting enough? Like when they were conquering the new world, it was more about politics instead of continuous battles. Also, it seems like Roger picked up a sword earlier in audulthood and both Shanks and Rayleigh are seen switching their blades, while Mihawk might kept his sword for a long time, participating in countless of battles.
don't forget ... Yuru is not a new sword ...

I don't think we have enough info to talk that well about blade blades

Swordsmen could use it if they ended up fighting without their swords, like Rayleigh did but since they have their swords they dont use it.
I also wouldnt call it a level above other haki, it is not strong enough to harm the tough exterior, it bypasses it and harms the soft insides.
If it was superior, it would harm the hard exterior and wouldnt be called INTERNAL destruction.
It doesnt exist on swordsmen, such application for them is pointless since they are trying to cut the hard exterior as well, not bypass it.
And if they combine both, to breach the exterior while damaging the interior? Is internal destruction Haki always blunt force or can it be translated into internal carve up similar to Gamma Knife?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
And if they combine both, to breach the exterior while damaging the interior? Is internal destruction Haki always blunt force or can it be translated into internal carve up similar to Gamma Knife?
I see no point in it. If the sword goes through the exterior it will harm the interior as well.
A specific way of harming just the interior isn't needed in that case.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Inb4 the swordsman doesn't manage to breach the exterior. Oden left a deep scar but didn't manage to get entirely through.
That would be a bad swordsman, imo.
Maybe that was just the extent of Oden's damage or top tier swordsman damage on Kaido specifically.
While there is no reason why they cant split normal bodies, it's plausible why they cant split Kaido...

That would be a bad swordsman, imo.
Maybe that was just the extent of Oden's damage or top tier swordsman damage on Kaido specifically.
While there is no reason why they cant split normal bodies, it's plausible why they cant split Kaido...
So a top tier brawler with incredible physical strength like Garp, amped with internal destruction Haki, could compete with a swordsman lethality-wise, wouldn't be? A mountain busting internal destruction punch to Kaido's head would do terrible things.

I think Mihawk casually one shots Kaido with his Ryou
Post automatically merged:

honestly ... if Oda don't show Shanks or Mihawk fight style in 2021 ... (at least 1 panel) ... I'm gonna go to japan and punch him in the face

it's been 24 fucking years Oda ....
If Mihawk and Shanks battle makes Roger/Whitebeard battle look like a complete joke, would you put Mihawk at Pirate King level?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
So a top tier brawler with incredible physical strength like Garp, amped with internal destruction Haki, could compete with a swordsman lethality-wise, wouldn't be? A mountain busting internal destruction punch to Kaido's head would do terrible things.
It would do nothing. A bloody lip at best, just like Luffy did.
No punch in the world of OP can do to Kaido what Oden's slash did.
Except for perhaps King's Punch.

If Mihawk and Shanks battle makes Roger/Whitebeard battle look like a complete joke, would you put Mihawk at Pirate King level?
why not? OF COURSE :kata:

my MAIN problem with Mihawk is that people hype him without enough screen time ... that's what matter the most for me

I would be among first people who wank the fuck out of Mihawk when he give me good screen time

Shanks vs Mihawk is the ONLY legendary duel in one piece story ...

so yes ... I would be happy to wank Mihawk ... and even 1 strong on screen hype ... I easily put him above Shanks :cheers: