Powers & Abilities Is Big Mom even at her strongest right now? We might actually be returning to WCI, like it was hinted at.

So I was re-reading some chapters of Thriller Bark, looking for parallels to the Wano arc, when I realized something. Big Mom and Moriah's abilities share some striking similarities. I'm not really going to go into detail, and break it down as they are pretty apparent, but there is one that I want to touch upon, and that is the fact that Moriah would use the powers of the shadows he collected as a means to buff himself.

Now on a surface level, people would make the argument that Big Mom's abilities don't work like that, but there is actually one critical piece of evidence that suggest that they do, that most of us just glossed over. In Big Mom's confrontation with Marco, she told him that the reason she didn't want to fight against him at the time, was because she didn't possess enough souls at the moment.

That statement right there pretty much confirms that Big Mom can become stronger, with the more souls she has at her disposal. Here on Wano, she is pretty much scrapping by with the bare minimum amount of souls. If you take that and compare it to Tottoland, where she has tens of thousands, if not millions of souls at her disposal, then it stands to reason, that Big Mom would only be at her absolute strongest, while in her own Country.

If this is the case, then is Oda really going to have Big Mom's permanent defeat, be here on Wano? Will he really remove a Yonko completely from the story without showcasing what they are truly capable of? During the WCI arc, it was reiterated many of times that Luffy would return to the Country to defeat Big Mom on her home turf. If Big Mom truly does become stronger the more souls she has, then Oda just might be bringing us back to WCI at some point in the future.

If Oda does do this, I doubt it would be in the form of a full blown arc, as he has already gone that route. But maybe, just maybe this will be where we finally get a full blown Naval Battle at Sea, as Oda did hype of her Naval force heavily during the arc. Perhaps this is where the Grand Fleet will come back into play as well.

Anyway, my main question is, is Big Mom at her full strength right now, or is there truth in those words she spoke to Marco about not having enough souls to want to fight against him, and does this indicate that she becomes stronger the more souls she has?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Well depending on the definition. She will most likely still unleash something power level wise but this form is more probably the strongest one she can pull yes.

I mean, while BM did say that she didn't have the souls to spare on Marco, she still flew to the roof to fight a force much stronger than Marco.

It's more like she needed her main souls to fight the Supernova 5 and fighting Marco posed a risk of losing them since she almost lost Prometheus.
i doubt big mom was talking about the supernovas , as she had no clue who was going up to the roof besided Luffy , it's far more likely that she's saving souls to backstab Kaido

Hilarious to see Luffyboys suddenly entering damage control now that Mid might pull off what their boy couldn't :suresure:
What damage control? I'm all about Kid getting his shine as long as it is executed well.

Does that mean we should ignore information given in the Manga?

Does Big Mom or does she not imply she is stronger the more souls she has? So how about you answer the actual question the thread poses, instead of deflecting.

Personally I feel she has more to show I stand by the fact that she may fall this arc but I don’t think we are done with her sure we can’t take everything at face value in the story I suppose but for me luffy vs big mom will happen and we will see big mom in all her glorious awakened power if what u say is true then her being on home turf will be a sight to see her taking back in all those souls

I believe Oda will end BM's role in the plot here in Wano!
She is nerfed and will get even more nerfed soon!
Her defeat won't satisfying!
What do you feel about Luffy's idea to beat Big Mom via his strong FI declaration and also Katakuri's words regarding her post his defeat? 🤔

I wouldn't even refer to it as a nerf to be honest. Nobody says Moriah is "nerfed" when he's not maxed out with 1000 shadows. That's just him in base, which he can then use his shadows to buff himself. Or no one says Luffy is nerfed when he's not using G4.

This would be more along the lines of that. Big Mom is currently in her base, but with more souls, she can buff her abilities.

If she had a soul asgard she'd solo the verse
Nah, I think it would come with downsides in her case, as she would grow even more gigantic and prolly loses a lot of mobility, which would expose her even more against faster guys that pack enough AP.
For example I could see Roger Kamusari spaming Asgard BM into oblivion and for Kizaru she would prolly end up being target practice at this point.

If she's Zenkai boosting while keepiing her proportions though, it would be ridiculous

I both agree and disagree.
I definitely don't think we're returning to Whole Cake, Big Mom is being taken down right here and now in Onigashima.
But I can totally see a Moriah-like super attack where she uses a high amount of souls to either boost herself or her homies, so I think what's more likely is that she'll use all the fodder's souls. There are like what, 50 thousand capable warriors right now in the battlefield?
Interesting theory.
:kata: