Speculations Is Eustass Kidd the 1% man?

Is he?

• Yeah, he is

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • No, he's not

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Maybe, I don't know

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters
As we all know, there's a particular man with 1% chance of surviving hangin' around in Onigashima

"that man"

We had the confermation that Killer is not that man last chapter (1011), since he has 8%

Now in this chapter (1012) we had a cover with Kidd, in which he wears an apron with 99% written on it

Is this a hint at Kidd being that man with 1%?

Last edited:
It only makes sense to be Luffy because the way he is and the way Hawkins is interesting of Luffy's lucky and fate.

At the end of the day this is pure bullshit, is just Oda miserably failling to give any impression that Luffy can lost, die and everything is against his favor but he overcome all that because he is destined to do the things he is doing.

If you follow Hawkins Role in this Arc, you know that he would Check one of Three:

Drake ---> The one who Betrayed him & Kaido
Law ---> For obvious reasons
Luffy ---> The Man that Law trusted & their Alliance worked unlike Hawkins

Also Hawkins would check the Chances to see if he stays with Kaido or not.
So imo he checked either Luffy or Law.
Definitely not Kid, & him meeting Kid & Killer actually proves it's not Kid because he would have mentioned it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
As we all know, there's a particular man with 1% chance of surviving hangin' around in Onigashima

"that man"

We had the confermation that Killer is not that man last chapter (1011), since he has 8%

Now in this chapter (1012) we had a cover with Kidd, in which he wears an apron with 99% written on it

Is this a hint at Kidd being that man with 1%?
I’m relatively certain it’s not a hint, but Kid could be the guy nonetheless. We put too much stock in cover requests and color spreads, only the actual serialized stories have any real bearing on the plot past symbolism or realistic theorizing. Also, Kid will survive Wano regardless of the odds...he’s gonna be one of the most notorious and powerful pirates in the world once the Yonko go down, no reason to take him out of commission at this point.

Eh, to me me it's just weird that Hawkins would be looking into Kid, with no prior interactions with him in the Wano arc itself.

I guess one could make the argument that since they were once in an alliance together, Hawkins was checking to see if he made the right decision in joining with Kaido, but you don't really need fortune telling to let you know that joining a Yonko is the safer bet 99.9 percent of the time.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Eh, to me me it's just weird that Hawkins would be looking into Kid, with no prior interactions with him in the Wano arc itself.

I guess one could make the argument that since they were once in an alliance together, Hawkins was checking to see if he made the right decision in joining with Kaido, but you don't really need fortune telling to let you know that joining a Yonko is the safer bet 99.9 percent of the time.
Nah kidd makes more sense than someone like zoro.
Zoro and luffy is meaningless.
Law is the best shout imo cause he actually could die. I can see killer maybe dying dunno about kidd.