General & Others Is Luffy a top 5 manga MC/protagonist?

Is Luffy a top 5 manga (Shonen/Seinen/etc included) MC/protagonist?

• Total voters
Manga? Protagonist?

You could pick all humans that have ever lived and will ever live and Luffy is >>> infinity > them.

Hope that answers your question.

Luffy is one of the worst MC I have ever seen.

No character development. Just be stubborn, childish, and keep depending on luck and destiny.

All we learn from this character is that the world is unfair. Luffy represents a perfect example of billionaire son who can be cocky and ignorant as much as he want but still become successful and being loved by everyone.

Last edited:
Luffy is one of the worst MC I have ever seen.

No character development. Just be stubborn, childish, and keep depending on luck and destiny.

All we learn from this character is that the world is unfair. Luffy represents a perfect example of billionaire son who can be cocky and ignorant as much as he want but still become successful and being loved by everyone.
Very good opinion.

Personally, I appreciate that Luffy is not a top protagonist. The lesser emphasis on Luffy allows Oda to focus on his top tier unique and wonderful talents: character design and โ€œworldโ€ design.

Literally any other character in One Piece is more interesting than Luffy

Why else do you think Oda writes such elaborate character arcs for side characters like Rebecca, Kyros, Momo and the scabbards? Because even Oda is tired of Luffy.

If he could, I think Oda would even replace Luffy as the MC, but he's too popular and fans would riot.