Current Events Is Oda leaving Sanji behind?

Is sanji no longer in the league of Zoro and Luffy?

• Yes but this gap was there from the beginning

• Yes but the gap became more apparent since Time skip

• Yes but sanji will close the gap in future

• There is no gap because I read two piece

• Gap is there but atleast his neck isn't getting squeezed like King and Queen 🀭

Results are only viewable after voting.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
Even though sanji primary role is that of a cook but he used to get good fights atleast pre TS.

But since TS, there is definite trend being set by Oda

Luffy-
  1. Got fights in all arcs since TS.
  2. Oda clearly laid down the basis of him fighting kaido in wano and even gave him training in WCI and Wano

Zoro-
  1. Had fight in Dressrosa
  2. In WCI he was not there but oda compensated it by giving him repeated fights in wano against Worst gen - Hawkins, Killer, Apoo
  3. Oda clearly laid down evidences to build the narrative that zoro will fight against kaido.
  4. He also have him training in parallel with Luffy

But when it comes to Sanji story is entirely different
  1. At PH, had clash with Vergo's Left Leg which didn't end well
  2. At Dressrosa, Doffy rekt him.
  3. In WCI, he didn't get a single fight despite being in the centre of that arc
  4. And, in Wano
    • Oda made him use RS quite early and that too against Page one
    • No sub plot laid down for his fight against anyone yet.
    • And, now put him against Black Maria
One can raise question that why oda didn't let Sanji help Marco drop zoro to the roof when he was fighting two YCs to set the stage for sanji vs a calamity.

It would have been nice way to have sanji in chapter 1000 but oda didn't have him at all in chapter 1000.

This is clearly a trend that oda is separating Sanji from the leagues of Luffy and Zoro.

And, it makes sense as well as both Luffy and zoro have dreams linked with strength and are fighters first.

Reborn

β€Ž
No.

But this thread appears in it's many forms in every arc since probably Alabasta.

Zoro and Sanji's 1 v 1 fights this arc will be against King and Queen.
Zoro won't get one vs one in wano.

It's clear that he is going against kaido and BM who are much bigger threat.

Anyway this trend became more apparent since TS

WCI should be more than confirmation that Sanji's role as a fighter has been shoved to the side compared to Zoro and specialy to Luffy. Just like chopper is more of a doctor and not a fighter anymore. Hell, Franky is getting more shine than Sanji when it comes to combat for a long time now. Why cant his diehardfans just be happy with his his mr prince stunts and his cakes?
:sanjimeh:

Last edited:

Reborn

β€Ž
He will get a 1 vs 1 against King.

This is just one of those times when you guys get caught in the moment, the final match-ups are not entirely set up.
I just told you that this trend has become more apparent since TS and in yonkous saga.

Can you counter this trend with evidence then I am happy to listen.

But there isn't. There is clear distinction between pre ts and post TS scenario here

WCI should be more than confirmation that Sanji's role as a fighter hes been shoved to the side compared to Zoro and specialy to Luffy. Hell, Franky is getting more shine than Sanji when it comes to combat for a long time now. Why cant his diehardfans just be happy with his his mr prince stunts and his cakes?
:sanjimeh:
WCI ends with Sanji being given a tool for combat.

The conclusion literally is "Here is something that will make you stronger".

It's always been Luffy > Zoro > Sanji >>> everyone else.

Sometimes people just mistake accounting for that and giving Zoro more shine than Sanji, as some catastrophic change that means Sanji's being abandoned. Nothing ever changes, they are still the M3.

We've seen that in Sabaody Post TIme Skip.

We've seen that in FI with the Kraken.

We've seen it in Luffy leaving half the crew in Sanji's care in Dressrosa.

We've seen it in Oda giving main focus within the crew in consecutive Yonko arcs to Sanji and Zoro.

We see it in Wano with Luffy, Zoro and Sanji getting most panel time among the SH's in that order.

And we will see it again when they each defeat a yop YC in their 1 vs match ups of Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen.
Post automatically merged:

I just told you that this trend has become more apparent since TS and in yonkous saga.

Can you counter this trend with evidence then I am happy to listen.

But there isn't. There is clear distinction between pre ts and post TS scenario here
M3 get's highlighted as such as soon as the crew reunites in Sabaody post time skip. That's the very first thing Oda does.

Get's highlited again in Fishman island vs the Kraken and they get outright called the three monsters of the crew.

Get's highlited in Oda giving significant focus to Sanji and Zoro in consecutive Yonko arcs for WCI and Wano.

Sanji walked into Wano as the SH with the highest bounty after Luffy, received third most panel time in Wano among the SH's after Zoro and Luffy, and will defeat Queen by the end of the arc while Zoro defeats King.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
I think the issue is more nuanced. Post time skip Oda gave Luffy a lot of shine while relegating Sanji and Zoro to specific arcs. That being said Sanji did get a LOT of character development at WCI. Although he didn't get a proper 1v1 fight, I still feel that Sanji was the MVP of that arc (along with Luffy ofc).

Yeah Oda gave Zoro a lot of 1v1s with supernovas (Hawkins and Killer) but I guess it was much needed since Zoro only really had 1 fight in dressrosa after punk hazard. Still Sanji got a much needed power up with the RS and a lot of shine in the fights with Page 1 and Drake.

Even though oda tends to give his favourite sh luffy much more shine than other sh's even in arcs that are supposed to be theirs, i wouldnt write sanji off yet despite the perceived "L's" he took in onigashima. With the introduction of the RS (we still dont have a proper upper ceiling for it in terms of power scaling), him telling Momo that he did great when he owned up to his family name and legacy on stage (setting the script for Sanji to accept his own family's name and legacy finally) and Queen talking about Judge, there is a lot for Sanji still left in this arc imo.

Yes, and his focus was into baking a cake, with Luffy soloing 2 YC's in the arc. The direction he is taking Sanji is pretty clear.
I mean, Zoro himself has yet to solo a single YC, and people argue that he should not get that feat even after Wano ends.

The direction is that Oda has Sanji require to use a RS to keep up, because he is not as combat focused as Zoro. That's the point and the direction.

Sanji haters like to half take that point to mock Sanji for using a RS, but ignore the other side of the coin and dismiss the fact that with the RS he is still meant to keep up.

That's the whole purpose of the RS. The explanation for why Sanji can keep up.

If Oda wanted for him to not keep up, there would have been no RS come the end of WCI. He does not need the RS for his cooking.

I mean, Zoro himself has yet to solo a single YC, and people argue that he should not get that feat even after Wano end.

The direction is that Oda has Sanji require to use a RS to keep up, because he is not as combat focused as Zoro. That's the point and the direction.

Sanji haters like to half take that point to mock Sanji for using a RS, but ignore the other side of the coin and dismiss the fact that with the RS he is still meant to keep up.

That's the whole purpose of the RS. The explanation for why Sanji can keep up.

If Oda wanted for him to not keep up, there would have been no RS come the end of WCI, he does not need the RS for cooking.
Zoro dosent need to solo a YC, only a complete idiot would think Zoro wouldnt be able to beat a YC by the end of wano at this point in the story when he already got a powerup and is right there with Luffy facing Kaido. And no, people are not mocking Sanji for using a RS, they are mocking Sanji for getting captured by fodder, by not being able to hurt Page One, by being used as a disposeable hype tool for enemies since the TS....Etc...

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
β€Ž
Sanji stans still praying for Zoro to fight a calamity, it's not happening. Zoro and Sanji are on different levels, the sooner you accept it, the less these next few chapters will hurt. Zoro is facing off against Yonko whether you like it or not.
u better pray world government find out zoro got a magically sword enma which will boost his bounty by over 1bil with the name enma alone otherwise sanji bounty will always be higher

Unlike WCI, Wano arc is similar to Dressrosa. A land ruled by a tyrant and SH pirates alliance is fighting against the forces of evil. So if Sanji is going to get a fight, it will be in this arc.
And as for chapter 1000 and how Sanji was not there in the fight, it basically shows the Old Gen Pirates vs the New Gen pirates. As far as we know, these guys (Law, Kidd, Killer, Luffy and Zoro) are the faces of the new pirate era.
Sanji is mostly a stealth kind of guy and many people assume that was one of the reason why was not part of the infamous Worst generation. But it is true that Sanji's one on one fights are somewhat diminished compared to the pre time skip. So if we are going to see a vintage Sanji fight, I believe Wano arc will the the apt one.
But seeing how he used the raid suit early on does not give me much hope. But hey, we never know, there might be more to the raid suit than what we have seen.

Sanji stans still praying for Zoro to fight a calamity, it's not happening. Zoro and Sanji are on different levels, the sooner you accept it, the less these next few chapters will hurt. Zoro is facing off against Yonko whether you like it or not.
Funny thing is, i've been consistent in my whole activity on this forum in regards to the match-ups

Zoro vs King

Sanji vs Queen

I have a whole thread even made on this, and i know that these fights will go down regardless of my bias for Sanji over Zoro.

It's funny because for a long time Zoro fans were happy with me supporting these fights and not taking side with the Sanji fans that were saying Sanji will fight King. I never jumped on the opportunity to put down Zoro and say that he will get less than what he deserves and i know he's going to get.

So it's not a matter of me "praying" that Zoro get's something that you guys think is less at this point in time. Y'all switch around like crazy anyway, come a couple of weeks half this forum will shuffle their opinion on probably half the match-ups and power levels for all the characters in Wano.

I'm just being fair towards all characters involved, and Zoro beating King should be something any Zoro fan should take pride in. Most of you will jump on the King hype train when that match-ups gets confirmed anyway for extra wank points for Zoro.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro dosent need to solo a YC, only a complete idiot would think Zoro wouldnt be able to beat a YC by the end of wano at this point in the story when he already got a powerup and is right there with Luffy facing Kaido. And no, people are not mocking Sanji for using a RS, they are mocking Sanji for getting captured by fodder, by not being able to hurt Page One, by being used as a disposeable hype tool for enemies since the TS....Etc...
Well Page One was screaming from the top of his lungs from just two basic RS kicks for the whole Capital to hear, and Sanji getting delayed by Women has nothing to do with their strenght.

So basically you're confirming people mock Sanji because they're either dumbasses or not genuine.

Last edited: