Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
What has Zoro done throughout this arc other than being responsible for protecting Oden's whore daughter?
By that logic, what has Luffy done asside from getting his ass handed to him by Kaido? Even escaping Udon was not on him, it was Tama and Linlin.
:kayneshrug:
Zoro got plenty of screentime in wano, from him we got to meet Yasue, Hyori and the fox. Think about it, for the first time Luffy is not the one introducing us to the princess of the arc.

B

Ballel

feel when Oda hyped WCI as Sanji's arc. He meant it as we know more about Sanji and his past. It had nothing to do with shining the most or being the most impressive.....as he was outshined by people like Brook and Nami. It was just that he would be the most developed.
I agree on this.
We assumed Wano will be Zoro's arc due to it being the country of swordsmen.
Zoro DID get some development and interaction with Wano's citizens, with Yasuie, Gyukimaru etc.
Imo we don't need a dedicated arc with each characters full backstory. I don't need Zoro to be from some famous family line or that some tragic stuff happened to his parents or whatever.

Zoro interacted with Wano Characters more than any other Strawhat other than Luffy and has the second most panel time this arc.

Oda was never gonna have him "outshine" Luffy character focus wise so the amount of focus he got is insane given Oda's Luffy fetish lately.

Zoro interacted with Wano Characters more than any other Strawhat other than Luffy and has the second most panel time this arc.

Oda was never gonna have him "outshine" Luffy character focus wise so the amount of focus he got is insane given Oda's Luffy fetish lately.
If not the fact Zoro got so much screening time is probably a good sign about the Zoro outperforming Luffy argument. As a matter of fact in a sense he already outperformed Luffy feats wise, but we will find out what happens next.

Honestly? Zoro has barely anything to do with Wano at all. By this point I would think we would get a revelation like "Roronoa Ryumma" or something
This is Yamato's and Otama's arc, and that i precisely the reason Wano sucks
One Piece peaked in Water 7 and the last epic arc we got was Marineford
I won't drop OP for now, but I'll read everything bimonthly with little expectations
Maybe things will heat up again once Blackbeard kidnaps Nami