Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
Even with Luffy out of the eqation, how many times was Kid shown talking about Kaido compared to Zoro? And you can't pretend what he says doesn't matter is irrelevant; he was shown in the very recent chapter alongside Luffy
Okay. But Oda is doing duo antagonists right?

After this flashback, it's very clear Orochi is as much of s villain in this arc as kaido is. So Oda has to make one of the main cast care about that right?

Like we came into Wano knowing both Kaido and Orochi are the antagonists but Oda went of his way to have Luffy get tangled up with kaido AGAIN so that the reader can have on panel evidence of kaido being a villain. Hence why Luffy gets smacked and imprisoned then he decides to train. Then Oda has to do the same for the other antagonist Orochi by having him get tied up with Zoro so that we can have on panel evidence of Orochi being a villain. And bonus Zoro also gets a training sword.

Done. We've set up the two villains in the eyes of the reader through the eyes of the two primary protagonists here, Luffy and Zoro. Then a bonus flashback with the two villains being shown in the eyes of Oden.

Now a war begins. That's the basic structure of Wano so far.

I don't know whether you are talking about fight match ups and saying that's what determines "the year of Zoro" because remember "the year of Sanji" was very lacklustre in terms of fight match ups right?

You bring up kid and that's fine. He'll help with taking down kaido. It doesn't mean he's more important than Zoro though. Hell Zoro is probably gonna help with fighting kaido too so...

They will make up excuses on how Zoro didn't break his promise

They bash Sanji but Zoro didn't even do what he boasted to Luffy.
He didn't even try recruiting samurais while strawhats and retainers in alliance were recruiting people.

The fact Zoro didn't even move a muscle to recruit or round up allies, it's such a disappointment when even Nami or wano fodders did the job to get allies
well Frankly anti Kaido weapon is nowhere to be seen yet and we are entering the war already.

Plus Oda kinda answered Zoro decision

Last edited:
G

Gran D. Master

Is valid lol.

How many times in arcs individuals have claimed wantings to kill the big boss of the arcs.

Literally all arcs have that yet we know Luffy does the job.
How many of those individuals were Luffy's supernova rivals? Only legit example I can think of is Law aagainst Doffy, but it's a stretch to call Law a rival at this point since he's been swallowing Luffy's semen since PH

How many of those individuals were Luffy's supernova rivals? Only legit example I can think of is Law aagainst Doffy, but it's a stretch to call Law a rival at this point since he's been swallowing Luffy's semen since PH
Supernova rivals? weak attempt bro.

Well I thought you refer on the " grudge " those individuals had against the big boss.
This is the argument all use.

Damn the change in energy...

Recently it was "I bet Zoro is killing Kaido. Jobbers like Kid won't even touch Kaido"
Now you're more convinced that Kid will help against Kaido than Zoro will. That's exactly what I mean with it not being Zoro's arc
Are you quoting me from somewhere? Why don't you find the exact quote of me saying this because I certainly don't remember saying "Zoro will kill kaido"

Anyway I've given you a very clear break down of what Oda is doing. And it's very clear that Zoro is the second most central character in this arc.

If your measure of "important character" has nothing to do with how many important plots the characer is involved in and it's just about who the character fights in the end then WCI wasn't really "Sanji's arc" then right? Since you don't care that outside luffy he had he most shit going on and all that matters is that he didn't have a fight at the end.

Hehehe, and even using your logic, Zoro's still had more fights than Kid, Zoro gotten power ups to be able to fight kaido while kid hasn't. Zoro's being match up against commanders for his end of arc battle. Zoro's still slated for even more power ups before he end of the arc.

Like even if all you cared about was fights, I still don't see how Zoro is lacking in this department

Nami had a 8 year old "Grudge" against Arlong and she didn't do shit against him. Luffy beat Arlong's ass without even knowing him for a day
Yup because luffy is always the star snd it doesn't matter who has a grudge on who. Like law had a 10 year grudge and a 2 yar plan to beat Doffy and Luffy is the one who did most of the work since this is luffy's show. But suddenly kid is gonna appear and break this pattern that started in East blue?

G

Gran D. Master

Are you quoting me from somewhere? Why don't you find the exact quote of me saying this because I certainly don't remember saying "Zoro will kill kaido"

Anyway I've given you a very clear break down of what Oda is doing. And it's very clear that Zoro is the second most central character in this arc.

If your measure of "important character" has nothing to do with how many important plots the characer is involved in and it's just about who the character fights in the end then WCI wasn't really "Sanji's arc" then right? Since you don't care that outside luffy he had he most shit going on and all that matters is that he didn't have a fight at the end.

Hehehe, and even using your logic, Zoro's still had more fights than Kid, Zoro gotten power ups to be able to fight kaido while kid hasn't. Zoro's being match up against commanders for his end of arc battle. Zoro's still slated for even more power ups before he end of the arc.

Like even if all you cared about was fights, I still don't see how Zoro is lacking in this department
What's the main objective of this arc?

G

Gran D. Master

Yup because luffy is always the star snd it doesn't matter who has a grudge on who. Like law had a 10 year grudge and a 2 yar plan to beat Doffy and Luffy is the one who did most of the work since this is luffy's show. But suddenly kid is gonna appear and break this pattern that started in East blue?
The fact that he still didn't jump on Luffy's dick and doesn't want to acknowledge him as an ally makes it pretty apparent to me that he already broke the pattern

The fact that he still didn't jump on Luffy's dick and doesn't want to acknowledge him as an ally makes it pretty apparent to me that he already broke the pattern
Except he just made a coordinated attack with luffy right now.

Hehe, luffy is literally saving Kid's life from the kindness of his heart and you're claiming because he's a Tsundere about it that makes him more important? Is that how that works? Being a tsudenere matters