Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
G

Gran D. Master

Except he just made a coordinated attack with luffy right now.

Hehe, luffy is literally saving Kid's life from the kindness of his heart and you're claiming because he's a Tsundere about it that makes him more important? Is that how that works? Being a tsudenere matters
Even Garp teamed up with Roger at some point

Yes, Wano is Zoro's arc. And that has been foreshadowed since Wano was introduced with... Zoro vs Ryuma. There has been very clear build up, from its first mention, of Zoro playing a huge role in Wano. And Oda has delivered on that, because we're now in the situation where he's been armed with the sword of the rightful Shogun and aims to kill the usurper. That's his own, distinct plot, a vitally important one.

But arc's don't just have one character that they revolve around. That really hasn't been the case since... Alabasta? WCI was Sanji's arc- but it was also Jinbei, and Pedro, and Carrot, and Katakuri, and Big Mom, and Capone's arc. And Dressrosa was Law's arc, but it was also the Grand Fleet, and Doflamingo's, and Fujitora's, and Kyros, and Rebecca's. And Elbaf will be Ussop's arc, but we can be sure other characters will be involved as well (Hajrudin, Lola and Big Mom already having staked a claim as well)

And Wano in particular is huge, because it's the culmination of every single arc since the timeskip. There's a lot of storylines to be wrapped up here. It's, narratively speaking, the biggest arc One Piece has had since Marineford. There's a lot of characters that need to shine, and for some of them, it'll be for the last time. Zoro's moving on after this with the rest of the crew. Most of the other characters here aren't.

As for Kid and Law- so far in Wano, they've been overshadowed by Luffy, Zoro, the Kozuki's and the Red Scabbards. Law's contribution has been nagging at the alliance and having an on going fight with Hawkins. Kid has done even less, he's just ran around Udon and got freed by Luffy's alliance. They have been set up to attempt to take down Kaido, but I've seen nothing to suggest they'll succeed. They are characters that Oda's hyped up, so you'd think they'll at least land one decent hit on him, but more than that? Very doubtful. And quite honestly Zoro's got just as much build up to do that much as those two have.

Kid I have more hope for, because Law's already had his arc and Kid, from Saobody, was meant to be the bigger dog, comparatively. Overall contribution to the plot of Wano though? Zoro's got them both beat, hands down.

Even Garp teamed up with Roger at some point
And they were so close that Garp was told to take care of the man's kid.

Again, I'm not arguing about Kid being of use. He exists for a reason here. Maybe he steal kaido’s club or some shit. Or maybe Oda will lie to us that the man has Luffy level armament to damage kaido after taking only L's in the new world. Oda can choose to employ bad writing if he wants. It's his story

What I'm saying is according to YOUR VERY OWN POST, Zoro is obviously more important than kid. It's very obvious with all that's happened in Wano so far that Zoro is.

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

well Frankly anti Kaido weapon is nowhere to be seen yet and we are entering the war already.

Plus Oda kinda answered Zoro decision
Bring up Franky who didn't boast as much as Zoro
Franky who wasn't shown much, at least frankly also contributed at recruiting allies

What did Zoro do? Eat sleep, get lost, sleep, eat, train
A joke of Firstmate

"Oda has answered Zoro decision" and post sandman tweet lol

Zoro failed to do what he said
Yes, Wano is Zoro's arc. And that has been foreshadowed since Wano was introduced with... Zoro vs Ryuma. There has been very clear build up, from its first mention, of Zoro playing a huge role in Wano. And Oda has delivered on that, because we're now in the situation where he's been armed with the sword of the rightful Shogun and aims to kill the usurper. That's his own, distinct plot, a vitally important one.

But arc's don't just have one character that they revolve around. That really hasn't been the case since... Alabasta? WCI was Sanji's arc- but it was also Jinbei, and Pedro, and Carrot, and Katakuri, and Big Mom, and Capone's arc. And Dressrosa was Law's arc, but it was also the Grand Fleet, and Doflamingo's, and Fujitora's, and Kyros, and Rebecca's. And Elbaf will be Ussop's arc, but we can be sure other characters will be involved as well (Hajrudin, Lola and Big Mom already having staked a claim as well)

And Wano in particular is huge, because it's the culmination of every single arc since the timeskip. There's a lot of storylines to be wrapped up here. It's, narratively speaking, the biggest arc One Piece has had since Marineford. There's a lot of characters that need to shine, and for some of them, it'll be for the last time. Zoro's moving on after this with the rest of the crew. Most of the other characters here aren't.

As for Kid and Law- so far in Wano, they've been overshadowed by Luffy, Zoro, the Kozuki's and the Red Scabbards. Law's contribution has been nagging at the alliance and having an on going fight with Hawkins. Kid has done even less, he's just ran around Udon and got freed by Luffy's alliance. They have been set up to attempt to take down Kaido, but I've seen nothing to suggest they'll succeed. They are characters that Oda's hyped up, so you'd think they'll at least land one decent hit on him, but more than that? Very doubtful. And quite honestly Zoro's got just as much build up to do that much as those two have.

Kid I have more hope for, because Law's already had his arc and Kid, from Saobody, was meant to be the bigger dog, comparatively. Overall contribution to the plot of Wano though? Zoro's got them both beat, hands down.
Zoro doesn't have any direct build up vs Kaido.
Justt like he didn't have one vs doffy that's why he never fought doffy alongside law and luffy.
Instead he was stalling birdcage.

Kidd and law have a real direct build up against Kaido.

Na those are Roger and Garp.

Luffy has not rivals but Blackbeard.

( Imagine undermining BB to try to care about kid or law)
:suresure: Teach is a Yonko
Luffy isnt even in the same league as him yet.
But you say "luffy& BB are Rivals"

Then you go say Law isnt Luffy rival coz law is weaker than Luffy.

Sometimes y'all need to stop trolling

:suresure: Teach is a Yonko
Luffy isnt even in the same league as him yet.
But you say "luffy& BB are Rivals"

Then you go say Law isnt Luffy rival coz law is weaker than Luffy.

Sometimes y'all need to stop trolling
Uh?

Didn't Blackbeard said Luffy was not "there" yet?

Kid is not on Luffys league yet you said they are rivals....

I never mentioned law in my comments tbh you are again reading things no one typed.

plus.....I think you can't use the word " troll"

Worst

Custom title
I think that Wano will be Zoro's arc just means that we will get to know more about his origins (like WCI was for Sanji) not that Zoro will be the protagonist of the arc cuz that's Luffy's story not Zoro's, he's not the one who have to become the PK, he will have his moments for sure ,i mean WCI was a "rescue" mission, they're here to fight (hell i'm sure even Sanji will shine more than he did in WCI bc of the fights so no doubts about Zoro)