Questions & Mysteries Is Yuji from the Heian era? Chapter 214+

Is Yuji from the Heian era?

• Total voters
So, Chapter 214 just gave us another hint towards Yuji's past and a possible clue to why he is the way he is:

Now, the question is, what does "from back then" mean?

Is Yuji from Sukuna's time? How would that even work since we saw him as a baby, and even saw his mom and dad amd grandpa?

Who is he really? Is only his body from the Heian era?
Whose body is it?

Tags:
@Light D Lamperouge @Worst @Seth @RayanOO @ZoroMazino @L55 @MonsterKaido etc (tag other users if you wish)

I have more so also wondered why phenotypically he resembles sukuna
thought it was an art style choice like nami but have seen enough to say it clearly isnt.

imo kenjaku ( yuji's mom) might have created him as an effective sukuna counter measure perhaps based on someone in the past
He was surely an anti-Sukuna measure if nothing else than because he was a cage. His sturdy body and this sudden awakening just add more credence to it

However I'm not a fan of this direction, if it ends up true
Post automatically merged:

its weird
has kenjaku ever shown any sort of affection towards yuji?
He thanked Yuji's occult club friend for spending time with him, and told Yuji he expects much from him in Shibuya

He was surely an anti-Sukuna measure if nothing else than because he was a cage. His sturdy body and this sudden awakening just add more credence to it

He thanked Yuji's occult club friend for spending time with him, and told Yuji he expects much from him in Shibuya
him being a cage for a good amount of time also implies he might inherit his techniques as gojo implies.
am afraid its leaning to that hmmm

Worst

Custom title
Well it's interesting and adds some context to Kenjaku/Sukuna's relationship.

We first have Kenjaku telling Kashimo that the strongest sorcerer he knew is Sukuna and he made a deal with Kashimo ( & other sorcerers as well ) to incarnate them in future in the hope of fighting Sukuna( at least that's what the incarnated sorcerers seem to be wanting )

So this implied that he knew Sukuna was gonna incarnate again in this period of time and it was also safe to assume they had a deal ?

This chapter seem to be making it quite clear that this is likely the case.

Kenjaku said to the curses that to achieve their goal they had to do 2 things.
1) Get rid of Gojo
2) Get Itadori and Sukuna on their side

It's weird that he said Itadori and Sukuna, he could have just said Sukuna and make the goal to somehow force Itadori into a binding vow ( which he probably could have done this himself if he wanted to )
And then ofc after he got rid of Gojo he said that it's not really important if Sukuna actually joins the party, he can just stay inside Itadori as a vessel his CE will do the rest.

If Yuji from the Heian era it would mean he's different than just " mixing the perfect genes for the perfect vessel " cuz we know Kenjaku had to prepare the bodies of someone for Kashimo etc for them to incarnate ( probably when he casted Idle transfiguration ?
He said he casted it on non-sorcerers whom he had markedd and gave them strength as vessels ) but the process for Sukuna was clearly different, and maybe for a reason ?

Sukuna seem to be aware of that not only bc of the phrase " right the brat is from that time " but also bc he said " Kenjaku goes the grossest things " and it's not like he doesn't know what a vessel is, he knows Yuji is a different kind of product it could be that he's Sukuna's " original " body, maybe an attempt of cloning ? But then he rewrote his genetis somehow...i feel like we need some more infos here

Another cool thing is that he said it like it's normal from people from the heian era to be so tough xD

Gojo playing on easy mode here!

What do you dislike about it?

I think it’s an interesting direction to take it in. Not what I expected but not bad either

Though I do think there’s room for error. Gege has to tread lightly here

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Interesting. I don't know where Gege is going with here. We saw Yuji as a baby, so no idea how it could be someone elses body and stuff. Hopefully we get an explanation soon I guess.

Tho how wild must you be for Sukuna to call you gross lmao?? Kenny a weirdo weirdo.

Last edited:
What do you dislike about it?

I think it’s an interesting direction to take it in. Not what I expected but not bad either

Though I do think there’s room for error. Gege has to tread lightly here
I would have prefered for Yuji to have been "normal" - as much as you can be with Kenjaku as your mom. In other words, he was special already in that he was carefully made to contain Sukuna and his power. Making him someone special from the past - someone Sukuna clearly knows yet hasn't refered to ever before now - is forced

I would have prefered for Yuji to have been "normal" - as much as you can be with Kenjaku as your mom. In other words, he was special already in that he was carefully made to contain Sukuna and his power. Making him someone special from the past - someone Sukuna clearly knows yet hasn't refered to ever before now - is forced
Ah

Are you not a fan of the whole “child of destiny” thing in general or do you prefer it when it’s executed better?

Ah

Are you not a fan of the whole “child of destiny” thing in general or do you prefer it when it’s executed better?
I'm ok with the trope since it's a shonen manga after all
But I would've appreciated some prior acknowledgment from Sukuna that Yuji is "from that time". I mean, you were in his body, bro, you can notice these things a day or five before lol