Future Events Is Zoro ever gonna fight against someone with the same dream as him?

So besides Mihawk the holder of the title Zoro will never see someone else who care about obtaining the title challenge him or the other way around? Kinda lackluster.
The only person I can think of that Zoro may have a difficult time with before he gets to Mihawk is Shiryu.

Unless Kuina is somehow alive, I think it’s too late for a real competitor to Zoro to arrive in the story.

This runs parallel to the ongoing discussion about how underwhelming Kid has been - as well as how Law has devolved into a Straw Hat proxy. Oda clearly wants to keep Luffy and Zoro peerless, even when it’s to the detriment of the narrative.

The world in general seems to have barely a dozen true, unalloyed swordsmen. Shiryu may not even truly be in the running now that he has eaten his fruit, given that from what Zoro said of King, any display of pragmatism is disqualifying in a swordsman. It’s going to be a very underwhelming accomplishment.

Oda should've atleast made one of the SN captains a swordsman with the dream of being the WSS.

Imagine the interaction with Zoro on the roof top.
Two SN aspiring WSS trying to outperform each other and also making a combo that increases the length of both Kaido's scar.

:steef::steef::steef:

Then having a legendary duel with the winner facing Mihawk the WSS.

:steef:

That would be cool, seeing someone like Law as a goal to be the WSS with his df. I think Oda missed his chance with Zoro having rivals that want to reach his dream. I think he tried in Marineford with Vista, but it felt a little forced. Shit even Luffy dream seem like everyone kinda given up on that. Maybe Oda is saying both of their dreams is unattainable so why even bother, you know? Luffy and Zoro was born with this, "idgaf" attitude and are determine to achieve their unattainable dream while everyone else bent the knee or given up.

There is too much world building going on with useless characters and unanswered mysterious. A simple thing like multiple swordsman with the same dream would have been cool. 1000+ chapters in and we're not going to see any other great swordsmen aside from Mihawk and maybe ?Vista?

That would be cool, seeing someone like Law as a goal to be the WSS with his df. I think Oda missed his chance with Zoro having rivals that want to reach his dream. I think he tried in Marineford with Vista, but it felt a little forced. Shit even Luffy dream seem like everyone kinda given up on that. Maybe Oda is saying both of their dreams is unattainable so why even bother, you know? Luffy and Zoro was born with this, "idgaf" attitude and are determine to achieve their unattainable dream while everyone else bent the knee or given up.
Exactly. Which is why I'm rooting for Big Mom's defeat with Kidd being the main player as well as him learning aCoC.

Dont think he will, is to late in the story.

But would be cool if Oda had made he clash with guys with same dream, or at least have made Kaku "the best swordsman in cypher poll" and things like this with other enemies.

This runs parallel to the ongoing discussion about how underwhelming Kid has been - as well as how Law has devolved into a Straw Hat proxy. Oda clearly wants to keep Luffy and Zoro peerless, even when it’s to the detriment of the narrative.

The world in general seems to have barely a dozen true, unalloyed swordsmen. Shiryu may not even truly be in the running now that he has eaten his fruit, given that from what Zoro said of King, any display of pragmatism is disqualifying in a swordsman. It’s going to be a very underwhelming accomplishment.
While the supernova overall aren't really rivals, Luffy still has Blackbeard.

Zoro literally has nobody.

Swordsmen and snipers + vice admirals are incredibly underutilized.

The thing is that Zoro's dream would be better to fit a main shonen character like Luffy honestly... He would need more screentime and more opponents, more character depth and struggle (Luffy and Sanji got more of that for example, until now), both emotionally and combat wise and thats why i think Zoro needs to be someone "special", he can't be a random dude, there is when the "Shimotsuki" thing comes, by doing that Oda adds to Zoro's character just by him simply existing, and connects him to other characters, places and mores

Sometimes i think Oda could've done differently with Zoro instead of putting him to get trained by Mihawk but as i said this would require Zoro to be a protagonist for example, but in a sense Zoro's whole life revolves around him and Kuina, so the amount of content Mihawk vs Zoro will have will give a complete new shine to Zoro's character.

Imagine Mihawk vs Zoro having like 20~30 chapters length, with a lot of flashbacks between them during the timeskip, flashbacks from every single fight Zoro had, flashbacks of his childhood and several things we don't even know about, it would be basicly something like a complete "Zoro's arc".